Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

ALLC featured in movie Bruce Almighty

Tue Jun 03, 2003 6:37 am

Anyone seen this one yet? I hadn't heard that the ALLC remix was in the film, so I was very pleasantly surprised to see that part of the movie when I caught this flick over the weekend. Naturally it made the movie much, much better. :D It was used in a similar manner to how the '68 Special version of the song was featured in Ocean's Eleven. Very cool!

[My apologies if someone has already posted something about this.]

Tue Jun 03, 2003 7:03 am

Oops, I just saw where this had in fact been mentioned before. I did not pick up on Stand By Me in the film, as Rob S. noticed. :?

Tue Jun 03, 2003 10:38 am

Actually, I'm glad you brought this up again!

Great movie, by the way!

The reason I'm glad you did is because I wanted to correct one thing... it's actually the 1966 studio version of "Where Could I Go But To The Lord" that's playing. It's playing very faintly in the background when he's sitting in the diner he goes into right after he gets his powers.

But still, it's great that they used another Elvis song!

Tue Jun 03, 2003 2:06 pm

Wouldn't it be great if the use of 'ALLC' in this block-buster film led to renewed success for the single in the US !

Could upset BMG's plans for the follow-up !

Colin B

Tue Jun 03, 2003 8:03 pm

MikeMcCoy wrote:The reason I'm glad you did is because I wanted to correct one thing... it's actually the 1966 studio version of "Where Could I Go But To The Lord" that's playing. It's playing very faintly in the background when he's sitting in the diner he goes into right after he gets his powers.

But still, it's great that they used another Elvis song!

And very cool that they would have used another song so subtly! I am beating up myself over here for not having noticed that! I am almost inclined to think that havng Elvis music playing in the background like that is such a normal thing to me that maybe for that reason my brain didn't pick up on it! Great excuse, huh? :lol:

Tue Jun 03, 2003 8:09 pm

Hey, perhaps when Rocky 75 comes out they could put in a remixed version of Old Shep to be played when Rocky runs up to the top of the steps and then puts on his oxygen mask?
I ought to be in hollywood, LOL
:lol:

Just Kidding Friends, he he he