Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

More on the anti piracy internet police

Tue Jun 03, 2003 2:29 am

In reading many of the recent posts about this, I think everyone is getting needlessly worked up.

All fan's websites get these kinds of notices from time to time. This isn't about people trading live recordings, it is more about selling and trading CDRs of official releases.

Someone used the term "squealed" almost to indicate someone on this messageboard notified someone, I do not think this is true. I am a member of other band messageboards and I know that the Rush and Led Zeppelin communities have gotten these notices lately as well. It's no big deal, so long as the offers to copy and sell official releases are kept off the boards. Talking about imports and live recordings and the trading thereof is fine.

So, let's not get too worked up about this. We don't have to change our behavior too much, just don't talk about buying/selling copies of official releases on the public forum. No one cares about the live stuff.

Greg

Tue Jun 03, 2003 3:15 am

sound's like that this internet police wont let anyone have some fun
on the internet,

curtis simpkins

Tue Jun 03, 2003 3:46 am

Lets get something straight Greg, when I say squeeling, I am referring to statements made and my suspcions about the behavior. I won't really go into it again, but it is there. That said, I am aware there are random checks and what not. That doesn't mean I will condone behavior about comments made toward inquires on imports. I for one don't talk about trading or anything like that on this board.

I would hope that other people are the same way. If it were me(and I don't control the board), I would say "do you have this" they say "yes" so I say "lets email each other".

Some people feel they have to say YES I own this...Yes I want to trade this for that. Oh Yes I will spend this much...etc.

To me this place should be a meeting place to learn about what is out there or who is interested. Trading is illegal. OWNING COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL WITHOUT HAVING THE ORIGINAL IS INFRINGEMENT!!!

Tue Jun 03, 2003 3:50 pm

my opinion about piracy

everybody owning a computer with a cdr burner is a pirate !
In some countries burning cdr of music that you owned (officials cds bought in a store) is illegal !!!

but there is "degrees" in piracy
when someone is asking a lot of money for hundreds of cdr "home burned" sold all over the world it became a "bussiness" that irritate the legal industry

if you trade privately some cdr with others people it is illegal too
but the risk is close to zero and big brother from BMG or SONY wil not give a damn of your life

THERE IS A LOT OF HYPOCRICY ( not shure of the spelling )

in france we are paying taxes on blank cdrs for copyright and in the other hand it is illegal to make copies !!
SONY is against piracy but sells cdr burners and blank discs !!!!!!

I remember that when they had launched the cassette tape back in 67 the industry was complaining it will be the end of the artists !!!!!! :lol: LOL
poor madonna is begging for a meal in the street !! :cry:

and speaking of elvis fans yes they search "bootleg music"
but only because BMG WAS NOT SELLING IT ! :twisted:

the basic elvis fan who bought hundred ( thousands ? ) bucks in offical stuff
is treated sometime like a thief for a fistul of badly sounding bootlegs

hey mister bmg rca don't you never have a kee to shut properly your vaults with all that stuff vanished all this years
with hundred of hours of official recordings in "private hands" you better look for this instead of warning us and treating us like sh*t ( sorry )

strange way to thanks your best and most loyal buyers :wink:

Tue Jun 03, 2003 5:52 pm

Jailhouse Rocker..I like your style. Well said!!

They create the need. I buy almost every RCA Elvis release so they have made their money and more.

to genesim

Wed Jun 04, 2003 7:24 pm

thanks genesim :D

after some ( little ) mess around about irak war ( hoops ! of Topic :evil: ) we are on the same track on this one ! :P

a real investigation about all this vanished material "hold" by RCA BMG
during so many years have still to be done !

good subject for a oliver stone movie !!!!

Thu Jun 05, 2003 3:44 am

As for Sony making copy machines and discs, but being against piracy.
I believe it is not against the law to make back up copies for yourself.

:)

Thu Jun 05, 2003 5:37 am

the way bootleggers got this material was the company's fault to start with.
they tossed out many reels of tape and acetates.
it started in 1959 with vault clean outs.
with the ftd label and ernst we will have lots of better quality alternates and sb to look forward to.
since ftd there isn't much more studio sessions that have surfaced on boot cds. its mostly poor quality audience tapes which bmg will never release since its so bad quality.
they have better things to release like sb quality.
trading isn't illegal no one is making profits from the material.
this is the only way to afford some unofficial cds.
i don't sell unoffical cds.
yes i trade but not for profit the companies don't care as long as you don't sell.
people have traded since forever and will keep on trading that's nothing to get worked up about i'm not worried about those guys.