Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

This is a open message about Elvis trades/sales

Mon Jun 02, 2003 8:28 pm

I for one have been very curious about imports. That is not to say that I would buy, trade or do anything more then inquire. I think certain people on this board need to stop talking about big brother watching and asking for money on trades and basically trying to squeal on people and not knowing what they are talking about.

There is no law against talking about imports, or discussing the existance of said material. The problem is that some people talk about trading and ask for money. Some people also feel they have to blow the whistle on other posters to the board. The fact is, that most people exhibit care and don't talk about trades or sales unless off this message board. I wish everybody would hold true to this.

Mon Jun 02, 2003 8:39 pm

Good post,well said!!!

Trading

Mon Jun 02, 2003 9:22 pm

Is trading against the law? I was always under the impressions that it wasn't. If trading is against the law It would seem that FECC would remove the trading post. I am just curious, god knows I have been wrong before.

Tony

Mon Jun 02, 2003 9:28 pm

Depending what you are trading, if you are trading original CDS (no imports) is legal. If you are making CDRS copies, well there you go ...

Francesc

Mon Jun 02, 2003 9:55 pm

I'm quite sure BMG imports are fine.

Mon Jun 02, 2003 11:55 pm

They are coming !!

Tue Jun 03, 2003 12:03 am

Talking about bootlegs or trading IS NOT illegal. It's illegal to SELL bootlegs/counterfiets. To own them is NOT illegal. Trading IS NOT illegal, but to help protect this site, any trading should be prefaced
by the following statement "contact me privately", etc.

Regards,
Buffalo Wings
:)

Tue Jun 03, 2003 12:32 am

Who is the source of the piracy and bootlegging? I'm sure there is a very short list of persons who have access to the RCA/BMG vaults where Elvis Preslet studio tapes and soundboard reels are stored. Who is smuggling and/or copying and/or stealing them to make all of these "import" cds???

Who?

Bust that sonofabitch.

I read about a 2-cd set from a label called Circle G that was Elvis' June 1958 session. It was on cd imported from Germany. How the hell does a tape made in Nashville, Tennessee, USA wind up in Germany being pressed into a 1,000 compact discs?

Tue Jun 03, 2003 1:03 am

Like many bootlegs the Circle G CD sounds like it was compiled from various sources. Whilst copies of the master tapes must have been circulating at some point, this doesn’t necessarily mean the bootleggers had access to these tapes, and it’s possible they could have compiled their album from other releases.

We also have to remember that RCA/BMG’s in house auditing is much more efficient now than it was say 20 years ago, and some of these recordings slipped out of the RCA vaults a long time ago. One certain thing is that the quality bootlegs released during the CD era has been a major influence on RCA/BMG’s release policy, and particularly the FTD label. It’s worth noting that that there was only a demand for bootleg product because RCA weren’t giving the fans want they wanted. Thankfully, that has now changed, and it’s no co-incidence that as a result of this, there are less bootlegs available, and the quality of them seems to be deteriorating.

Tue Jun 03, 2003 4:16 am

:twisted: the riaa morons are the ones that need to keep their mouths shut.
trading is not illegal butthead.

Tue Jun 03, 2003 4:18 am

tradin is illegal as NAPSTER found out!!! OWNING COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL IS AGAINST THE LAW.

Tue Jun 03, 2003 4:45 am

OWNING COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL IS AGAINST THE LAW.

Genesim, that don't even make sense the way you state it.

I own copyrighted material - on every cd I went to the mall and purchased.
I own copyrighted material on things I created and thereby own the copyright of.

Tue Jun 03, 2003 5:07 am

Sorry, OWNING COPIED COPYRIGHTED,(without owning the origianl) MATERIAL IS ILLEGAL. Better?

Tue Jun 03, 2003 5:15 am

= whew =

that's much better. :lol:

btw, are you gellin?

Tue Jun 03, 2003 5:17 am

gellin? I am sorry, what does that mean?

Tue Jun 03, 2003 5:25 am

I'm so gellin. I'm gellin like a felon. Like Magellan, I'm so gellin.

(It's a humorous tv spot airing quite often) :roll:
(I would videtape it and mail it to you but that would be copying copyrighted mateerial)

Tue Jun 03, 2003 5:33 am

lol

For the record, I am NOT a copyright infringement advocate. I am actually the opposite. I think that fellow fans sharing information is a good thing.

Tue Jun 03, 2003 5:35 am

rockinrebel wrote:It’s worth noting that that there was only a demand for bootleg product because RCA weren’t giving the fans want they wanted. Thankfully, that has now changed, and it’s no co-incidence that as a result of this, there are less bootlegs available, and the quality of them seems to be deteriorating.

Yep.

FTD's are now the "official" bootlegs.

The demand for unreleased audio and the money that comes with it are both out there, ......... just a question of who will satisfy that demand and who the money is handed over to as a result.

N8
...just a fan....