Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

TO ALL WITH ACCESS TO BBC RADIO 2!

Mon Jun 02, 2003 3:12 pm

I think it's on wednesday evening at 10.30...

there is a show about Chuck Berry all about his relationship with Elvis.

Sounds interesting!

Mon Jun 02, 2003 5:07 pm

I found this review of the show on the publishing media website, but it doesn’t mention any connections between Chuck and Elvis:

Chuck Berry
Wednesday@10.00pm / BBC Radio 2
ROGER DALTREY, OF The Who, introduces this documentary on the legendary Chuck Berry. Cars – an important part of Chuck’s life – get a mention, and his first prison sentence is discussed. Daltrey also talks about Berry’s first professional engagement in 1952, leading on in that same year to "the night he invented rock ‘n’ roll"; and New Year’s Eve at Huff’s Garden, East St Louis, when he played his first gig with drummer Ebby Hardy, and pianist Johnnie Johnson, with whom he was to play off and on for decades. His first recording session for Chess is explored, which resulted in the smash hit Maybellene, and Daltrey features the extremely rare Oh Maria, released on Ballad records by Joe Alexander And The Cubans, and the single Chuck denies he ever made. The autobiography Chuck Berry is still available on Faber and Faber, while John Collis's biography of Berry will provide more clues to an enigmatic life.

Tue Jun 03, 2003 1:09 pm

So it might be 10.00 pm! Thanks for that.

I saw the mention of it being about Berry and Elvis in the radio section of the TV Times - judging by the number of other things they have got wrong about Elvis, I wouldn't be surprised if this was a mistake too.

Hope not because if it is to do with Chuck and Elvis, it should be a gooden!