Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

The Singer

Mon Jun 02, 2003 11:12 am

The beauty of simplicity is often overlooked by those music snobs who think clever music is supreme. Our own daughter can empty a room fast by playing a technically brilliant piano study, but fill it again with a melodic Chopin Waltz .

Beethoven took a simple Irish air and created a masterpiece his magnificent, Seventh Symphony.

Elvis sang, "Love Me Tender", and stole the hearts of millions, including Meatloaf!

Why did John Lennon fall in love with, "Baby Let's Play House", because of the song-writing? No indeed not! John like us all fell head over heels in love with Elvis's voice. "........Simply the most magnificent ever recorded". Michael Ochs (Rock Archives)

Recordings have elevated Elvis Presley the singer into the future. Elvis' voice is just so extraordinary it enthralls whoever has ears to appreciate its sheer beauty.

Mon Jun 02, 2003 12:56 pm

Beautifully written Maurice. I think E1 really showcased his unbelievable voice.

Mon Jun 02, 2003 5:35 pm

Joe Car, Thank you, yes I agree, "ELV1S", for the 25th Anniversary was an excellent release.

The Poll on the link may cause a few chins to drop :-)
http://www.harrisinteractive.com/harris ... sp?PID=317

Mon Jun 02, 2003 5:47 pm

Interesting Maurice. But I seem to recall a poll in the 90's that stated that something like 45% of Americans considered themselves Elvis fans.

Mon Jun 02, 2003 8:43 pm

People die, Peter dube. :-)

THE SINGER, NOT THE SONG!

Mon Jun 02, 2003 11:52 pm

Nice read Maurice! It's what Elvis is all about to me: The way he sings! The way he gives life to songs most people would have written off, and the way the classics remain!

Tue Jun 03, 2003 8:20 am

Thanks bajo, Those early echoes
reverberate still. The ability of Elvis' voice to transcend the cacaphony of modern popular music is proof enough of his durability. His speaking voice alone got him into the charts -see "Elvis Sails" :-)

http://community.webshots.com/album/42886863PmMEez

Tue Jun 03, 2003 8:42 am

"Cacophony" of modern popular music ..............

that just about sums it up.

Never has there been another singer that can move me the way Elvis does. I keep looking, but I ain't finding ................

For those that don't care for Elvis' music, I wonder in utter amazement if they have ever REALLY listened to it.

N8
...just a fan....

Tue Jun 03, 2003 5:54 pm

N88OEP, Discerning ears are required to appreciate the versatility of Elvis' voice - the wide range of his material ensures there is something for everybody.

At his best, and there are hundreds of excellent examples, he stood head and shoulders above all other popular singers-bar none....er Second to none:-)

Wed Jun 04, 2003 3:09 am

N880EP wrote:For those that don't care for Elvis' music, I wonder in utter amazement if they have ever REALLY listened to it.

Amen, N8.

I sincerely don't think it is possible to listen to his music and not be moved on some level. No one communicates feeling in his or her singing the way Elvis did; that is what I believe more than anything grabs people. That is why you hear about people feeling like Elvis is singing to them, why his music is such a personal thing to some people.

Wed Jun 04, 2003 8:35 pm

Elvis Presley had a "Chameleon voice" is just one description I heard somewhere. Not far from the truth when you think about it.

Elvis' ability to communicate is legendary.

A serious examination of the many voices of Elvis is long overdue-is there a musicologist up to it out there?