Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Elvis The Concert - Sheffield May 31st - If I can Dream

Sun Jun 01, 2003 5:56 pm

Hi,

What can I say, I was one of the lucky ones who got to see Paul McCartney and Elvis in the same week.......and you know what Elvis was the one that got me most excited....

Anyway highlights of the show for me were -

1. If I Can Dream
2. Funny How Time Slips away
3. Guitar Man
4. Welcome to My World

and the rest of the show. You know its namazing the feeling you get inside when you hear the sound of 2001 theme live in a concert hall with the TCB band behind a curtain.....the feeling is amazing...wow.....and this is the third time I have seen the show. I took my two children along to see the King in action and I am sure one day they will have stories to tell their Grandchildren about it.

What a night !

I just hope they do a 2004 tour, the image of Elvis singing 'If I Can Dream' was as good as it gets for me.

Regards

e. (Sheffield UK)

PS. The ALLC JXL remix was played during the interval and the video was mixed with the Nike advert and official video and it was very cool for the kids. I am indeed looking forward to Elvis's next Remix. I hope its Rubberneckin and they use actual footage.

Mon Jun 02, 2003 2:16 pm

Hi

I saw the show a couple of days earlier in Glasgow. During the ALLC video in the interval, there was a guy in a jumpsuit dancing and going crazy through the crowd. This made the crowd cheer and clap him loudly. "A Little Light Comedy". It was funny.

Clarke

Sound

Mon Jun 02, 2003 2:26 pm

Hi......i`ve seen a few gigs at Sheffield over the years, and i have always been struck by the bad sound there, including Elvis The Concert a couple of years ago. What was the sound like this time ?

Mon Jun 02, 2003 3:11 pm

EZ - The sound in the Arena was amazing. The orchestra came through really well and the whole symphony sound with the band, backing singers and orchestra was brilliant.

I saw the show at Wembley in 99 and the sound at the arena on Saturday was much better!

e. Where were you sitting? I was up in the balcony to the left of the stage. What a great night, only marred by people sitting on the same row having the smallest bladders in the world! We must have been disturbed about 10 times!

Andrew

Mon Jun 02, 2003 3:31 pm

Hi Andrew,

We were sat in Block B on the floor 17 rows back from the stage........right in the middle.

Regards

e.

Superb!!!

Mon Jun 02, 2003 10:22 pm

Hello!

I went to see the show last night at the London Arena and i gotta say it was the best yet for me! I saw the show at Wembley in 99 and then in Memphis last August but for me last night kicked ass.
The sound was simply superb...they got the mix just right.It sounded so clear.The band played the best iv'e seen them play.Ronnie Tutt was great,playing with a little more edge,which seemed to spur everyone on.
It was good to see slightly different camera angles used in Guitar Man.Hopefully these will be on the upcoming DVD 68 special.

Anyhow i for one will be going again if it does come back.I took my mate and his wife who are both not really into Elvis and they were blown away by it!!.As i sat there watching i was trying to think of any living artist that could compete with a video image and i cannot think of ANYONE that comes even close.
I suppose that's why he was given the honur Artist of the Century though.

It was much smoother this time round....all the songs and the band really were flowing better than Wembley in 99.

Long may it continue to tour!!

TCE

Timboy

Tue Jun 03, 2003 11:11 am

e. I could see you lot down on the floor on your feet dancing to quite a few of the songs. What a great night it was!

The crowd's singing was just about audible over the sound of the band as well which created an erie yet exciting vibe in the arena.

I will post my review of the concert later.

Andrew