Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

I MAY BE WRONG, BUT....

Sun Jun 01, 2003 4:56 am

I think this song was nominated for a grammy for best song in a soundtrack that year????? Could it be???

Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:18 am

Again, there was no songs from any of Elvis' films that were nominated for a grammy or an oscar.

jeff R

Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:28 am

this song here would be a good re-mix like allc

curtis simpkins

Sun Jun 01, 2003 3:39 pm

There was a 45 pressed of the song for submission to the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences by the writer of the song. Jerry Osborne lists it in his Official Price Guide to Elvis Presley Records and Memorabilia. I believe he--the writer--was hopeful for a nomination.

Terry

Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:52 pm

Curtis Simpkins wrote:this song here would be a good re-mix like allc

I don’t think so. If the next remix is “Rubberneckin’” this would be a good choice. The original version of the track already has a soul/funk feel to it, and like “ALLC” it doesn’t sound dated. It also comes from the legendary 1969 Memphis sessions, so the story behind the song (which can be used to promote the track as a news item in various music magazines) focuses on one of the key events in the Presley career, and that means positive publicity.

Sun Jun 01, 2003 9:07 pm

jeffreyjames wrote:Again, there was no songs from any of Elvis' films that were nominated for a grammy or an oscar.

jeff R

The "Blue Hawaii" album was nominated for a Grammy ("Best original soundtrack recording") and lost to "Westside Story".