Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

"Unseen Elvis" Candids of the King book

Sun Jun 01, 2003 1:38 am

Does anyone have this book or a review on the book? I dont know if it is worth buying or not.

Thanks,
Jenn

Sun Jun 01, 2003 2:21 am

If you mean the one by J. Curtin that's one of my favourite photo books with around 400 candids. I don't take the accompanying text as totally factual though......for instance theres a pic of Elvis holding a surfboard from around 1968 which gets credited as being from his last vacation of 1977 !!!!!!!

That said it is full of great photos and can often be found at a very reasonable price. I have some of his other publications too - which also have some very nice pictures in them.

Sun Jun 01, 2003 3:18 am

I agree with ClintReno. It's worth buying. But not for the written word. The pitures are very good. starting with the 50's then Hollywood and 60's ending with some great candid's from the seventies. Did you know, by the way that the author is the cowbell guy from Pittsburgh newyears eve 76/77. i Don't know much about the fellow but in the he's seen in junpsuit, that gives me some unpleased chilles. Let's not argue about that, the book is the subject and that one is great (even the size). Catch it if you can.

Mon Jun 02, 2003 9:58 am

I third that one. I love the book. It is great for...well Unseen Elvis. There are lots of cool pictures of Elvis with chicks in the 50's. Love those crooked teeth. Get it...it is worth it.