Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

You're The Reason I am living Turn Around Look At Me

Sat May 31, 2003 4:51 am

I was wondering where these songs are located in a complete concert!! What are the names of the Imports?

You're The Reason I am Living
You Can Have Her
Turn Around Look At Me

Also is Take These Chains From My Heart any good? Is the quality really bad?

I am done with qestions after this(for a while). Any information would help. I like to hear rare Elvis songs(especially not his own). What I like most is to have these songs in the context of comlete concerts, instead of compilations. Thanks to all that can help me.

Sat May 31, 2003 1:04 pm

Genesim,
You can Have Her is from Los Angeles, May 11 (I believe), 1974 afternoon show. Available on boot simpily titled "Los Angeles" bearing a cover shot from 1976 and the show itself is misdated. The quality is lower than JD.
Turn Around Look at Me is from the incredible double CD set titled, "Gyrating Asheville" from the Live Archives label. A trmendous show from the summer of 75' also featuring Shake a Hand and Promised Land all in decent audience quality. A few lines of Turn Around are available on the newest Memory Records release "In Dreams of Yesterday" from 1974.
You're the Reason I'm living is from March 22, 1975 Los Vegas midnight show. Available in soundboard quality on "A Profile" vol. 2 disc #4 from Fort Baxter. Also available as a select cut from RCA/BMG on "Live in Las Vegas" box set and again from Fort Baxter on the new release "Thank You Very Much".
The particular CD you mentioned, "Take These Chains From My Heart" is one I'm not familiar with, maybe someone else can fill us both in on this one. If I had to guess, I'd guess it is a below average audience recording, but let's wait and get the official word.
Hope I helped,
Steve

Sat May 31, 2003 1:04 pm

Genesim,

1) Las Vgeas, March 22nd 1975 MS - can be found on the Fort Baxter boxset A Profile The king On Stage Vol. II, CD 4

2) Los Angeles, May 11th 1974, AS - can be found on the import, mistakenly called, Los Angeles, November 5th 1974

3) Ashville, July 23rd 1975 - can be found on the import Gyrating Ashiville

All three are complete shows and can be found on the import list on this site.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Stefan

Re: You're The Reason I am living Turn Around Look At Me

Sat May 31, 2003 3:04 pm

genesim wrote:Also is Take These Chains From My Heart any good? Is the quality really bad?

Yes it is bad!

Sat May 31, 2003 5:18 pm

Take these Chains from My heart? What is that? I notice it is in between My Boy and My Boy. Is this just a couple of lines? Is this a real song?

Thanks to everyone for the detailed answers above.

Sat May 31, 2003 7:09 pm

genesim wrote:Take these Chains from My heart? What is that? I notice it is in between My Boy and My Boy. Is this just a couple of lines? Is this a real song?

"Take These Chains From My Heart" was written and recorded by Hank Williams. If I'm not mistaken, Ray Charles had a hit with his version of the song in the 1960s.

I hope this is of help to you.

Tom (from Ohio)

Sat May 31, 2003 7:49 pm

genesim wrote:Take these Chains from My heart? What is that? I notice it is in between My Boy and My Boy. Is this just a couple of lines? Is this a real song?

genesim,

This is only a one liner...another one liner of this song was done during the August 21st 1974 MS

Kind regards,
Stefan