Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

how come we haven't yet gotten an outtake of i gotta know?

Fri May 30, 2003 10:24 pm

with all the nashville sessions coming out i find it odd that there is no outtake of i gotta know? the master is take 2 the only thing i can think of is take one was a false start and the second take was the last one. but hearing these sessions, and the way elvis allways did numerous takes this still puzzles me. can anyone lend some insight, c'mon dr john and colin b put your thinking caps on. have a great weekend, mike :roll:

Fri May 30, 2003 10:27 pm

I Gotta Know!

Fri May 30, 2003 10:29 pm

lol good one gen, :lol:

Fri May 30, 2003 10:32 pm

I am gonna have to break out this song now. I love it and haven't heard it for a while. "how long can I keep waiting"

Fri May 30, 2003 10:38 pm

nine and nine makes forteen four and four make nine the clock is striking thirteen i think i lost my mind...... now you got me started gen!!!! :wink:

Fri May 30, 2003 11:20 pm

simmerrocks -

"Saw the fortune-teller, had my fortune read"

"I'm lonesome & I'm love sick,
Got my mind on lipstick" !

It's a great little song isn't it ?

Nothing is known of Take 1, it might be a false start.

Colin B

Fri May 30, 2003 11:25 pm

One of my favorite Elvis songs. I hope they put this on 2nd to None. Never grow tired of listening to it. The 1st 45 with picture sleeve I bought in a record store. I got my mind on lipstick. What a great song!!!

Fri May 30, 2003 11:47 pm

I remember Ernst saying one time that it's a false start, they don't even get to the part where Elvis sings. That's why we don't have it.

Really sad, too, because I love this song also! (ok, yeah you got me I love 'em all! :lol: )

??

Sat May 31, 2003 1:39 pm

same question i guess matters about the song PADRE....no outtakes eather?

Marcel from Holland

Sat May 31, 2003 1:50 pm

It's the same for "Reconcider Baby". Take 2 is the master. Take 1 is a false start.

I would'nt mind if FTD included these 'masters' on a release with their short false starts. Just to hear them would be cool.

RKS

Sat May 31, 2003 1:53 pm

the only song i read ernst comments on is reconsider baby it doesn't get to where elvis sings not i gotta know.