Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Cut Me and I Bleed Origins

Fri May 30, 2003 3:45 am

I want to get complete performances of the songs/dialogue that was put on Cut Me And I Bleed. Where are the complete tracks on IMPORT or Official. Here is what I have so far.

Ode To A Robin-A Private Moment With The King
Don't Cry Dady-Brightest Star On Suset Blvd.
You Gave Me A Mole Hill-Elvis On Tour Rehearsals
Monologue-Desert Storm-Drug Story

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. ESPECIALLY for the Memories rehearsal.

Fri May 30, 2003 4:10 am

OK - not definitive but heres a few off hand ones :

Ode to a Robin - Private Moment With The King

Wings of an angel - Theres Always Me

U.S. Male (take 4) - Theres Always Me

100 years from now (uncut) ??????

Got my mojo working (uncut) ???????

I washed my hands in muddy water (uncut) ???????

Only the strong survive (uncut) FTWH or Animal Instinct

It's midnight (rehearsal Aug. 16, 1974) - sunset bl to paradise road

Promised land (rehearsal Aug. 16, 1974) - sunset bl to paradise road

Hurt - Animal Instinct

Cindy, Cindy (uncut) ??????

Goin' home (takes 16/19) ????????

Beach shack (Takes 1/3) ????????

Don't cry daddy (studio rehearsal July 24, 1970) - Brightest Star

Heart of Rome (studio rehearsal July 24, 1970) - Brightest Star

Memories (studio rehearsal July 24, 1970) - Brightest star

Stranger in my own home town (studio rehearsal July 24, 1970) - Brightest Star

Good time Charlie's got the blues (live, Aug. 19 1974) If You Talk In Your Sleep or Sun Blv to paradise Road

You gave me a molehill (studio rehearsal March 31, 1972) ?????

Polk a little sock salad (studio rehearsal March 31, 1972) ???????

American trilogy (live, August 30, 1974) - Night Fever In Vegas

Monologue (Drug Story) - Desert Storm

My guess for the ?????? 1970 studio tracks would be 'Theres A Whole Lotta Shakin Goin On'

Fri May 30, 2003 8:00 am

Thanks Clint, you have been a big help!

Fri May 30, 2003 8:14 am

hey how about the monolog on night fever when someone said to elvis

i hate you elvis,
and elvis f**k you.

put that at the end of the cd.

curtis simpkins

Fri May 30, 2003 6:31 pm

Polk A Little Sock Sallad is from the stage rehearsal in Las Vegas, August 10th. 1970 and not from the 1972 On Tour rehearsals.

Sincerely MB280E

Fri May 30, 2003 7:59 pm

MB280E wrote:Polk A Little Sock Sallad is from the stage rehearsal in Las Vegas, August 10th. 1970 and not from the 1972 On Tour rehearsals.

Sincerely MB280E

Right !

I actually copied and pasted that info from FECC's import section - I only added the ??????'s and the CD titles. They may wish to amend that info.

I believe that track can be found on the import 'Hang Loose'

Fri May 30, 2003 8:58 pm

Ode To A Robin (Home Recording 1973 – “ A Private Moment With The King”)

Wings Of An Angel (January 17, 1968, RCA Studio B, Nashville – “Wings Of An Angel)

US Male (January 17, 1968, RCA Studio B, Nashville – “Wings Of An Angel)

100 Years From Now (June 4, 1970, RCA Studio B, Nashville – “There’s A Whole Lotta Shakin’ Goin’ On”)

Got My Mojo Working (June 5, 1970, RCA Studio B, Nashville – “There’s A Whole Lotta Shakin’ Goin’ On”)

I Washed My Hands In Muddy Water (June 7, 1970, RCA Studio B, Nashville – “There’s A Whole Lotta Shakin’ Goin’ On”)

Only The Strong Survive (February 19, 1969, American Studios, Memphis – “Finding The Way Home”)

It’s Midnight (rehearsal - August 16, 1974, RCA Studios, Hollywood – “From Sunset Boulevard To Paradise Road”)

Promised Land (rehearsal - August 16, 1974, RCA Studios, Hollywood – “From Sunset Boulevard To Paradise Road”)

Hurt (February 5, 1976, Jungle Room, Graceland – “Among Friends”/”From The Bottom Of My Heart Volume 2”)

Cindy Cindy (June 4, 1970, RCA Studio B, Nashville – “There’s A Whole Lotta Shakin’ Goin’ On”)

Goin’ Home (January 16, 1968, RCA Studio B, Nashville – Not sure on this. There was a CDR release from these sessions, but this came out after “Cut Me And I Bleed”)

Beach Shack (February 16, 1966, Radio Recorders, Hollywood – “Spin In – Spin Out”)

Don’t Cry Daddy (rehearsal - July 24, 1970, RCA Studios, Hollywood “The Brightest Star On Sunset Boulevard Vol.1”)

Heart Of Rome (rehearsal - July 24, 1970, RCA Studios, Hollywood “The Brightest Star On Sunset Boulevard Vol. 2")

Memories (rehearsal - July 24, 1970, RCA Studios, Hollywood “The Brightest Star On Sunset Boulevard Vol.2”)

Stranger In My Own Home Town (rehearsal - July 24, 1970, RCA Studios, Hollywood “The Brightest Star On Sunset Boulevard Vol. 2”)

Good Time Charlie’s Got The Blues (live – August 19, 1974, Las Vegas Nevada – “If You Talk In Your Sleep”/”From Sunset Boulevard To Paradise Road”)

You Gave Me A Molehill (rehearsal - March 31, 1972, RCA Studio A, Hollywood – “The Complete On Tour Sessions Volume 1”)

Polk A Little Sock Salad (August 6, 1970 – Showroom Rehearsal, Las Vegas, Nevada – “Hang Loose”)

An American Trilogy (live – August 30, 1974, Las Vegas, Nevada - “Night Fever In Vegas”)

Monologue (live – September 2, 1974, Las Vegas Nevada - “Desert Storm”)

Fri May 30, 2003 10:08 pm

Thanks Rockin Rebel.

Fri May 30, 2003 10:18 pm

Rockinrebel -

You wrote:

"Goin’ Home (January 16, 1968, RCA Studio B, Nashville – Not sure on this. There was a CDR release from these sessions, but this came out after “Cut Me And I Bleed”)"

There is the 1997 unofficial CD: "Goin' Home" which has the takes 16, 17 & 19 [take 18 is called but nothing gets taped].

Colin B

Sat May 31, 2003 6:07 pm

Thanks Colin,

I was pretty sure everything on “Cut Me And I Bleed” had been sourced from other bootlegs, but I don’t have the “Goin’ Home” CD, and I couldn’t remember were this material was originally issued. The “Goin’ Home” CD doesn’t feature on FECC’s import list either, so I couldn’t find anything there. I think the CDR release was titled “I’m Goin’ Home” but that was definitely issued after “Cut Me And I Bleed”.

Sat May 31, 2003 6:38 pm

rockinrebel,

The Polk A Little Sock Sallad recording is from Augus 10th. 1970 same goes for the rest of the material on that Hang Loose bootleg. It was wrongly dated in the first place as being from Augus 6th.

Sincerely MB280E[/quote]

Sat May 31, 2003 6:39 pm

rockinrebel,

The Polk A Little Sock Sallad recording is from Augus 10th. 1970 same goes for the rest of the material on that Hang Loose bootleg. It was wrongly dated in the first place as being from Augus 6th.

Sincerely MB280E

Sat May 31, 2003 7:21 pm

Thanks,

I took the date from "Sessions II".

Sat May 31, 2003 11:41 pm

Yes it has. Ernst has confirmed the date, and that it´s recorded during a stage rehearsal complete with the orchestra. You can hear both Sweet Caroline and You´ve Lost That Lovin´ Feelin´ from this rehearsal on the Elvis Aron Presley box set and also on the Ftd release The Way It Was in perfect sound quality. Would be nice to get this complete rehearsal on a Ftd release some day. It´s worth it´s own release in my opinion.

Sincerely MB280E

Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:12 pm

Tunzi’s “Sessions II” lists “Sweet Caroline” as having been recorded on August 6, and “You’ve Lost That Loving Feeling” as August 7. It will be interesting to see if this is corrected when “Sessions III” is published. I agree that this rehearsal would make an excellent FTD release. The sound quality on “Hang Loose” is perfectly acceptable, but judging by the sound quality of the material from this rehearsal released by RCA/BMG so far, it could be improved upon. I think we were inundated with Elvis ’70 releases following the TTWII SE, and FTD decided to concentrate on other aspects of the Presley career for a while, but I’m sure this period will be revisited at some point, and hopefully we will get an FTD release of this material.