Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Elvis featured in "The Twilight Zone"

Thu May 29, 2003 8:58 pm

Does anyone recall an episode of either the new "The Twilight Zone" or "Amazing Stories" that came out in the late '80's that featured Elvis in one story?

A young Elvis impersonator went back in time to 1955 and met Elvis and then accidentally caused his death. The impersonator assumed Elvis' life and went through everything Elvis would have before finally, in '77, taking his own life. I never actually saw the episode, but a friend of mine mentioned it to me awhile back and it sounded interesting.

Eagle

His Truth Is Marching On...

Thu May 29, 2003 9:54 pm

That sounds like Amazing Stories. I have a episode guide to the Twilight Zone and it sure ain't one of them. I would know. lol

Fri May 30, 2003 12:11 am

I thought it was the Twilight Zone too, I remember seeing it, liked it...only I remember a different story, Jesse Garon was alive and he/Elvis got into a fight after Elvis got his "record deal" and Elvis died by accident, then Jesse went on to be "Elvis" living a lie for his entire life and dying...something like that

Fri May 30, 2003 12:21 am

that was defenitely an episode of Twilight Zone....I remember seeing it a few years back here in Holland.

I thought it was quite enjoyable to watch.

Kind regards,
Stefan

Fri May 30, 2003 12:23 am

There's also a movie in the making (or in the planning) about an accident that happened during the army days in Germany. Elvis got shot during a trainingday. Since he was in a bad shape (lots of braindamage) The colonel, FBI and others decide to let an Elvis lookalike to take in Elvis place..... This guy takes Elvis place untill he dies in '77... the REAL Elvis (that we know from '54-'59) is then still living (but has the braindamage)...

So the man we are "worshipping" is in fact a stand-inn (from '59 to '77), and the real Elvis is still living in a mental hospital....

Real freaky story..

Fri May 30, 2003 12:25 am

Albert, where did you here this?

Anyway, that would explain the "elvis died when he went into the army bit" LOL

elvis in tv series

Fri May 30, 2003 12:44 am

don't remember about twilight zone but

elvis is also featured in an episode of quantum leap tv serie !

Fri May 30, 2003 1:00 am

Sorry Eagle USA. I must be losing my freakin mind. I was thinking of the old twilight zone which make no sense!!! duh

Fri May 30, 2003 6:32 am

I believe the episode of the Twilight Zone you refer to is titled "The Once and Future King"
Hope this helps.
Greybeard

Fri May 30, 2003 7:14 am

You are correct greybeard. That is the title. I have it on video and it costars Red West!
Also, Elvis did appear on Quantum Leap. He was played by the same person who did the Elvis TV series. Sorry, can't think of his name off the top of my head.

jeff R

Fri May 30, 2003 7:25 am

http://www.steveandmarta.com/new%20twil ... nopsis.htm

this might help

Fri May 30, 2003 7:36 am

hillbillycat -

Yeah !

You've hit on rock's greatest cover up !

By saying "Elvis died when he went in the army", John Lennon revealed that he knew of the Elvis body swap, and sealed his own fate !

When John threatened to reveal all in 1980, Parker sent a brain-washed assassin to silence him for good !

Colin B

Fri May 30, 2003 1:27 pm

Last edited by neckywoudje on Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Fri May 30, 2003 3:37 pm

.................................................... :roll: :roll:
Last edited by ColinB on Sat May 31, 2003 11:38 am, edited 3 times in total.

Fri May 30, 2003 4:11 pm

Wow! Thank you, JonRomanovich for that synopsis!!! Thanks to everyone! Great story, I wish I had seen it as it sounds interesting. I'm a big fan of the sci-fi genre, and Twilight Zone in particular. Cool stuff.

Fri May 30, 2003 5:07 pm

if you go to one of those on tv type websites and do a search evry now and then for when anything elvis related is on tv, I'm sure sci fi will replay it sooner or later

try checking this every so often
the episode was on sci fi about a month ago

http://www.tv-now.com/stars/elvis.html

Fri May 30, 2003 6:57 pm

Hey Colin! Great recognition there, I thought someone would throw that in, you da man...

:)

Twightlight Zone Episode

Fri May 30, 2003 8:47 pm

I remember when it was on an at the time sorry I didn't have a blank tape to record it, then about 6-8 months later it just happen to be on and YOU KNOW I did have a tape ready for it. I liked the episode all the way through and even RED WEST played Elvis Boss was cool. But they did a bad job on the older Elvis for years later...Good Show though...Lynn

Elvis Featured on The Twilight Zone

Sat May 31, 2003 5:36 am

It was The Twilight Zone. Details at http://www.elvis.com.au under Articles/All About Elvis/Elvis on Television