Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

New PARAMOUNT films about to be released

Thu May 29, 2003 7:59 pm

On June 5th another four of Elvis' pictures with PARAMOUNT are going to be released here in Germany: "Girls! Girls! Girls!", "Fun In Acapulco", "Easy Come, Easy Go" and "Paradise, Hawaiian Style".

Well, while I could abandon the latter two I'm looking forward to seeing "Girls" and "Acapulco" in a fantastically restored version like the other four movies that have been released last year. Two colourful early 60ies fun-movies. I'm curious how the "Acapulco" soundtrack will sound on 5.1 Dolby Digital ...

Thu May 29, 2003 8:04 pm

See See, The Region 1 of FIA I think is great. I have always liked this movie. There is some surround. Mainly music. Still it is a cool movie in 16x9 enhanced WIDESCREEN. LOVE URSULA!!

Thu May 29, 2003 8:28 pm

While Im not a great admirer or collector of Elvis' Hollywood efforts, I understand that Loving You is available on dvd with a DTS soundtrack. If this is the case, has anyone bought it and how does it measure up? Id be interested in that movie for the dts alone.......any info?

Thu May 29, 2003 9:55 pm

DTS loving you? Weird. That doesn't sound right. If it is true, maybe that should be my next DVD!!

Thu May 29, 2003 10:03 pm

http://www.getvcds.com/dvd/DVDCL03031009.shtml

Okay, Ive just realised its from those wacky guys in Malaysia, [they are even selling The Two Towers!] But Ive bought from them before with no trouble, so the question still stands....anyone know anything of this title?

Thu May 29, 2003 10:09 pm

Eddie wrote:http://www.getvcds.com/dvd/DVDCL03031009.shtml

Okay, Ive just realised its from those wacky guys in Malaysia, [they are even selling The Two Towers!] But Ive bought from them before with no trouble, so the question still stands....anyone know anything of this title?

The newest release of Loving You (region 1 NTSC) by Lion Gate has a 2 channel Dolby Digital audio track. Dolby Digital is superior to the analog DTS. Sound is great on this one.

Thu May 29, 2003 10:13 pm

Analog DTS?

Im affraid you've lost me, am I wrong in assuming that DTS was soley digital, 5.1 only with more refinements?

Thu May 29, 2003 10:23 pm

Eddie wrote:Analog DTS?

Im affraid you've lost me, am I wrong in assuming that DTS was soley digital, 5.1 only with more refinements?

Sorry, I don't understand you. To my knowledge DTS is an analog format similar to Dolby Surround which was developed around 1978. Dolby Digital 5.1 has up to five descrete channels plus one subwoofer channel. All encoded separately while Dolby Surround uses the left and right channel to encode the middle- and surround-channel.

Fri May 30, 2003 12:16 am

DTS has 5.1 digital sound, and is usually a step up from Dolby 5.1. :D

Fri May 30, 2003 12:22 am

DTS = Digital Theatre System/Sound

Raising the bar on technology, innovation and performance is the driving force at DTS. Groundbreaking in its flexibility, reliability and total sonic realism, DTS digital audio technology has forever changed audience expectations of sound in a movie theatre.

The clean, crisp audio experience known as DTS Digital Sound was introduced in 1993 with Steven Spielberg's blockbuster Jurassic Park, and audiences everywhere were awed by the brilliant new multi-channel soundtrack that transported them into the vivid world created by Spielberg's vision.

Fri May 30, 2003 12:41 am

Thanks Sam, I couldnt have said it better if Id tried,

See See Rider, you had me completely lost there, Im afraid somehow our wires are crossed, DTS is the step ABOVE 5.1 for the audio enthusiasts, and in most cases the difference is awesome,[check out the extended cut of Lord of the Rings on DTS and prepare to have your house rearanged], there have been much more recent upgrades` since DTS, i.e 6.1, 7.1 etc, but theyve yet to take hold. Get yourself a DTS compatable amp and player.....you wont look back if sounds your thing.

Fri May 30, 2003 1:04 am

DTS does not use perceptual encoding. I believe the bit rate is around 755 to 1500. Dolby Digital uses 444 kb or 640 at the absolute maximum. DTS is 5.1 though. Some of the highest quality(1500) is 12 monkies and Twister. Of course don't forget 6.1 channel sound DTS-ES on such movies as Terminator 2 and Lord Of The Rings.