Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

MORE QUESTIONS ABOUT ELVIS ON TOUR

Thu May 29, 2003 7:26 pm

What is the best way to get Elvis On Tour in the most complete form.

The Complete Elvis On Tour Sessions seem to be missing "You Better Run" from the jam sessions. Johnny B Goode seems to be muffled. Though I am not complaining, this stuff is great!!

Does Lost On Tour vol. 1 and vol 2 and Microphones and Rehearsal have more to offer? Any suggestions on what is missing, or the best way to get good material. Should one get all these imports?

Thu May 29, 2003 7:41 pm

I'm surprised that somebody hasn't put all this stuff in order yet on import.

Those 3 CDs are good, probably the most comprehensive - my only qualm is that it's not chronological, the tracks are mixed from various days. Still good CDs, though.

Thu May 29, 2003 7:53 pm

I agree completely, I just wonder if the others have more to offer. Lets say one were to want to put things in Chronological order.

Thu May 29, 2003 7:56 pm

Well, the review on this site gives a rough listing, but it's hard to tell how accurate that is, or if it's more of a guess.

RE. Elvis On Tour

Sun Jun 01, 2003 8:45 pm

I once tried to put all the stuff into the right order and just couldn`t
manage it because the sources you have are too inaccurate.
Even the Tunzi book Recording Sessions 2 isn`t that worked out.
There are sites about concerts, TTWII, movies... but no site which
gives detailed info about this important point in Elvis career.
It seems everybody knows a little bit and speculates a little bit..
But you simply get no detailed, accurate information.
Hopefully the new Tunzi book will solve this problem.
regards
Ciscoking

Sun Jun 01, 2003 9:05 pm

What information are you missing? We know which concerts were filmed/recorded, and also what was rehearsed on March 30, and 31st. The only things I can think of where exact dates may not be known are the snippets of dialogue and backstage chat that have turned up over the years.

To Rockinrebell

Sun Jun 01, 2003 9:27 pm

Hi, rebell.
I mean the different versions of songs we find on the well-known cd`s.
Take a look at Lost On Tour and Sequel. Several songs are repeated.
To which date do they belong ? Elvis sang a few songs like Burning Love
and For The Good Times on 3.30. as well as 3.31.
On 3.31 we have Burning LOve and A Big Hunk even with reprise.
Which of these do we have, or both ?What about See See Rider ?
The dates of the songs are simply not right andElvis rehearsed in April as well.
And as you said, the dialogues and song fragments are to be brought
into order.
Just a few thoughts which came immediately to my mind.
Jusr try to put all the songs on the different releases into order
and let me know. I spent hours and failed...
Take Care
Ciscoking

Mon Jun 02, 2003 4:55 pm

Hi Cisco,

Now I see what you mean. In my original post I was thinking in terms of knowing which songs were recorded on specific dates, but this is indeed somewhat different to knowing exactly which performances are featured on the various bootleg releases from this period.

In the interview with Joe Tunzi featured on this site I found the following quote with regards to the “On Tour” material:

“I think there are several interesting details in the sessions listed, but I think if I had one particular section of the book that is most exciting it would be the filming of the RCA rehearsals for Elvis On Tour for MGM. We go into a detailed account and it's a fans dream. Also, there may be a few songs nobody knows about, but I am not going to promise this yet as the jury is still out on these”.

I did spend some time earlier today trying to cross reference the material released so far, but as you say it’s difficult to come up with definitive dates for a number of performances. Hopefully “Sessions III” will shed new light on the “Elvis On Tour” rehearsals.

Elvis On Tour

Mon Jun 02, 2003 6:33 pm

Hi, rebell

Now I totally coincide with you.
I also read the interview with Tunzi. I think he is the only one who can
get this mess right. Let`s hope so.

Very best regards
Ciscoking