Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Anybody read the Gail Brewer Giorgio books?

Thu May 29, 2003 5:23 pm

Ok, don't shoot me :lol: ...I know its mostly made up b.s. but some of the stuff is fun to read and speculate about :shock: Trust me, I am NOT saying that the Big E is alive and living in Kalamazoo! I have had the "Elvis Files" for quite a while and I just recently picked up a copy of "Elvis Undercover" VERY cheaply. They are both somewhat appealing, sort of like "rubberneckin" at a car wreck! LOL! Just wondering if anyone else has read the stuff and what, if any, opinons you might all have!

Thu May 29, 2003 7:38 pm

Ok, don't shoot me

bang bang... :P

just recently picked up a copy of "Elvis Undercover" VERY cheaply

That's cool. :) How much did they pay you to take it? :lol:

Seriously, though, I've never read that book. I started to read "The Elvis Files" and "Is Elvis Alive" and all that, and I just couldn't, just couldn't stop laughing. I'd like to hear your opinion after you finish that book, though (if you don't have the problem I did that is).

Thu May 29, 2003 7:50 pm

I have read The Elvis Files recently, and just like Mike I couldn´t stop laughing! The woman is obviously insane. It´s laughable but at the same time fascinating - that some people actually believed in this. That stuff about Robocop, for example! But who I am to ridicule such amazing research? Maybe Elvis faked his death and resurfaced in the 80´s, as Robocop! And all the "clues" from Orion Pictures... and Kalamazoo! Switzerland! Wearing a baseball cap and going to Rolling Stones concerts... hell, if you haven´t read the book - go and get it! You won´t stop laughing for weeks... :mrgreen:

Thu May 29, 2003 8:07 pm

Well, I couldn't actually get all the way through the "Elvis Files". For some strange reason it just seemed to go in circles, maybe that was the point! :lol: Plus all that b.s. about Elvis and her book "Orion"...bla, bla, bla, it wasn't that interesting I guess. The "Elvis Undercover" book was actually an easy quick read, day and a half and I was done. It is the better book of the two. I have not read the other one she wrote nor the "Orion" book. The basic premis of the "Undercover" book deals with E.P. being an agent at large for the D.E.A. and him being involved in a serious secret Federal sting operation called "Operation Fountain Pen". The whole deal involved several mafia characters and business deals involving E's JetStar airplane and its proposed sale. The Presley family was supposed to be bilked out of several hundred thousand dollars by these shady characters. E.P. was supposed to testify against them and then he up and "died" :wink: :wink: :wink: Anyway, there are some very interesting parts of it, some humor and some stuff that you just want to go-HUGH? over. Keep it up guys, this may turn out to be a good thread afterall! Peace!

Thu May 29, 2003 8:52 pm

I remember a friend giving me a copy of Gail's book "Is Elvis Alive" around 1987 or so, along with a cassette tape of "Elvis" talking about the last several years of his life...wearing beards & stuff... I skimmed through book and listened to the tape. Both were obviously crap, but I do recall thinking the impersonation on the tape wasn't bad... Way better, actually, than Ral Donner's voice over on "This Is Elvis."

The whole premise was just so shaky, with no credible evidence to back anything up. Fun, though, as a gag gift.

Eagle

His Truth Is Marching On...

Thu May 29, 2003 11:25 pm

Eagle,

Does anyone here have any clue as to whatever became of the guy
who was purported to be Elvis on that tape (I think that his name was
David Darlock?)

Take Care,
Tony

Fri May 30, 2003 12:20 am

I wasn't aware of his name. I thought I'd heard that he had been hired by a fan club to put together something, some sort of recording, for fun and then Gail got her hands on him. I also thought I heard that he came clean not long after because he felt guilty. I really don't know what became of the guy, but he really did a pretty good spoken Elvis impersonation.

Fri May 30, 2003 12:20 am

I confess, I got the book/tape back in the 80's. I leafed through the book, thought it was hogwash, but I did think the voice on the tape sounded very much like Elvis' voiceovers in EOT. But Brewer-Georgio's inaccurate transcription of the lyrics to Way Down (which she claimed as a clue to back up her story) made this whole thing suspect right from the get-go!

Fri May 30, 2003 12:22 am

Right, I remember those lyrics! "found lying on the floor"...what BS!!! The chick had a real active imagination. Did she think people wouldn't refute that sort of crap simply by listening to the music? She probably figured by the time anyone complained that she'd already have made her million from the book & tape.

Fri May 30, 2003 12:25 am

I´ve read (and still have) a copy of the Is Elvis Alive book....I lost the tape though.

I never read the whole book. IMO it was boring and only written to earn some fast $$$$$ (which she did).

The voice on the tape sounded very much like Elvis (especialyn when you´re about 14 years old), and that tape was the only thing that facinated me at the time.

Kind regards,
Stefan

Fri May 30, 2003 1:24 am

EagleUSA wrote:I wasn't aware of his name. I thought I'd heard that he had been hired by a fan club to put together something, some sort of recording, for fun and then Gail got her hands on him. I also thought I heard that he came clean not long after because he felt guilty. I really don't know what became of the guy, but he really did a pretty good spoken Elvis impersonation.

I picked up an old 80's episode of Geraldo on video tape some time ago, guests included Joe Esposito, Brewer Giorgio and the guy that made this tape - who actually replicated the voice in the studio (a fairly good attempt at Elvis' speaking voice)

The whole book thing was discredited on that show - I wouldn't buy that crap- even to use as bin liner. ;) Sounds like it might be good for a few laughs though.

Fri May 30, 2003 7:52 pm

My youngest brother bought me a copy of the book and tape back in '88-'89. (He was insisting that Elvis did not die in '77). Nowadays, when I read the book, I often get a good laugh out of it.

Tom (from Ohio)