Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

The Memphis Record - Wearin' that love on look

Thu May 29, 2003 4:37 pm

My first post here! I recently bought the now deleted cd "The Memphis Record" (BMG - 1987). Is "Wearin' that love on look" an alternate take? Which number?
Thanks

Thu May 29, 2003 4:47 pm

I don't believe any selections from this CD are alternate takes.
As I understand it all of the tracks were re-mixed for "The Memphis Record.

Thu May 29, 2003 4:54 pm

Try to listen to the "and trees won't grow in Arkansas" line.

Thu May 29, 2003 4:55 pm

The first verse is a splice from a different take ( definitely different ) while the rest of the song is as the original.

FECC Team

Thu May 29, 2003 4:57 pm

That's interesting, I never noticed that. :shock:

:D

Thu May 29, 2003 5:05 pm

With the exception of “Rubberneckin’” all of the tracks on “The Memphis Record” were remixed. I would also agree that the take of “Wearin’ That Loved On Look” as included on this CD appears to be an alternate vocal, but I’ve never seen any documentation with regards to which take was used. The master take of “Wearin’ That Loved On Look”, and the re-mixed version issued on “The Memphis Record” do sound very similar, but there is a clear difference in Elvis’ phrasing on the word “Arkansas” during the line “and trees wont grow in Arkansas”. The master was take 15.

Thu May 29, 2003 5:05 pm

The line "Birds can't fly and I don't like apple pie" is not the same as the master take,Elvis's phrasing on the word "pie" is totally different.

Thu May 29, 2003 5:26 pm

Welcome gian,

I always thought that song sounded a little different but as it's not one i play often, I forgot!

Fri May 30, 2003 2:56 am

to me it sound like they pull elvis voice back a little
and back into the mike,

like say elvis backward and moved forward againg.

curtis simpkins