Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Thu May 29, 2003 11:40 am

Hi,
so far I think it is at the White house.
Mikael

Thu May 29, 2003 3:27 pm

Hi Carolyn!

This information is posted at http://www.cnn.com/2002/ALLPOLITICS/08/16/elvis.nixon/

Citations and Credits

All photographs and textual documents used in When Nixon Met Elvis were reproduced from the original records in the custody of the Nixon Presidential Materials Staff (NLNS), National Archives at College Park, MD. A general description of the Oval Office photographs in this exhibit is available in the ARC database as "Photographs of President Nixon and Elvis Presley." The quotation from the book The Day Elvis Met Nixon, copyright © 1994 by Pejama Press, is used with permission.

Special Note: Photographs included in this exhibit were taken by a White House photographer, transferred to NARA as part of the materials under the Presidential Recordings and Materials Preservation Act, and are considered by NARA to be in the public domain. However, the estates of Richard Nixon and Elvis Presley may claim rights in their likenesses and images, and further use of these photographs may be subject to those claims. Anyone who intends to download these images and use them commercially should first contact the appropriate representatives of former President Nixon or Mr. Presley or consult with his own legal counsel.

Thu May 29, 2003 3:31 pm

The documents and the photographs are available here:

http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/nsa/elvis/elnix.html

Thu May 29, 2003 3:40 pm

Thanks for the link to that great site RR!!!
I didn't realize so many pictures were taken of that meeting.
Also, the memorandum for the President following the meeting is an interesting read.
I'd never seen that before.

Thanks again!

Thu May 29, 2003 6:03 pm

Carolyn,

I have been to Graceland at several different times of the year, and one of my favorite trips was one I took in mid-September, 1996. There is little traffic and congestion, and lots of time to really enjoy the exhibits. In fact, it was during that trip at which I took the morning walk up to the Meditation Garden and found myself alone at Elvis's grave for about fifteen minutes. That was a great experience.

I enjoy the hustle and bustle of Tribute Week, too, but every now and then it is nice to lean back and relax.

Thu May 29, 2003 6:27 pm

I went during Xmas and a little bit after New Years eve, it was beautiful and not too many people.

Francesc