Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Elvis On Tour

Thu May 29, 2003 12:02 am

Where is the recording of Johnny B. Goode at the beginning of the movie. It sounds like its studio. On the Elvis On Tour Sessions the tape is muffled, is there any better way to get this recording. Any other "import" or official release.

Thu May 29, 2003 12:15 am

Genesim,
The Johnny B. Goode at the beggining of On Tour is from a studio performance. It is of course eddited for some odd reason.
The uneddited performance can be found on the CD, "Lost On Tour - The Sequel". You can check the track out on Jordan's site if you wish. It's a good cut, but not as good imo as the rehearsal version on the TTWII SE set disc 3.
Hope this helped some,
Steve

Thu May 29, 2003 1:32 am

The version of Johnny B Goode from EOT is actually a rehearsal - it may have been recorded by the MGM crew but it is a rehearsal of the tune not a "studio cut" so to speak.

Thu May 29, 2003 1:36 am

Is johnny b good on the ftd cd sunset 6363.

curtis simpkins

Thu May 29, 2003 4:11 am

Nope

Thu May 29, 2003 5:59 am

BMG may be saving it in case they end up making an "On Tour" CD box set.. That'd be my guess. I love that version.

GOOD "JOHNNY B. GOODE"

Thu May 29, 2003 1:27 pm

I always thought that this "On tour" version was good enough for the "70"s masters" box set, instead of, maybe "Froggy goes a-courtin" or something! Another fine "Johnny B. Goode" can be found on the bootleg "It's a matter of time".
TONY DOBB

Thu May 29, 2003 5:46 pm

Thanks to SWMcartney for the info on the import.. Also thanks for the insight and responses from the others.

Thu May 29, 2003 5:54 pm

The song is from March 30, 1972.
This is the cover of the cd, maby it's making it more easy to find it...

greatings,
Erik van den Berg