Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

I'm Left, You're Right, She's Gone (Takes 1-4)

Wed May 28, 2003 2:23 pm

I'm looking for these takes in MP3 if anyone has them. Thanks,

parkersinchile@mac.com

Scott

Wed May 28, 2003 5:52 pm

Hi Scott!

Are you refering to "I'm Left, You're Right, My Baby's Gone"? Only take 6 is available of "I'm Left, You're Right, She's Gone".

Unfortunately, I do not currently have the "The Complete Sun Sessions" LP transferred to digital format.
You might try tracking them down via WINMX or KAZAA???

Wed May 28, 2003 6:11 pm

There was a cassette version of the Complete Sun Sessions. I bought one on ebay recently for $1.50 that had never been opened. This is a pretty good source for these tracks, no dust or pops like the vinyl. I am not set up at the moment to transfer cassette to vinyl, but you might have a look around to find the cassette.

Greg

Wed May 28, 2003 7:21 pm

These takes are all on the 1997 unofficial CD: 'From The Bottom Of My Heart Vol.2'.

If that's of any help.

Colin B

Wed May 28, 2003 7:43 pm

Hi Colin!

I'm pretty sure those takes were taken directly from "The Complete Sun Sessions" LP.
The "From The Bottom Of My Heart" volumes are rip-offs from other releases.
Apparently, the sound quality isn't very good on this import either.

I would take the cuts from the LP before picking up this import.

Wed May 28, 2003 7:55 pm

Some of those takes (take 9, take 7 and take 12) were also released by RCA on The Sun Sessions CD from 1987.

Sonny

Wed May 28, 2003 8:46 pm

elvis-fan -

I accept your comments on 'From The Bottom Of My Heart - Vol.2'.

The sound isn't that bad, however, and the original poster was looking for these in digital format.

Sonny -

I expect everyone is aware of this, but just for the record:

The takes referred to as '7-13' on the 'Complete Sun Sessions' double album & the 'Sun Sessions' CD were corrected to read: '1-7' on 'Sunrise' [although it didn't include all of them].

Colin B