Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Original versions/artists

Wed May 28, 2003 9:28 am

Does anyone know, if there exists a complete list of the original versions/artists/albums of the songs Elvis recorded? Also including the more rare songs...Personally I am trying to detect the songs and albums and make my own cd including what I think must have been the versions of songs EP heard and got inspired by. For example Frankie Laine: You gave me a Mountain; Olivia Newton-John: If You love Me; Perry Como: And I love You So; Larry Gatlin: Bitter They Are Harder They Fall ... and so on. I know that there already exists a number of cd's with this kind of material, but I think they are more or less repeating "the standards"...

Fri May 30, 2003 8:00 am

If you send me an e-mail at archdeak@btinternet.com I'll send you a list.

Fri May 30, 2003 6:00 pm

There is a CD series called SONGS ELVIS SANG. There are 9 volumes that I know of.
Vol. 9 for example has "Unchained Melody" by Roy Hamilton (original 1955 recording) But not all the tracks on the series are original versions; they do include some post-Elvis versions (such as The Scorpions doing "Rip It Up" and Jessie Colter & Waylon Jennings dueting "Suspicious Minds")