More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

FTD Soundtrack audio

Wed May 28, 2003 7:37 am

The original sound on Girl Happy sounded flat and one dimensional to
me.Even on the double feature release it wasnt up to the standards
of the early 60s releases.Can someone who has this copy tell me if the
sound is improved over the original?

Wed May 28, 2003 8:39 am

It's different. Modern (current 2003) echo/reverb techniques jumped right out at me from the first second. I don't like that. Others might like that.

I can't say it's better or worse. Probably overall better, but it irritates my ears, because I am used to the ORIGINAL LP and the sound mix of that time and I always will be.

"Girl Happy" itself is still speeded up but it is a remix, not the original master.

Wed May 28, 2003 7:54 pm

IMHO the new Girl Happy does not sound better,as Ohnono says,the reverb jumps out at you.

The DF version sounds fuller to me.

Wed May 28, 2003 8:52 pm

Probably just my old ears - but the 'Girl Happy' track sounds even more speeded up on FTD !

Talk about Mickey Mouse !

Colin B

Thu May 29, 2003 5:21 am

ColinB wrote:Probably just my old ears - but the 'Girl Happy' track sounds even more speeded up on FTD !

Talk about Mickey Mouse !

Colin B

Na, It's just that your hearing is slowing down...makes Elvis sound faster. LOL :lol: :oops:

:twisted:

Thu May 29, 2003 2:50 pm

Sam -

You could be right of course.

But wouldn't all Elvis tracks sound faster ?

All music in fact !

Seriously, does anyone think 'Girl Happy' sounds faster on FTD ?

Colin B

Thu May 29, 2003 5:09 pm

Colin,you're not alone on this mate,I think it's because the sound is thinner,which makes it sound faster,the added echo doesn't help either.

Thu May 29, 2003 9:43 pm

I only have "Fun In Acapulco" so far - but the packaging is really nice. The CD itself sounds really, really good. I'm looking foward to the other two albums. Good job Ernst!

Rich