Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
KiwiAlan
Registered for: 21 years

The Price Of FTD's

Post by KiwiAlan »

What is the wholesale cost of FTD's.

That is what do the fan clubs pay?

When you get to the point where you really understand your computer, it's probably obsolete

hisby

costs?

Post by hisby »

i only know that i have to pay about 23 euro for a ftd...with shipment in my own country....true my fanclub

Marcel from holland

sam

Post by sam »

In an interview a while ago Ernst said "They charge the same as BMG charge for regular CDs".

The fan clubs must make a better profit than CD shops.

R.I.P 01-24-08

In memory of everyones favorite Elvis friend: Sam

From the Members of the FECC FORUM
& The FECC Team

Topic author
KiwiAlan

Post by KiwiAlan »

This is the point.

As there is none of the normal recording, distribution, warehousing and promotional costs associated with a normal album than the price should be cheaper :!:

When you get to the point where you really understand your computer, it's probably obsolete

administrator
Site Admin
Registered for: 54 years 3 months

Post by administrator »

You seem to forget a few details. If you don't have a VAT /Tax number you have to obtain them through a third party ( they are taking their cuts too ), then in some cases the shipping overseas add to the cost and a lot of times Customs fees should be added.

Not much left my friend after all is paid.

FECC Team

sam

Post by sam »

That is my thought s as well. I pay close to $50 Aust (disc and postage). When you can pick up new releases in shops for half that.

But don't complain :wink: , I still buy them all.

:?

R.I.P 01-24-08

In memory of everyones favorite Elvis friend: Sam

From the Members of the FECC FORUM
& The FECC Team

elvis-fan

Post by elvis-fan »

Far fewer of the FTD releases are produced than mainstream BMG releases as I understand it.
Would this not have an impact on their price structure?
Also, the fact that the FTD series is targeted to the Elvis "collector" - which again may influence pricing.

Post by Guest »

Im not against the clubs making their profit,I think its safe to say most of us are capitolists here,but the price does seem a bit high.To their credit,
the people who run this board seem very fair about what they charge.
In fact the next one I buy will be from them.What I want to know is
why does Graceland,Paul Dowling and others charge 6.00 and up
for shipping?

Morrissey
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by Morrissey »

I heard the FTD cd's cost $10 wholesale. This of course doesn't factor in the various other costs outlined by the administrator.

I've purchased 6 FTD cd's from FECC and will continue to as they have the best price for me living in the States. Even Elvis-Today, which I'm a member of charges $27 each plus $3 shipping each.

Paul Dowling, Graceland, etc, charge $6 and up for shipping because they use UPS and their pricing starts at $7 i believe. If they would ship with USPS instead it would cost less than $2. UPS Ground also takes longer, which is why I hate getting anything shipped via UPS Ground. Laziness is part of the reason; UPS picks up for free whereas USPS charges $10 for pickup.

ohnono

Post by ohnono »

It's a tricky situation. I can imagine that SOME of the "mainstream" BMG Elvis releases sell only as much, or even less, than the FTD releases. [Best Of Artist Of The Century? Who the heck bought that other than me, to give away?]

I can imagine that the FTDs would sell BETTER at retail than some of the "mainstream" releases. And the FTDs would certainly sell MORE than they do now if available at retail compared to the limited distribuion they have now.

I'd like to see the FTDs in normal distribution, call them "Elvis Collector's Series" or something. It does seem that any retailer or mail order catalog or internet seller CAN get the FTDs if they really want to (if there's an Elvis fan in the buying office) but even they still sell the FTDs at a high price.

On the other hand, the "exclusive" distribution of the FTDs helps keep the "fan clubs" and INTERNET SITES in business and diverts some resources from the bootlegs.

So I don't lose sleep about the situation. The plus and minus roughly equal out IMHO. That can change in time, especially in the EU starting next year, and as the bootlegs continue to fall off.

Ray

Post by Ray »

I pay between $35 - $40 Australian, including airmail postage charged to credit card. I generaly receive my copies within 7 days of 'day of release'.

ronnyg

Post by ronnyg »

Check out the prices on the Jimi Hendrix fan club CDs:

http://www.daggerrecords.com

Perhaps the thinking behind the Elvis FTD discs is that
Elvis' fans are older and can afford to pay more so
they charge more.

Albert

Post by Albert »

I pay abround 22 euros (postage included)... I think that's a nice price for these limited releases... imagine the price of normal CD's in a recordstore (20-23 euro)...

londonflash

Post by londonflash »

I pay £16 and don't have to pay any postage from the Elvis Shop in East Ham, London :wink:

They always arrive 3-4 days after I send them the money. :D :D

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Morrissey

Post by Morrissey »

My local shop stocks almot ALL the FTD cd's. The cheapest are $27 but I felt I should lend my business to FECC instead.

Post by Guest »

I Am saving my money on the box set
you get more songs in the set you can get the one ftd cd.

curtis simpkins