Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

hiding something, Elvis?

Wed May 28, 2003 1:45 am

At the back cover of the new FTD Studio B is great candid of Elvis. But, it looks our guy is hiding something for us. His left arm is helt at least a bit sneaky behind his back. Probably he's hiding one of his cigarello's. There are more pictures of Elvis covering a cigar. I remember a pic of Folow That Dream, he hides the cigar in his safari/sherrif hat. It was after 1967 that he's captured with a smoke on photo. In Stay Away, Joe , The Trouble With Girls and Change Of Habit we see him actually smoke cigars. What the heck, give that man a cigar.

Wed May 28, 2003 7:18 am

Ive read in e few places that Elvis was an occasional cigarette smoker.
Although that is hard to picture,there is at least one photo that
shows him with a cigarette in his mouth.Does anyone have confirmation on this?

Wed May 28, 2003 7:29 am

On one of the sountrack sessions he mentions the noise was from his packet of cigarettes. (when he shook or tapped his leg).

:?

Wed May 28, 2003 7:55 am

I read a quote somewhere where Elvis said he couldn't imagine why any singer would want to smoke (cigarettes).

Wed May 28, 2003 4:37 pm

There are several pictures of Elvis smoking a cigarette whilst signing autographs, in 1965. One of them was on the cover of vinyl boot "Memphis Tennessee" that came out in the early eighties. By the way; I wonder if Elvis smoked cigars every day, and if so how many... There are so many pictures of him with a cigar in his mouth from 67-77... :mrgreen:

Wed May 28, 2003 8:31 pm

I have seen many pictures of him when he smokes

don't blow smoke up my...

Fri May 30, 2003 6:08 am

I don't smoke them like I did a few years ago, but I appreciate a fine cigar. And I'm wondering if Elvis was known to have ever regularly smoked anything other than Hav-A-Tampa Jewels, Viliger Kiels, Rum Crooks and things like that--if he ever got into what they call these days premium cigars. BTW I like Hav-A-Tampas too!

In the Revelations book, Alanna Nash calls Elvis a secret cigarette smoker. It seems like, with the millions of photos taken of Elvis, that more would have turned up of him with a cigarette, even if he was cautious about being photographed smoking them.

Sat May 31, 2003 10:40 am

Elvis loved to smoke a cigaret but it was bad for his voice. In the picture with Nick Adams Elvis is hiding his cigaret under his had because he didn't like fans seeing him smoking, that's bad for his image ???

It's funny in the movie Wild in the country Elvis is playing a smoking young
man. I think about two times Elvis is lighting his cigaret and don't take even one smoke from it. Very funny to see.

greatings,
Erik van den Berg

Sun Jun 01, 2003 3:38 am

Yes Eric. that's my point. He didn't want to see the fans him smoking. But after '67 he didn't care. After all the Wild in the country cigarette is a bit of a Hollywood smoke indeed. It fits in the scene because he's full of emotion, just revealing his problems at home. Did you know that our Queen (Trix) smokes too?

Sun Jun 01, 2003 4:20 am

Elvis smoked 6 packs a day and really died of lung cancer, but it was bad for his image so they led us to believe it was od for the realists and heart arrythmia/God was ready to call him home for the myth believers.

*rolling eyes*

Sun Jun 01, 2003 12:44 pm

Yes I knew That Trix was smoking too, and you never see that, maby bad for here image too :lol:

greatings,
Erik van den Berg