Elvis' Movie Soundtracks

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

What is your favorite Elvis' movie soundtrack?

GI Blues
4%
Blue Hawaii
17%
King Creole
17%
Fun In Acapulco
13%
Roustabout
4%
Jailhouse Rock / Love Me Tender
13%
It Happened At The World's Fair
4%
Girl Happy
9%
Spinout
No votes
Viva Las Vegas
17%

Total votes: 23

Topic author
elvis-fan
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Elvis' Movie Soundtracks

Post by elvis-fan »

With the recent popularity of the three new FTD soundtrack releases (which I have yet to purchase - $$$)
I was just curious to know your favorites with regard to Elvis' movie soundtracks.
I can't put them all on the poll - I tried to hit the highlights.

Topic author
elvis-fan

Post by elvis-fan »

Need more votes!!!

Graceland Gardener

Post by Graceland Gardener »

I choose "GI Blues" I love the songs on there - except Wooden Heart and Blue Suede Shoes remake. But - as for the rest of the material - I think it's a great album. :!: :!: :!:

Why is Love Me Tender / slashed / with Jalihouse Rock? :?: :?: :?:

They are not one-in-the-same. I hate Love Me Tender but I like the JR songs. Can't very well pick one over the other when they're joined as a single option.

:oops: :oops: :oops: --- :oops: --------- :oops: -- :oops: --- :oops: ------ :oops: :oops: :oops:
:oops: --- --- --- :oops: --------- :oops: -- :oops: --- :oops: ------ :oops:
:oops: :oops: :oops: --- :oops: ----------:oops: -- :oops: --- :oops: --------- :oops:
:oops: --- --- --- :oops: ----------:oops: -- :oops: --- :oops: --- ------- :oops:
:oops: :oops: :oops: --- :oops: :oops: :oops: --- :oops::oops: ----- :oops: --- :oops: :oops: :oops:

rockinrebel

Post by rockinrebel »

Graceland Gardener wrote: Why is Love Me Tender / slashed / with Jalihouse Rock?
The material from both films was released together on an excellent CD release back in 1997:

Graceland Gardener

OK. Then poll should read: what's your favorite soundtrack CD

I would gladly vote for Jailhouse Rock soundtrack but I won't pick Love Me Tender soundtrack as "favorite"

Of course that makes sense why BMG joined the 2 together - no one (?) will buy LMT soundtrack cd alone but they will buy the cd mainly for the JR stuff
Last edited by Graceland Gardener on Tue May 27, 2003 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

My favorite soundtrack is viva las vegas
and i hope that ftd but this soundtrack out.

with lot more out takes.

curtis simpkins

see-see-rider

Post by see-see-rider »

Elvis-Fan - Is there a reason you included these soundtracks only?

Artistically Blue Hawaii is my favourite soundtrack, I guess. Fun In Acapulco is a pretty good production, too. So is Viva Las Vegas. BTW does anybody know the reason why it wasn't released on LP but EP only?

Loving You has a great soundtrack either. Personally Girl Happy is a favourite of mine, mainly because it was the first film by Elvis I saw. I also like the more "adult" and sophisticated production of Live A Little, Love A Litte. Although usually not mentioned Double Trouble has some good songs, too. Just my opinion.

Graceland Gardener

Viva Las Vegas is currently in the lead at 23%.

This is interesting.

The original VLV soundtrack extendedplay sold poorly. Miserably. Probably never went gold in Elvis' lifetime.

But people here on this mb think it the best.

How odd.

If VLV maintains the most votes it really makes a commentary about

Elvis Fans Now versus Elvis Fans Then.

They (U.S. consumers 1962-1967) didn't purchase alot of his movie product (and Elvis surely knew this and it probably depressed him) but the new generation of fans - the compact disc generation - do purchase. Elvis ain't alive to even say thanks.

Fans should have purchased millions of copies when it was NEW releases when Elvis was alive. It mattered more then. Not now.
Last edited by Graceland Gardener on Wed May 28, 2003 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

ColinB

Post by ColinB »

Wot - no 'Loving You' ?

Colin B

CD King

Post by CD King »

Where is my favorite Soundtrack - KID GALAHAD? Double Trouble, Roustabout & Girls!Girls!Girls! have some very good songs also.

see-see-rider

Post by see-see-rider »

Kid Galahad wrote:Where is my favorite Soundtrack - KID GALAHAD? Double Trouble, Roustabout & Girls!Girls!Girls! have some very good songs also.
What do you think is so special about Kid Galahad? I like the movie a lot but the soundtrack ...? I don't know ...

Topic author
elvis-fan

Post by elvis-fan »

Sorry folks. Unfortunately the "POSTMASTER" only allows a certain number of poll items per poll - I used them all. I had Loving You and Follow That Dream listed as well but they couldn't fit... Kid Galahad is also another good soundtrack.

To the GG: Sorry I didn't clarify the poll enough for your liking... I'll try and have my Secretary proof-read all future posts.