Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Ftd And The delete series

Tue May 27, 2003 5:58 am

The FTD Team Is Re- Releasing All delete Elvis albums
You think they releasing the all essential series with
more new outtakes on them, and other albums
like all of the candlelight music inc box sets

like the Elvis Presley story this set is one of the best box set ever made by the rca team put out for candlelight music inc .

theres a lot of elvis title’s out there never been released
even our memories of elvis volume 1 and 2, and the
I Was the one

all of these with more track’s
and even elvis greatest hits volume 1.

Curtis Simpkins

Tue May 27, 2003 6:24 am

How can you possibly thing that Candlelite's Elvis Presley Story is one of the all-time best albums. Half of the album was reprocessed stereo!

jeff R

Tue May 27, 2003 5:23 pm

Jeff,
Consider the source.

Tom

Tue May 27, 2003 9:14 pm

FTD have never said that they are going to re-issue every deleted Elvis title. The idea behind the soundtrack re-issues is to make these deleted masters available to the fans, and this makes sense, as for the most part these tracks are now unavailable elsewhere. However, it would make no sense at all to re-issue every deleted album, as this would result in an abundance of duplicated tracks, and this is something that BMG are now trying to avoid. I don’t think there are many fans that would want to hear Elvis’ recordings in reprocessed stereo again either.

Tue May 27, 2003 9:25 pm

No, I'm good Thanks!

Tue May 27, 2003 10:25 pm

But I love 'Reprocessed Stereo' !! [not]

Sounds like a poorly tuned radio !

Should have been called 'Mono-Gone-Bad' !

Colin B

Tue May 27, 2003 10:35 pm

Reprocessed Stereo was one of the greatest of many blunders the recording majors have made. Like quad.

For those who champion surround sound - surely producing six discrete channels from four tracks or less would in fact be just as bad as Reprocessed Stereo.

In other words as that from the 50's was ruined by Reprocessing then it must follow that any thing prior to 1969 would suffer the same fate in surround?

Tue May 27, 2003 10:54 pm

I disagree KIWI. Though I hate to get on yet another rant. Lets just say that certain movies like Maniac and Rocky have benefitted. You don't like it, there is always the original MONO. I personally feel the movies sounds much better. Night Of The Living Dead is another one. The middle frequencies can be matrixed out which takes care of the center. The rears are about locating the original scores and isolating them to the rear. With scary movies this is nice. In the case of Rocky it makes the finish that much better. The .1 is still a problem and there is only so much low that can be redirected. Still it is better than what we had before IMO.

Wed May 28, 2003 6:24 am

I agree with genesim here, the 5.1 suround sounds great. In my opinion it has none of the drawbacks the reprocessed stereo had. It doesn't sound bad that way.

:D