Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

DO YOU THINK FTD SHOULD CHANGE THE TITLE OF THEIR FORTHCOMING RELEASE PRESENTLY TITLED "THE CHINESE DRAGON?"

YES
26%
NO
74%

Total votes : 34

The Chinese Dragon

Sat May 24, 2003 10:00 pm

Hello,

After reading that this is the title of the next FTD, I thought that it was an all-time low for titles for any recording artist, not just Elvis. What is "The Chinese Dragon" anyway. Sounds like the restaurant I ate at 2 weeks ago. Man, and I thought "Dixieland Rocks" and "Dinner At Eight" both sucked as titles. It must be some goofy type of European humor with these titles. And what about the title of the boxset "Close Up." The photo on the box (a 50's live performance shot) has nothing to do with the contents of the boxset. They need to take their time with these things because as of lately these releases seem to be coming out of the oven half-baked. "2nd To None" isn't all that great of a title either but at least it's barely passable in my opinion. But "The Chinese Dragon" is without a doubt a stinker of a title. Why do they feel the need to come up with these absurd titles. It sounds as if they tried borrowing from Tunzi's "Enter The Dragon" book title but didn't want to steal it outright because that would be too obvious. What would be so wrong with just calling it "Notre Dame" or "South Bend '74" or something along those lines. I didn't have a problem with "New Year's Eve," "Elvis At The International," "Spring Tours '77" and "Tucson '76" because that is what they were. I just think Ernst and Roger are trying to hard to come up with titles for these releases sometimes.

Daryl

Sat May 24, 2003 10:10 pm

Love the suit, love the name :D

Sat May 24, 2003 10:20 pm

Hello,

I don't have a problem with the suit either but the fact is that Elvis nor Bill Belew came up with those suit names. I think people like Sean Shaver and the likes came up with those silly suit names.

Daryl

Sat May 24, 2003 10:57 pm

First off I wonder just how long it will be until the predictable "you wouldn't be happy if they gave you a 2 disc set of racquetball court recordings" or "would you prefer it to be like it was in the 80's" responses pop up on this thread.

Anyway, even though the title of the CD isn't among the most important aspects - 'The Chinese Dragon' does not sound like a very good choice of title to me either - infact I almost cringed when I read it the first time.

To incorporate a suit name into a CD title works well only if it is a play on words. Something like 'Enter the Dragon' would have been good, 'Breathing Out Fire' was another good play on words as was 'Eternal Flame'. 'The Chinese Dragon' sounds a bit odd in this context.

Failing a good play on words - better to just stick to something like South Bend 74 - just my opinion.

Sat May 24, 2003 11:03 pm

I could be ugly but its not worth my time.. just two words.......

WHO CARES! :wink:

Sat May 24, 2003 11:06 pm

Kylan wrote:I could be ugly but its not worth my time.. just two words.......

WHO CARES! :wink:

Doesn't usually stop you (winkety wink) ;)

Go for it Kylan - be as ugly as you wanna be - there's not much action on the board today.

Sat May 24, 2003 11:36 pm

Hahahaha I do like that "you wouldnt be happy till you get racquetball recordings" bit! that was good.

Sun May 25, 2003 12:23 am

I find this title sound real cool. I can imagine the artwork and pictures that they might use for the CD.....

Sun May 25, 2003 1:18 am

I don't give a f***. Man, it's just a title for a cd. The important thing is the music.

Sun May 25, 2003 3:14 am

I dunno, man, they gotta call it somethin'. And I don't think every release should have a clinical name like the place and date, either.

Sun May 25, 2003 4:31 am

I don't mind the title. :?

:twisted:

Sun May 25, 2003 4:52 am

carolynlm wrote:I dont mind the title, as long as they dont call the next one "That Awful Blue Suit With No Front And The Puffy Sleeves"....

LOL
I had originally thought they could call this one "Around the S-Bend"
:oops:

8)

Sun May 25, 2003 4:34 pm

carolynlm wrote:I dont mind the title, as long as they dont call the next one "That Awful Blue Suit With No Front And The Puffy Sleeves"....

Ha Ha that's a good one :D

More great CD's could include:

"That two piece white suit (with cape) worn with paisley shirt and international gold belt."

"The man in Blue tapestry also known as the blue sleek suit (volumes 1 - 4) (3 of which will be shows already available ;))"