Elvis vs Taylor

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

K.C.
Registered for: 20 years 8 months

Re: Elvis vs Taylor

Post by K.C. »

Liking or not liking Elvis or Taylor is a different discussion to appreciating chart success in different era's. Both are useless. And looking at Billboard and RIAA, isn't there a guy named Garth Brooks with two handsful of original albums outselling Elvis according to RIAA? :-)

Elvis did what he did, Taylor did what she did ... both with succes. Enjoy them if you like, no need to diss one or the other.

Your daily Elvis News Blog: http://www.ElvisDayByDay.com
Elvis Day By Day Yearbooks available https://www.poplartunes.com/books-store

bronsky
Registered for: 2 years 6 months

Post by bronsky »

So, some of you say they are similar in cultural/musical impact aspect?... I mean artistically, not marketing wise...

Topic author
sweetangeline
Registered for: 15 years

Post by sweetangeline »

I can just imagine if my original post said..."Taylor is King"...I might have been banned for life :wink:

Jaime1234
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Post by Jaime1234 »

I continue to live rent free in the minds of the same people. I love it because they are so few. This thread is entitled "Elvis vs Taylor" not "Billboard charts; Elvis vs Taylor " so until the member of our forum who first drafted the text of the thread' makes a correction, then I dont see why anyone else would mind the other variables are applied, like television.

So, may I kindly ask the member of our board who posted this thread to CHANGE its subject matter so that when read, it focus entirely on the Billboard chart performance of these two artists?

emjel
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Re: Elvis vs Taylor - current Chart Stats/info

Post by emjel »

sweetangeline wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 1:25 am
I can just imagine if my original post said..."Taylor is King"...I might have been banned for life :wink:
But of course - and with a comment like that, the gender recognition thing would have kicked off too….big style :wink:
Last edited by emjel on Thu May 02, 2024 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

~
Living is easy with eyes closed...misunderstanding all you see...

emjel
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Re: Elvis vs Taylor - Current Chart Stats for Taylor

Post by emjel »

Jaime1234 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 1:54 am
I continue to live rent free in the minds of the same people. I love it because they are so few. This thread is entitled "Elvis vs Taylor" not "Billboard charts; Elvis vs Taylor " so until the member of our forum who first drafted the text of the thread' makes a correction, then I dont see why anyone else would mind the other variables are applied, like television.

So, may I kindly ask the member of our board who posted this thread to CHANGE its subject matter so that when read, it focus entirely on the Billboard chart performance of these two artists?
You need to read the actual opening post of a new thread to understand what the thread is going to be about and that’s what most normal people do. It’s not difficult, but here’s a reminder to help you. And there is even a link to the Billboard CHARTS.

"1956 probably was his biggest year sales / chart wise but I have to admit that this is incredible;

Billboard Hot 100

https://www.billboard.com/charts/hot-100/

that has to be a record...good for her"
:D

I have amended the thread title in my reply but cannot change the main thread title.

But you created a thread with a title "Re: Mark Knopfler calls it like it is" which is simply just vague, so to get an understanding of what you are writing about, the reader has to read your opening comments which offers absolutely nothing apart from the reader having to click on a link to open up an article, which itself makes no real reference to "Mark Knopfler calling it like it is" and appears to spend more time in discussing the virtues of Bob Dylan than it does Elvis.

~
Living is easy with eyes closed...misunderstanding all you see...

Topic author
sweetangeline
Registered for: 15 years

Post by sweetangeline »

I think I will just leave it alone and let it die a slow death :wink:

Jaime1234
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Post by Jaime1234 »

sweetangeline wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 3:10 am
I think I will just leave it alone and let it die a slow death :wink:
I totally agree with everyone who has posted in this marvellous thread, except for the ones who have made the person who post it commit, as seen above, that it would be wise to just let it have a slow death, adding a wink too.