Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
R2-D2
Registered for: 21 years

Elvis on Talking Pictures TV

Post by R2-D2 »

Talking Pictures TV say they are screening special Elvis footage on their Footage Detectives show next Sunday 5th May. Wonder what it could be?

pmp
Registered for: 5 years

Re: Elvis on Talking Pictures TV

Post by pmp »

R2-D2 wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:54 pm
Talking Pictures TV say they are screening special Elvis footage on their Footage Detectives show next Sunday 5th May. Wonder what it could be?
The website says they go behind the gates of Graceland with a young Elvis.

Accused of being "a nerd in his 20s." I wish.

drjohncarpenter
Registered for: 21 years

Post by drjohncarpenter »

R2-D2 wrote:

Never heard of this overseas program, but I went to the website and found a promo for the Sunday evening episode. I'll wager "a very young Elvis" means film from when he was at Graceland in 1957, at the age of 22. I also suspect maybe it's home movie footage we know about, like him shirtless, operating a tractor, or entering or exiting the property in a vehicle. Do let us know . . .

'
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

Lee Wood
Registered for: 2 years 6 months

Post by Lee Wood »

pmp wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:22 pm
R2-D2 wrote:
The website says they go behind the gates of Graceland with a young Elvis.
and elsewhere.

They said the reels were supplied by Todd Slaughter. There was nothing we haven't seen, but I'm not entirely sure he had the rights to all of it, and it wasn't just a young Elvis either.

Some of it is on commercially available tapes, some fan footage, some off set footage, some from the June Juanico video, some on stage, some other stuff which we've seen hundreds of times before. It's not worth detailing as there was nothing new at all.

File under "forget it",