Bill Burk’s accuracy and Cilla dating Schilling?

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Jokerlola
Registered for: 13 years 6 months

Bill Burk’s accuracy and Cilla dating Schilling?

Post by Jokerlola »

So a video came up in my YouTube algorithm by the “Tenderly Loving Elvis” channel. One of those channels that is obsessed with hating Priscilla. They seem to equally hate Jerry Schilling based on his closeness to Priscilla. They were discussing a column by Bill Burk a few years after Elvis died, that stated that Jerry and Priscilla were dating.
He says that Schilling was Elvis’ former road manager. I’ve always thought of Burk as being a fairly reliable reporter and am surprised he would have got this wrong. Also, I’ve never heard any stories or gossip of Schilling and Cilla dating in the few years after Elvis died. (Not that there would be anything wrong with that.)

The year of this column wasn’t stated but in it Burk also mentions Sonny West Producing a movie with his wife in a starring roll (a non Elvis movie).

The discussion of this on this YouTube channel led to speculation by the host and listeners in the comments that Jerry and Cilla had an affair when Elvis and her were married and possibly before. There’s a lot of “Poor Elvis” comments about how terrible that his good friend was cheating with Priscilla behind his back.
Last edited by Jokerlola on Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jurasic1968
Registered for: 11 years 8 months

Re: Bill Burk’s accuracy and Cilla dating Schilling?

Post by jurasic1968 »

Very sad.

drjohncarpenter
Registered for: 21 years

Post by drjohncarpenter »

Jokerlola wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:52 pm
So a video came up in my YouTube algorithm by the “Tenderly Loving Elvis” channel. One of those channels that is obsessed with hating Priscilla. They seem to equally hate Jerry Schilling based on his closeness to Priscilla. They were discussing a column by Bill Burk a few years after Elvis died, that stated that Jerry and Priscilla were dating.
He says that Schilling was Elvis’ former road manager. I’ve always thought of Burk as being a fairly reliable reporter and am surprised he would have got this wrong. Also, I’ve never heard any stories or gossip of Schilling and Cilla dating in the few years after Elvis died. (Not that there would be anything wrong with that.)

The year of this column wasn’t stated but in it Burk also mentions Sonny West Producing a movie with his wife in a starring roll (a non Elvis movie).

The discussion of this on this YouTube channel led to speculation by the host and listeners in the comments that Jerry and Cilla had an affair when Elvis and her were married and possibly before. There’s a lot of “Poor Elvis” comments about how terrible that his good friend was cheating with Priscilla behind his back.

Not mentioned in either one of their books. Far more likely they were just hanging out as friends. Men and women actually do that, but such stories do not sell newspapers. Also, Jerry was either dating or married to singer Myrna Smith at this point.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

YDKM
Registered for: 21 years

Post by YDKM »

Yeah that story would have just as much credit as the story that after Tom Jones wife died he and Pricilla were seen together..... I have women friends I am seen out with too, but we are just friends same as J.Schilling + Tom Jones story's.

Bruce Jackson Born June 3rd 1949- Died January 29th 2011 Elvis's Sound Engineer from 1971-1977.
You Don't Know Me!

steve in sc4
Registered for: 5 months

Post by steve in sc4 »

According to Billy Crystal in the movie “When Harry Met Sally” men and women cannot be friends. The sex thing is always there, lol. One of my favorite movies.

Topic author
Jokerlola
Registered for: 13 years 6 months

Post by Jokerlola »

The one thing I found surprising is that the article by Bill Burk says that Jerry was Elvis’ former road manager. I’m surprised that Burk would have gotten that wrong.