Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Markus K.
Registered for: 9 years 2 months

Graceland Magazine #276, March/April 2024 out now

Post by Markus K. »

Today I received the latest issue of the German Elvis fan magazine "Graceland" (No 276) for March/April 2024.

IMG_4190.jpg
IMG_4191.jpg

It focuses on "Girl Happy" as Elvis' 17th movie and dedicates 18 full colour pages brimming with information and pictures to it.
As to me this is one of my favorite Elvis comedic movies and one I've seen quite a number of times this was great.

What mostly surprised me though with this latest issue was that the magazine features news on the recent MRS rip-off "On fire in Toledo".
Has it been known for longer now that Pirzada was about to screw people over again for material that was not his?
How else could the fanzine already have news on the release in print at this point?
For my part I only learned about this when it was reported on this forum.

IMG_4193.jpg
Then there is also a small report on an upcoming re-release of SUN 209 as liquid vinyl this summer. Up to this point I didn't even know that that was a thing...According to the article the 78rpm record will most likely be priced at around 200 Euros and be limited to 100 copies.
It doesn't say though who will release this and if this is an official product or some "private" release.

IMG_4192.jpg
To my liking the "Graceland" magazines recently focused way too much on the Pirzada releases which I found a bit disturbing to say the least.
Still there were some intersting issues of "Graceland" with good pictures in often amazingly high quality and the information is usually good enough - especially for the broad array of people who would read such a magazine that would probably range from "casual casuals" to "hardcore" fans.

All in all I'd say it is still a nice addition to have in your collection - if you understand German. Not sure if its of value for people not fluent in this language though.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sweetangeline
Registered for: 15 years

Re: Graceland Magazine #276, March/April 2024 out now

Post by sweetangeline »

Markus K. wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:50 pm
Then there is also a small report on an upcoming re-release of SUN 209 as liquid vinyl this summer. Up to this point I didn't even know that that was a thing...According to the article the 78rpm record will most likely be priced at around 200 Euros and be limited to 100 copies.
It doesn't say though who will release this and if this is an official product or some "private" release.
maybe I am to old school but what is that?? :wink:

Topic author
Markus K.
Registered for: 9 years 2 months

Post by Markus K. »

sweetangeline wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:08 pm
Markus K. wrote:
The text says that it is a transparent record that is filled with two liquids that don't mix with each other so the record changes its look with every movement. It was the first time to read about something like that as well that's why I decided to include the picture of the disc.

I found an interview with a man named Curtis Godino who is seemingly someone who made himself a name with these kind of records.
You might like to check this out. I've also seen that some of these records go for insane prices on marketplaces like discogs.
If anyone is interested in the SUN 209 in this format I can only advise you to act quick (and tell me where to order one).

https://www.verticalgrooves.com/blogs/posts/interview-with-curtis-godino

sweetangeline
Registered for: 15 years

Post by sweetangeline »

Markus K. wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:08 pm
sweetangeline wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:08 pm
Markus K. wrote:
The text says that it is a transparent record that is filled with two liquids that don't mix with each other so the record changes its look with every movement. It was the first time to read about something like that as well that's why I decided to include the picture of the disc.

I found an interview with a man named Curtis Godino who is seemingly someone who made himself a name with these kind of records.
You might like to check this out. I've also seen that some of these records go for insane prices on marketplaces like discogs.
If anyone is interested in the SUN 209 in this format I can only advise you to act quick (and tell me where to order one).

https://www.verticalgrooves.com/blogs/posts/interview-with-curtis-godino
thanks for the info...interesting for sure :D