UNPUBLISHED LIVE RECORDING: Elvis Presley concert in Toledo, OH - November 22, 1956

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Greg1995
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

UNPUBLISHED LIVE RECORDING: Elvis Presley concert in Toledo, OH - November 22, 1956

Post by Greg1995 »

Enjoy the totally unpublished, first live 50s recording unearthed in more than a decade!

paulsweeney
Registered for: 19 years 7 months

Re: UNPUBLISHED LIVE RECORDING: Elvis Presley concert in Toledo, OH - November 22, 1956

Post by paulsweeney »

Greg1995 wrote:Enjoy the totally unpublished, first live 50s recording unearthed in more than a decade!

Fantastic Greg. Many thanks sharing this with us all. It is truly appreciated!

drjohncarpenter
Registered for: 21 years

Re: UNPUBLISHED LIVE RECORDING: Elvis Presley concert in Toledo, OH - November 22, 1956

Post by drjohncarpenter »

Again, some of this "UNPUBLISHED LIVE RECORDING" has been online since at least 2019:

https://soundcloud.com/user-674387683/wowo-90th-special-part-3-1954?si=2910be247f3d48e4b629bc78c62d80c9&

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

paulsweeney
Registered for: 19 years 7 months

Post by paulsweeney »

drjohncarpenter wrote:Again, some of this "UNPUBLISHED LIVE RECORDING" has been online since at least 2019:

https://soundcloud.com/user-674387683/wowo-90th-special-part-3-1954?si=2910be247f3d48e4b629bc78c62d80c9&
Yes. I listened to it. It’s a very short amount.

drjohncarpenter

paulsweeney wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:36 am
drjohncarpenter wrote:Again, some of this "UNPUBLISHED LIVE RECORDING" has been online since at least 2019:

Yes. I listened to it. It’s a very short amount.

:70 seconds.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

Topic author
Greg1995

Post by Greg1995 »

Me and Keith were originally hoping that we get to release our discovery first. For me, it was one of my biggest dreams to take care of my first proper release with unreleased audio content, take care of design, write the liner notes and do the whole booklet etc.

I'd already collected a good amount of rare photographs from the concert and memorabilia to include in the release. Despite me, navigating the whole process to find the right producer, having all the talks and video calls, having someone to restore the audio etc (btw being in psychiatric ward during my group therapy treatment due to childhood generational trauma, and during Keith's recovery from his medical operation) we were out-smarted or either taken advantage of by somebody else.

Of course, we were also hoping for the financial aspect of the release, of bringing the new recording to the light, due to our hard time in life.

That's just for context. Please do not treat this as a life financial support, only as a "thanks" for our discovery.

If any of members here or in the Elvis world would somehow like to thank me and Keith for original research leading to acquiring this unpublished tape and/or for my previous discoveries published and also give me and Keith's motivation for future research and hopefully more discoveries, we would be very glad and thankful for your reward.

So if you'd like to thank me and Keith with any amount of money our mutual PayPal e-mail address shared for this purpose is the following:

grzesiekboro@poczta.onet.pl

Thank you for any reward!

Dan_T
Registered for: 14 years 11 months

Post by Dan_T »

Incredible upload ! Thank you both !

Union Ave
Registered for: 2 years 10 months

Post by Union Ave »

Greg1995 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:10 pm
Me and Keith were originally hoping that we get to release our discovery first. For me, it was one of my biggest dreams to take care of my first proper release with unreleased audio content, take care of design, write the liner notes and do the whole booklet etc.

I'd already collected a good amount of rare photographs from the concert and memorabilia to include in the release. Despite me, navigating the whole process to find the right producer, having all the talks and video calls, having someone to restore the audio etc (btw being in psychiatric ward during my group therapy treatment due to childhood generational trauma, and during Keith's recovery from his medical operation) we were out-smarted or either taken advantage of by somebody else.

Of course, we were also hoping for the financial aspect of the release, of bringing the new recording to the light, due to our hard time in life.

That's just for context. Please do not treat this as a life financial support, only as a "thanks" for our discovery.

If any of members here or in the Elvis world would somehow like to thank me and Keith for original research leading to acquiring this unpublished tape and/or for my previous discoveries published and also give me and Keith's motivation for future research and hopefully more discoveries, we would be very glad and thankful for your reward.

So if you'd like to thank me and Keith with any amount of money our mutual PayPal e-mail address shared for this purpose is the following:

Sounds like you both got shafted by Pizza Boy. I'm not surprised.

Topic author
Greg1995

Post by Greg1995 »

Union Ave wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:48 pm
Greg1995 wrote:

MRS was never my first choice due to the legal matters. But because of problem of having an actual agreement with other labels, I decided to give it a shot and contacted Pirzada just a few days ago, because I wanted it badly to be published to the fans as soon as possible on a fashionable release.

Pirzada wrote that he is interested and to not listen to the minority of the fan circle about legal matters of his releases and that MRS is the only label that can 10k copies of one Elvis product, next to SONY.

He wrote that he'd been going to Thailand and he'd write me when come back and we talk.

And this new MRS release announcement happened out of nowhere yesterday...

So either, he was playing dumb all along or he somehow got the recording in the meantime by himself.

Either way, it's horrible feeling for me and Keith also, and I know I won't be ever talking to him again.

So I decided by Keith's suggestion to upload the whole recording on my YT channel to at least have a credit of bringing it first to the public and maybe take away from MRS release sells.

Union Ave

Post by Union Ave »

Yes, that's pretty much par for course for Pizza Boy. And then at some point he will start sending you insane mails threatening to kill your cat or rape your children.

And some here still defend him for some reason. Sad.

merry77

Post by merry77 »

Greg and Keith, Thank you for this recording. It was new to me and I enjoyed it. Too bad there's a guy constantly telling what Elvis is doing. Lol.
It does give a sort of visual description which is cool as we don't have video of it. Too bad no new songs. That would have been fantastic. But thank you for the work finding this recording.

Joined this board exactly 30 years after Elvis show in Phoenix, Arizona to celebrate this wonderful fact.

drjohncarpenter

Union Ave wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:18 pm
Yes, that's pretty much par for course for Pizza Boy. And then at some point he will start sending you insane mails threatening to kill your cat or rape your children.

The cadre of defenders of the shady grey market label are relentless. It's mind-boggling.

No post is too small to attack, it seems.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

Troubleman
Registered for: 8 years 9 months

Post by Troubleman »

Thanks Greg and Keith for this new recording. Any new live recording from the 50s is welcome.

Troubleman

Lee Wood
Registered for: 2 years 6 months

Post by Lee Wood »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:54 am
Union Ave wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:18 pm

The cadre of defenders of the shady grey market label are relentless. It's mind-boggling.

No post is too small to attack, it seems.
I generally defend MRS in what they do, but not in the release of this one. I don't like what he's done here, I don't like the way he's gone about it.

emjel
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by emjel »

Union Ave wrote:
Greg1995 wrote:

No it’s what’s called being savvy and having good business sense which appears to be lacking here. If you want to have full control over your aspirations to do something, in this case, release the music personally, you don’t give it out to various people. Further, the recordings were in Public Domain so no individual person or company can own them. And once recordings fall into public domain, they cannot be copyright retrospectively. You really do need to wake up to this instead of continually pointing the finger.

~
Living is easy with eyes closed...misunderstanding all you see...

bronsky
Registered for: 2 years 6 months

Post by bronsky »

emjel wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:20 pm
Union Ave wrote:
Greg1995 wrote:

No it’s what’s called being savvy and having good business sense which appears to be lacking here. If you want to have full control over your aspirations to do something, in this case, release the music personally, you don’t give it out to various people. Further, the recordings were in Public Domain so no individual person or company can own them. And once recordings fall into public domain, they cannot be copyright retrospectively. You really do need to wake up to this instead of continually pointing the finger.
I think a "Thank you!" would have been enough instead of your too long comment...

Union Ave

Post by Union Ave »

@ emjel

Oh, right, victim blaming/shaming... cute. Are you actually reading how they were tricked and misled by Pizza Boy?

It's called scumbaggery, and not astute business practice as you suggest.

But at least he still has his own Forum Charlie Hodge here to defend his latest dubious actions.

emjel

Post by emjel »

bronsky wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:17 pm
emjel wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:20 pm
Union Ave wrote:
Greg1995 wrote:

I think a "Thank you!" would have been enough instead of your too long comment...
A thank you for what, and why would I thank the member for their "shafted’ comment. This member clearly has an agenda against MRS without considering all the reality and facts, hence my reply to him or her.
Last edited by emjel on Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

~

emjel

Post by emjel »

Union Ave wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:19 pm
@ emjel

Oh, right, victim blaming/shaming... cute. Are you actually reading how they were tricked and misled by Pizza Boy?

It's called scumbaggery, and not astute business practice as you suggest.

But at least he still has his own Forum Charlie Hodge here to defend his latest dubious actions.
If you make a mistake, why blame others. Where does it say that they were actually misled by anyone. The OP says he thinks they were outsmarted or even taken advantage of, which means he is unsure. There is nothing that shows exactly how they were outsmarted. The fact remains that these recordings were in the Public Domain so if you start handing them out to Tom, Dick or Harry, or whoever, then there is every chance that someone will do something with them and release them.
If you want to keep complete control, then don’t do that. It really ain’t rocket science and it’s not any different to someone recording one of Elvis; shows and then gives a copy to someone else who then sells it to a bootlegger who then puts out a release. And then years later, someone else will get hold of the recording and attempt to make a better version of it and release another version. It’s strange that we don’t see any finger pointing at these bootleg labels though.

~

Union Ave

Post by Union Ave »

It’s about having a moral compass. We know that Pizza Boy has none, and by the sound of it, neither do you. Read again the story of how Pizza Boy promised to contact them again after a trip to Thailand, and that suddenly they were confronted with the reality of this release. They’d been had.

They had used months on locating the recording, and suddenly some weasel runs away with the prize (realistic estimate: an income of €40.000)…. How can you defend behavior like this, emjel? Even your forum mate Lee Wood is showing his reservations about this release, so what’s stopping you? Can’t you think for yourself and are you only parroting what Pizza Boy is feeding you? How spineless.

drjohncarpenter

Union Ave wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:42 pm
It’s about having a moral compass. We know that Pizza Boy has none, and by the sound of it, neither do you. Read again the story of how Pizza Boy promised to contact them again after a trip to Thailand, and that suddenly they were confronted with the reality of this release. They’d been had.

They had used months on locating the recording, and suddenly some weasel runs away with the prize (realistic estimate: an income of €40.000)…. How can you defend behavior like this, emjel? Even your forum mate Lee Wood is showing his reservations about this release, so what’s stopping you? Can’t you think for yourself and are you only parroting what Pizza Boy is feeding you? How spineless.

Indeed.

The dude has always operated this way. Steal the audio, press the product, laugh at the fools.

Perhaps the freebies are more important than having a moral compass.

:D

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

emjel

Post by emjel »

Union Ave wrote:

Unlike you, I’m trying to keep an open mind here because there are two sides to a story and at the moment, we are seeing just one and some things are not quite up for me.

A few days ago, we were told that It was Greg1995 who obtained the recording first. He then went on to say that "others" got copies from him and that he shared it with bunch of close colleagues, including Ernst. He then goes on to say that he was happy for the fans because they would get to hear and enjoy unpublished material from the 50s, which in itself is great.

Later in response to your usual accusation against the MRS label for stealing recordings again, the OP said that If they (MRS) got the recording themselves, it's not theft. That suggests to me that Greg1995 has no real idea how they got hold of a copy of the recording, and if that is the case, then it was not from him. Someone else also made a comment that they think a radio station aired the recording back in 2017 but later we were informed that it was broadcast one year earlier. Then we are told it was also broadcast in 2019. So how many people in the course of three years actually had their hands on copies of these recordings?

Greg1995 told us that MRS was never the first choice due to the legal matters, whatever they were or are, but because of problems of having an actual agreement with other labels, it was decided to give it a shot and that contact was made with Pirzada "just a few days ago", because the OP wanted it badly to be published to the fans as soon as possible on a fashionable release.

Pirzada apparently wrote that he was interested and that MRS was the only label that can shift 10k copies of one Elvis product, next to SONY. He wrote to the OP that he'd be going to Thailand and that he would write when he came back and that they would talk.

Then we are told by the OP that "somehow", Pirzada got hold of the recording.

As I wrote at the outset, I’m trying to keep an open mind here because so far, we have not been privy to everything that happened and whether there were any actual agreements in place.

The OP wrote that he contacted Pirzada "a few days ago". What exactly does that mean? Was that a telephone call or an actual meeting. What was actually discussed and if it was a meeting, was the tape played. It certainly seems strange that within a few days of making contact, Pirzada has managed to put out a brand new release on various digital platforms and manufacture CD’s and vinyl and got sleeves printed up within days and whilst he was travelling to Thailand. Further, when the OP states that "somehow" Pirzada got hold of the recording, that implies he did not give it to Pirzada so the thing we do not know for certain is how and who he got it from because if the OP is unsure how Pirzada got hold of the recording, then that infers it was not from Greg1995. We do not even know if Pirzada had a copy of the tape for some time and obtained it from another source but have to assume that is the case. So lots of things which are not exactly crystal clear.

Now if the actual story goes along the lines that Greg1995 gave Pirzada a copy of the tape with a firm request and a firm agreement that they would discuss how a deal could be done and finalised upon the return from Thailand and upon any agreement that Pirzada would then release the recordings, but then Pirzada went back on that agreement, then I certainly would not condone those kind of business tactics.

But here is another consideration. If such a thing happened and that story got out about underhanded tactics, would Pirzada want to risk the kind of backlash from Elvis fans who would undoubtedly boycott this niche release, and a couple of comments above have suggested they are doing just that, and other future release too.

~

emjel

Post by emjel »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:00 pm
Union Ave wrote:

Indeed.

The dude has always operated this way. Steal the audio, press the product, laugh at the fools.

So who exactly are the fools to whom you refer. - those who are not interested in prosecuting this person if his activities are illegal or those who had the opportunity to do something by way of a release but sat on the fence completely undecided and missed the opportunity.

Oh and here’s a News flash - you cannot steal something unless you are depriving the owner of the item so they can no longer use it themselves and by the sounds of it, copies of this Public Domain recording was given to lots of people. And with it being in Public Domain, it is impossible to steal it unless it’s from every person who has a copy and that is extremely unlikely. So it looks like you are still struggling with the Comprehension thing. :wink:

~

Union Ave

Post by Union Ave »

In as much as you are calling me an MRS basher, you are an MRS apologist. But use your common sense for once. You can easily pick up on the sense of disillusion in both guys, because someone else is now taking the credit for their remarkable work. And reaping the benefits. They probably don’t want to create too much of a storm, probably because they are aware of the bizarre ways that Pizza Boy usually reacts when he gets accused of something. Some of the Elvis dealers know about and have indeed seen some of the horrible mails that he has sent to the likes of Jorgensen. It’s ugly stuff. I’m sure that they don’t want to be the recipients of Pizza Boys’ anger.

But as the old saying goes… If it looks / sounds / smells like it… I think we all know what is happening here. Just read between the lines. And those of us who are aware of Pizza Boy’s track record are not surprised in the slightest. Once a pig, always a pig.
Thanks Keith and Greg for your outstanding research. You are a credit to the Elvis world. It’s a sad state of affairs that this sleazebag is taking advantage of your work, and is reaping the benefits. No matter which way you slice it, it just ain’t right.

drjohncarpenter

emjel wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:28 pm
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:00 pm
Indeed.

So who exactly are the fools to whom you refer.

:smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.