Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
strutmut
Registered for: 12 years 3 months

I’m leavin’ (AI multitrack session)

Post by strutmut »

When I was like 18 or 19, almost 22 years ago, I dreamed of mixing any kind of Elvis song. Or at least listening to the different channels and instruments and our hero.

These days things are getting crazy. I’ve seperates the stems with AI, loaded it in my Logic Pro studio setup and started playing with it.

I tried to select some different mixes and muted some channels now and then. Gives me a feeling like being at the desk in 1971 while Elvis and the band are recording.

Any requests? I might make another one with the audio directly from my board instead of filming it like this.
https://youtu.be/HDjy8FjYBQk?si=w7qX2_FZluN-sh3d

Paul
Registered for: 21 years

Re: I’m leavin’ (AI multitrack session)

Post by Paul »

strutmut wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:08 am
When I was like 18 or 19, almost 22 years ago, I dreamed of mixing any kind of Elvis song. Or at least listening to the different channels and instruments and our hero.

These days things are getting crazy. I’ve seperates the stems with AI, loaded it in my Logic Pro studio setup and started playing with it.

I tried to select some different mixes and muted some channels now and then. Gives me a feeling like being at the desk in 1971 while Elvis and the band are recording.

Any requests? I might make another one with the audio directly from my board instead of filming it like this.
What sotware did you use to seperate the tracks?

AndyDumas
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by AndyDumas »

Very interesting! Can anything be done with Audience recordings such as 'Rockin' New Years'?

AndrewJ
Registered for: 21 years

Post by AndrewJ »

Great work - sounds really interesting with the different mixes. Be great to hear Burning Love stripped down if you have the time

skabillyrebels
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by skabillyrebels »

I really like your setup.

LSP-4445
Registered for: 11 years 1 month

Post by LSP-4445 »

I really wish I knew how to mix or change certains things in a track like the topic starter seems to do.

Walter Hale 4
Registered for: 18 years 1 month

Post by Walter Hale 4 »

strutmut wrote:

Good stuff. Can anything be done with mono soundboards such as Vegas, Opening night 1974-19-8 ?

Can you also mix and fix up the flat-sounding audio on "Easy Come Easy Go" and "Frankie and Johnny" soundtracks?

In other words , the sound mix, guitar playing on "Easy Come Easy Go" and "You Gotta Stop" should be more decisive, like panned to one channel, methinks :D

Walter Hale 4

Post by Walter Hale 4 »

Can you do "What Now My Love" both 12 and 14 January 1973 but leave out JD Sumner's vocals at the end of the songs and you'll be a FECC Legend :smt023 Because Sumner should have stayed silent at the crescendo.

minkahed
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by minkahed »

Walter Hale 4 wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:47 am
Can you do "What Now My Love" both 12 and 14 January 1973 but leave out JD Sumner's vocals at the end of the songs and you'll be a FECC Legend :smt023 Because Sumner should have stayed silent at the crescendo.
Why don’t you set up a contract with the man so you can go ahead and pay him for his time? 😂

Any other requests?

I don't care what Ed Van Halen says about me--all's I know is that Howard Stern and Mr. Rogers like me just the way I friendly am! - David Lee Roth

Walter Hale 4

Post by Walter Hale 4 »

minkahed wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:00 am
Walter Hale 4 wrote:
Why don’t you set up a contract with the man so you can go ahead and pay him for his time? 😂

Any other requests?
Yes i do, but not Elvis ones :D

How about you, my friend, any Elvis concerts or Studio records that should be looked at? You haven't mentioned one as yet.

Walter Hale 4

Post by Walter Hale 4 »

strutmut wrote:

Matey, can i just add, from all of us, all the very best with your endeavours and please keep us up to date with your AI productions ::rocks

Walter Hale 4

Post by Walter Hale 4 »

Hey, there is another one that comes to mind. Can AI fix up Elvis' echoey vocal on "Smokey Mountain Boy" and make it sharper? Bring it on :smt023

Walter Hale 4

Post by Walter Hale 4 »

Say, what about those so-called "Booth" stereo audience recordings of Aug. 1973 ?
I recall one of the concerts was featured on PROFILES Volume 1 box set in 1995.

But how many more "Booth" recorded concerts has surfaced since then?

More to the point, Can AI software equipment work wonders in creating a new mix with additional stereo-separation?

Robert
Registered for: 19 years 9 months

Post by Robert »

strutmut wrote:

Impressive! This AI software trick probably only works on multi track sourced audio so I would like to throw Elvis in concert in the hat. Nice one to play around with..

minkahed
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by minkahed »

You can actually hear how in certain places how weak Elvis’ voice sounds. Still, it’s a great tune.

It’s Worth Working On…. 😊

I don't care what Ed Van Halen says about me--all's I know is that Howard Stern and Mr. Rogers like me just the way I friendly am! - David Lee Roth

LesterB
Registered for: 18 years

Post by LesterB »

Amazing technology

JUST FOR TODAY

Topic author
strutmut

Post by strutmut »

Robert wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:24 am
strutmut wrote:

Impressive! This AI software trick probably only works on multi track sourced audio so I would like to throw Elvis in concert in the hat. Nice one to play around with..
No it doesn't :) I can extract from single channel sources etc. I'm trying out some soundboards at this time. It works better if the source is from a good quality one.

Topic author
strutmut

Post by strutmut »

Walter Hale 4 wrote:
Is that the AAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW thing you're talking about?

Topic author
strutmut

Post by strutmut »

AndyDumas wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:19 pm
Very interesting! Can anything be done with Audience recordings such as 'Rockin' New Years'?
I tried this one. For example big boss man... I can extract Elvis' vocals, the piano and drums. But the bass guitar is recorded to low for extraction.

Topic author
strutmut

Post by strutmut »

skabillyrebels wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:43 pm
I really like your setup.
Thank you! You only see the digital part of my setup. I have a 48 channel mixing desk, outboard gear, patch bays and a lot of guitars etc in my home studio above my garage. Just a hobby of mine :)

Topic author
strutmut

Post by strutmut »

AndrewJ wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:33 pm
Great work - sounds really interesting with the different mixes. Be great to hear Burning Love stripped down if you have the time
Yes I can and I have made a pre-mix. Will post it later today :)

Walter Hale 4

Post by Walter Hale 4 »

strutmut wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:45 am
Walter Hale 4 wrote:
Is that the AAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW thing you're talking about?
Indeed it is. Seems inappropriate and out of kilter that he joins in at the point, where Elvis and the rest of the back-up singers are reaching for and hitting the high note.

Topic author
strutmut

Post by strutmut »

Walter Hale 4 wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:23 am
strutmut wrote:

Good stuff. Can anything be done with mono soundboards such as Vegas, Opening night 1974-19-8 ?

Can you also mix and fix up the flat-sounding audio on "Easy Come Easy Go" and "Frankie and Johnny" soundtracks?

In other words , the sound mix, guitar playing on "Easy Come Easy Go" and "You Gotta Stop" should be more decisive, like panned to one channel, methinks :D
Work in process https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mxd1XzvNihk

Topic author
strutmut

Post by strutmut »

AndrewJ wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:33 pm
I'm not in my studio at this time but this is what I can do. I will post a stripped down mix asap.

P.s it's my dog drinking water on the background :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vb0bFDGF4xc

Topic author
strutmut

Post by strutmut »

LesterB wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:29 am
Amazing technology
It is!

This one is good example how good the software works... You will need some good hardware and a studio to mix it properly. I will post some good quality mixes asap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVk6vzqmSiY