New FTD: Stateline Sahara 1974

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

sweetangeline
Registered for: 15 years

Re: New FTD: Stateline Sahara 1974

Post by sweetangeline »

assuming BH CD`s are exactly the same as the previous FTD box??

joekro1977
Registered for: 10 years 11 months

Post by joekro1977 »

Do we have audio samples for this one yet?

It's 800 miles from my house to Graceland, but I'm always up for making the trip!

vinelvis
Registered for: 10 years 1 month

Post by vinelvis »

On Tape 1972 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:24 pm
a new place to dwell.jpeg
Looks beautiful. Enjoy!

On Tape 1972
Registered for: 1 year 11 months

Post by On Tape 1972 »

sweetangeline wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:28 pm
assuming BH CD`s are exactly the same as the previous FTD box??
Yes, the contents are exactly the same. Even down to the technicalities.

On Tape 1972

Post by On Tape 1972 »

joekro1977 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:51 pm
Stateline Sahara Sampler (Show 1, 2 & 3).zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JohanD
Registered for: 21 years

Post by JohanD »

So far i listened to the third show on the Stateline FTD, it's a very good one.
Elvis in great spirits ( Asking to Joe Guercio where Al Tronti, the usual conductor for the orchestra is, funny moment) and probably imo one of the most beautiful live versions of "I'm leavin'.

JohanD

LSP-4445
Registered for: 11 years 1 month

Post by LSP-4445 »

Played some of the content and I think I heard some dialogue used on the Having Fun On Stage release.
I havent heard that talking album in a loooong time but at one point Elvis replies to the
audience with a long «whaaaaat»
Heard the same thing on new release but it is possible Elvis used this part more than once :roll:

ORION
Registered for: 9 years 6 months

Post by ORION »

I was prepared to wait until May to FINALLY get this one, but received an e-mail a day or so ago (my internet has been out after storms and tornadoes in the area this week) that my order is shipping from Graceland.

Now that it's on its way, I have come to the conclusion that we may get a couple of other releases in 2024 and that's it. It seems that a release is announced and then there's a delay pushing the time between the announcement and arrival of the item to two-three months each time. If that continues to hold true, the next release should be announced in mid-to-late May for a June release which means it arrive in my mailbox until sometime in July. The next release should probably then be announced in August for a September release and it will arrive stateside in October (barring another round of delays) and that will wrap up 2024. Hopefully, one of those is an enjoyable "sessions" set.

JohanD

Post by JohanD »

LSP-4445 wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:58 am
Played some of the content and I think I heard some dialogue used on the Having Fun On Stage release.
I havent heard that talking album in a loooong time but at one point Elvis replies to the
Heard the same thing on new release but it is possible Elvis used this part more than once :roll:
Indeed, on cd 2 "Here's the scarf, there's the towell, there's the kiss".
That is certain among the dialogue on the "Having fun" album...

JohanD

nyelvfan
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by nyelvfan »

What would be the best site to order this on?

drjohncarpenter

Post by drjohncarpenter »

JohanD wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:13 pm
LSP-4445 wrote:

Indeed, on cd 2 "Here's the scarf, there's the towell, there's the kiss".
That is certain among the dialogue on the "Having fun" album...

Thanks, fellas.

"Having Fun" for FIFTY Years . . .
https://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=116820

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

Way Down Under
Registered for: 2 years 1 month
Mood:

Post by Way Down Under »

LSP-4445 wrote:
That quote you referred to from the "Having Fun" album sounds more like it's from the Fort Worth Texas FTD on disc 2 before singing I Got A Woman.

sweetangeline
Registered for: 15 years

Post by sweetangeline »

anyone received order from NDT yet?? If yes when?? thanks

DENBOW
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

Post by DENBOW »

Not got it from NDT yet still hoping for next week

Way Down Under
Mood:

Post by Way Down Under »

If you haven't got your copies yet or are tossing up about it, there's sound samples on the Bear Family site.

Way Down Under
Mood:

Post by Way Down Under »

joekro1977 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:51 pm
Yes, Bear Family :smt023

rollinson1

Post by rollinson1 »

DENBOW wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:49 am
Not got it from NDT yet still hoping for next week
Hi Denbow

As i said on the other release NDT are a little late as owner Trevor has just lost his mother and had her funeral last week, a very big thing in anyones life and a time when Elvis Presley does not even come into consideration. they have posted that they will return to work as normal next week. Condolences to all at NDT

ELVIS PRESLEY - THE MOST UNDERRATED, UNDERUSED, WASTED TALENT OF ALL TIME

DENBOW

Post by DENBOW »

Sad news. about his mum thanks for letting me know

ORION
Registered for: 9 years 6 months

Post by ORION »

This is a very nice set indeed. I must admit that I have trouble finding any faults (other than a few 'drop-outs here and there) with this set. Elvis is in good spirits and his ad-libs are worthy of a few smiles and laughs. He also shines vocally on quite a few songs ("I'm Leavin', "Bridge", "Help Me", "Spanish eyes" and others). I was also glad to hear that he wasn't unkind to Duke Bardwell (other than joking about the spelling of his name) during the band introductions. The sound is very good for a mono soundboard (like the others that have been released or 'escaped' from this engagement in Tahoe) and there isn't any speed issues that I can detect. I appreciate all in involved in this set - esp. Cisco for his recommendation to Ernst. This one is a winner and will be one that I revisit often when I'm in the mood for a '74 show (s).

Ciscoking

Post by Ciscoking »

Well...honour where honour is due..at least 2 shows were picked
by the boss himself...well done.

Thanks to Ernst Joergensen, Roger Semon and Erik Rasmussen for the great work. Keep the spirit alive !

Sebastian E
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by Sebastian E »

Ciscoking wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:15 pm
Well...honour where honour is due..at least 2 shows were picked
by the boss himself...well done.
That’s impressive. I knew that Springsteen is an Elvis fan, but that he’s working on FTD releases is a nice surprise.

Way Down Under
Mood:

Post by Way Down Under »

ORION wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:05 pm
This is a very nice set indeed. I must admit that I have trouble finding any faults (other than a few 'drop-outs here and there) with this set. Elvis is in good spirits and his ad-libs are worthy of a few smiles and laughs. He also shines vocally on quite a few songs ("I'm Leavin', "Bridge", "Help Me", "Spanish eyes" and others). I was also glad to hear that he wasn't unkind to Duke Bardwell (other than joking about the spelling of his name) during the band introductions. The sound is very good for a mono soundboard (like the others that have been released or 'escaped' from this engagement in Tahoe) and there isn't any speed issues that I can detect. I appreciate all in involved in this set - esp. Cisco for his recommendation to Ernst. This one is a winner and will be one that I revisit often when I'm in the mood for a '74 show (s).
Many thanks Orion! I've been holding out until I get the sound samples and a detailed review, because the shows from this Tahoe stint, prior to this 3 pack, while pleasant, they do have slow speed issues (as noted in the "CONCERTS AT THE WRONG SPEED" thread) as well as the dropouts, which makes Elvis sound less-than-inspired. I was just hoping that we wouldn't be getting more of the same 3 times over on 'Stateline'. I have noted in the sound samples here that Elvis efforts don't sound as forced. While "The Wonder of You" is hardly inspired, the Al Tronti orchestra strings really add some finesse to the performance. It's also a bonus to know that more of the dialogue which appeared on "Having Fun", can now be heard in the context of a complete concert. These aspects have positively affected my decision in putting my order in.

On Tape 1972

Post by On Tape 1972 »

Way Down Under wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:04 am
ORION wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:05 pm
Many thanks Orion! I've been holding out until I get the sound samples and a detailed review, because the shows from this Tahoe stint, prior to this 3 pack, while pleasant, they do have slow speed issues (as noted in the "CONCERTS AT THE WRONG SPEED" thread) as well as the dropouts, which makes Elvis sound less-than-inspired. I was just hoping that we wouldn't be getting more of the same 3 times over on 'Stateline'. I have noted in the sound samples here that Elvis efforts don't sound as forced. While "The Wonder of You" is hardly inspired, the Al Tronti orchestra strings really add some finesse to the performance. It's also a bonus to know that more of the dialogue which appeared on "Having Fun", can now be heard in the context of a complete concert. These aspects have positively affected my decision in putting my order in.
The latest release is void of any speed issues as has been the case for the last 12-14 months. Although these shows offer nothing really new, Elvis is in a good mood and delivers solid performances throughout. The performances even seemed to improve a little as the engagement went on. Shows recorded at the Sahara Tahoe are always going to be rarities, so this one is highly recommended.

Let's re-visit this engagement again some time!

DENBOW

Post by DENBOW »

Got my copy today from NDT will play later.looks ok to me thanks a lot to all at NDT

rlj4ep
Registered for: 19 years 8 months
Mood:

Post by rlj4ep »

DENBOW wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:45 pm
Got my copy today from NDT will play later.looks ok to me thanks a lot to all at NDT
Received word that my copies of this Tahoe release and the Blue Hawaii sessions will arrive at my home on Friday. Excited to hear both.