Elvis Presley At 3AM - Lake Tahoe 1973 (Memphis Recording Service)

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

emjel
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Re: Elvis Presley At 3AM - Lake Tahoe 1973 (Memphis Recording Service)

Post by emjel »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:20 am
emjel wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:35 pm
You wouldn’t recognise the truth if it bit you on the arse.

Looks like one of the most vociferous apologists of the shady grey market label is feeling triggered.

The truth hurts.

:D
The truth isn’t the truth when it’s made up to fit your personal agenda and vendetta against MRS and the owner. Clearly Sony aren’t bothered so Lord knows why you should be.

~
Living is easy with eyes closed...misunderstanding all you see...

Rockin_John
Registered for: 19 years 4 months

Post by Rockin_John »

Can someone post samples?

Keep on Rockin'

Elvis2000
Registered for: 8 years

Post by Elvis2000 »

Rob
GodFather of FECC
Registered for: 8 years 1 month

Post by Rob »

Is it legal to post samples?

Just in case it's not, I'm going to have to put you both on report.

The United States of America have had
forty-six Presidents, but only ONE King!

Thank you very much, ladies and gentlemen.
You're a beautiful audience.

hm80ep
Registered for: 15 years 11 months

Post by hm80ep »

Rob wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:13 pm
Is it legal to post samples?

Just in case it's not, I'm going to have to put you both on report.
Yes, it is. However, you can't listen to them outside of Europe.

Henryk

L Ray
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by L Ray »

The sound quality is outstanding. 😮

YDKM
Registered for: 21 years

Post by YDKM »

I have bought this complete movie masters 4 x cd set and it's nice enough but does not seem to give me anything new.Sounds ok though.Certainly non essential.

Bruce Jackson Born June 3rd 1949- Died January 29th 2011 Elvis's Sound Engineer from 1971-1977.
You Don't Know Me!

drjohncarpenter

Post by drjohncarpenter »

YDKM wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:59 am
I have bought this complete movie masters 4 x cd set and it's nice enough but does not seem to give me anything new.Sounds ok though.Certainly non essential.

:wink:

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

emjel

Post by emjel »

YDKM wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:59 am
I understand what you are saying but firstly, I would assume that the majority of collectors would know before buying, that this set offers nothing new by way of unreleased recordings so no surprsises there and that any tweaks in sound would be subjective anyway. And this release is not designed for the hard core collector who is already going to own almost every morsel of sound that Elvis committed to tape, although of course they may well buy it for their collection to place on their shelf perahps for the pacjaging too, so therefore assume you would regard it is as a pretty decent release and pretty good value for money too for the more casual fan who doesn’t already have the recordings.

Secondly, some might argue that many FTD releases especially some of the recent ones are not exactly essential with some that are bought by those who need to have them almost to feed their addiction to owning everything put out by FTD.

~

TCK_KING
Registered for: 12 years 9 months

Post by TCK_KING »

Its like listening to a stereo multitrack recording,simply amazing.
I think this release is the best sounding soundboard recording that ive ever heard,just cant think of any
other Elvis releases with such great sound quality.
Well done MRS

YDKM

Post by YDKM »

Yes I have since listened to it a couple of times and a nice sounding release I should not have bought, but still a nice one.

Bruce Jackson Born June 3rd 1949- Died January 29th 2011 Elvis's Sound Engineer from 1971-1977.
You Don't Know Me!

drjohncarpenter

TCK_KING wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:14 pm
I think this release is the best sounding soundboard recording that ive ever heard,just cant think of any

Well done MRS

:smt003

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

Union Ave
Registered for: 2 years 10 months

Post by Union Ave »

I’m just wondering where to place the MRS releases, from a historical perspective. And do they really have any merit, or is it all just hype?
The dubious ethics behind these releases have been highlighted previously, so there is no real need to add to that. But it is kind of interesting to reflect on how these releases will be viewed 10 years or even five years from now. We know that the MRS releases in general do not age well. This is in part due to their different approaches to audio improvement, and their inconsistency. There is no real vision behind their releases, it’s all whatever is the latest fancy of the owner. And right now it’s fake stereo. This technology is still in its infancy, and quantum leaps are being made on an almost daily basis. What may sound interesting now, will perhaps sound antiquated and naff just a few years from now. Who knows what is possible by 2027? The thing with releases that are based on certain gimmicks is that they usually don’t age very well.

LSP-4445
Registered for: 11 years 1 month

Post by LSP-4445 »

Union Ave wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:28 am
I’m just wondering where to place the MRS releases, from a historical perspective. And do they really have any merit, or is it all just hype?
The dubious ethics behind these releases have been highlighted previously, so there is no real need to add to that. But it is kind of interesting to reflect on how these releases will be viewed 10 years or even five years from now. We know that the MRS releases in general do not age well. This is in part due to their different approaches to audio improvement, and their inconsistency. There is no real vision behind their releases, it’s all whatever is the latest fancy of the owner. And right now it’s fake stereo. This technology is still in its infancy, and quantum leaps are being made on an almost daily basis. What may sound interesting now, will perhaps sound antiquated and naff just a few years from now. Who knows what is possible by 2027? The thing with releases that are based on certain gimmicks is that they usually don’t age very well.
Some MRS releases are great/awsomme while others are a big yawn….at least to me.
Some age very well and I will always treasure them…like Tupelo`s Own.
I think this new release in this topic is great and I dont see how (now) it can be improven up on.

YDKM

Post by YDKM »

Well sound wise for me just two releases have massively impressed me for sound quality and that is opening night 1972 and tahoe 3am double show pack.....incredibly good listening experience.

You Don't Know Me!

emjel

Post by emjel »

Union Ave wrote:
How do you know MRS releases do not age well - have you conducted a poll around Europe and the U.K.

And why do you wonder about the historic perspective of the technology that a small record label like MRS uses and a label you despise so much. Do you wonder about Eric Records who use DES technology to create stereo sounding records from the 50s and 60s. Both of these labels are tiny in comparison to the big ones like Sony, Warners and Universal and until they start to adopt the idea in a big way, if they ever do, then it is only when that happens that such technology is likely to get noticed in any significant way to fall under the microscope of whether such a thing has historic context.

That said, Universal and Apple have adopted the technology on a couple of recent Beatles releases both of which have sold very well since being released six months ago and I wouldn’t be surprised if Sony start using the same technology on a couple of early Elvis albums on the not too distant future, although I doubt the technology will be remembered in the same way as Quadraphonic records are when that technology was introduced in the early 70’s.

But this isn’t about you wondering about the technology, but more about an excuse and an underhanded way to create a post with more finger pointing and making disparaging remarks at MRS who are not breaking any laws and who are serving a small market of casual fans outside of the main collector fan base that Sony are not.

~

Lee Wood
Registered for: 2 years 6 months

Post by Lee Wood »

emjel wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:33 pm
Union Ave wrote:
How do you know MRS releases do not age well - have you conducted a poll around Europe and the U.K.

And why do you wonder about the historic perspective of the technology that a small record label like MRS uses and a label you despise so much. Do you wonder about Eric Records who use DES technology to create stereo sounding records from the 50s and 60s. Both of these labels are tiny in comparison to the big ones like Sony, Warners and Universal and until they start to adopt the idea in a big way, if they ever do, then it is only when that happens that such technology is likely to get noticed in any significant way to fall under the microscope of whether such a thing has historic context.

That said, Universal and Apple have adopted the technology on a couple of recent Beatles releases both of which have sold very well since being released six months ago and I wouldn’t be surprised if Sony start using the same technology on a couple of early Elvis albums on the not too distant future, although I doubt the technology will be remembered in the same way as Quadraphonic records are when that technology was introduced in the early 70’s.

But this isn’t about you wondering about the technology, but more about an excuse and an underhanded way to create a post with more finger pointing and making disparaging remarks at MRS who are not breaking any laws and who are serving a small market of casual fans outside of the main collector fan base that Sony are not.
He's an expert......is writing something, without saying anything, considering he has no knowledge of the technology that is being used.

He and his little buddy live in a world where they are constantly desperate for recognition and attention, so they throw around meaningless phrases without actually knowing what they're talking about, all through jealousy and hate.

Still. at least we know they must have a few MRS releases in order to be able to comment on them.

TCK_KING
Registered for: 12 years 9 months

Post by TCK_KING »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:48 am
TCK_KING wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:14 pm

Well done MRS

:smt003
smt124
MRS soundboard releases = :smt020
YDKM wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:06 am
Well sound wise for me just two releases have massively impressed me for sound quality and that is opening night 1972 and tahoe 3am double show pack.....incredibly good listening experience.
Must give that one a spin :slight_smile:
Thanks to MRS as I havent enjoyed soundboard shows in a long time,until now :blush:

drjohncarpenter

Union Ave wrote:

In the trash?

:wink:

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

Union Ave
Registered for: 2 years 10 months

Post by Union Ave »

Mmm... makes sense 8)

Please also note that the serious music publications, like 'Elvis - The Man And His Music', are not wasting any space on the fake stereo gimmick, or indeed the dubious MRS label in general.

Wonder why that is?

Lee Wood
Registered for: 2 years 6 months

Post by Lee Wood »

Union Ave wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:56 pm
Mmm... makes sense 8)

Please also note that the serious music publications, like 'Elvis - The Man And His Music', are not wasting any space on the fake stereo gimmick, or indeed the dubious MRS label in general.

Wonder why that is?
I wonder what the serious music publications, like 'Elvis - The Man And His Music' will do when Sony/FTD start releasing these stereo recordings.

Elvis2000
Registered for: 8 years

Post by Elvis2000 »

Lee Wood wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:21 pm
Union Ave wrote:
Mmm... makes sense 8)

Wonder why that is?
I wonder what the serious music publications, like 'Elvis - The Man And His Music' will do when Sony/FTD start releasing these stereo recordings.
Highly unlikely it be released via FTD because the software commercially available degrades the sound quality rather than improves it and if Sony consider it they would need to use the best of the best software and that won't come cheap so again makes it unlikely.

emjel

Post by emjel »

Lee Wood wrote:
Union Ave wrote:
Mmm... makes sense 8)

Wonder why that is?
Does the aforementioned publication review all the other bootleg releases (sorry import releases) that seem to come out on a weekly basis from an assortment of labels that use recordings that are owned by Sony and are not in Public Domain.
But if Sony do go down the route of this "fake stereo’, no doubt they’ll see it as a gimmick and refuse to review such releases. Or will they? i suspect they will review them and then because such releases have been put out by Sony, they’ll be regarded as truly great and wonderful releases even by those who perceive such things as simply money making gimmicks. :wink:

~

emjel

Post by emjel »

Elvis2000 wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:33 pm
Lee Wood wrote:
Union Ave wrote:
Mmm... makes sense 8)

Wonder why that is?
Highly unlikely it be released via FTD because the software commercially available degrades the sound quality rather than improves it and if Sony consider it they would need to use the best of the best software and that won't come cheap so again makes it unlikely.
I might be wrong, but I don’t think Lee Wood is referring to this particular release or the latest Toledo thing, but Sony creating stereo versions of Elvis’ earliest albums or recordings that are only available in mono and is open to a bigger market. If Sony go down that route, with they be seen simply as gimmicks and deserve to be thrown in the trash can.
Last edited by emjel on Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~

Swedish

Post by Swedish »

Union Ave wrote:
Mmm... makes sense 8)

Wonder why that is?
But they instead happily wasting space on dubious thieving bootleg label is seems... :D Wait, does that mean MRS are too legal to be on their pages... :smt017
EMM-119-MARCH-2018.jpeg
EMM-71.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Shakin' Stevens aka Michael Barratt March 4th 1948 - 36 Marcross Rd, Cardiff suburb of Ely, South Wales