Elvis Presley At 3AM - Lake Tahoe 1973 (Memphis Recording Service)

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

emjel
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Re: Elvis Presley At 3AM - Lake Tahoe 1973 (Memphis Recording Service)

Post by emjel »

Ciscoking wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:25 pm
Folks..please calm down... [Snip]
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
But there are plenty of other active threads within the forum that discuss the man and his music. This thread is not the Forum is it. But yes, have a great and relaxing Crimble and Santa brings you all the Elvis goodies you want……and of course eat and drink as much as you want…..

~
Living is easy with eyes closed...misunderstanding all you see...

Ciscoking
Registered for: 21 years

Post by Ciscoking »

Thanks for the hypocritical wishes...among Elvis fans.

Thanks to Ernst Joergensen, Roger Semon and Erik Rasmussen for the great work. Keep the spirit alive !

Union Ave
Registered for: 2 years 10 months

Post by Union Ave »

Ciscoking wrote:
Hidden Content
Indeed it seems that a few people here are having a meltdown of sorts. It all comes down to not respecting other people's viewpoints. You may not like my viewpoints, fine -- but they are mine. Let's respect each other different viewpoints and move on.
Especially Emjel seems to be making this into a matter of life and death. Some of the stuff he is writing is downright insane. No emjel, I am not running down to the police station following our discussion here. Honestly, where on earth do you get crazy stuff like that?
You really need to chill down a bit. And don't twist my words around in these crazy wordsalats of yours. Thank you.

emjel

Post by emjel »

Ciscoking wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:57 pm
Thanks for the hypocritical wishes...among Elvis fans.
If that is addressed to me, I can assure you my sentiments were serious.

~

Ciscoking

Post by Ciscoking »

Okay...sorry for that...in all honesty.

Thanks to Ernst Joergensen, Roger Semon and Erik Rasmussen for the great work. Keep the spirit alive !

Ciscoking

Post by Ciscoking »

Hidden Content

emjel

Post by emjel »

Union Ave wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:01 pm
Ciscoking wrote:
Hidden Content
Indeed it seems that a few people here are having a meltdown of sorts. It all comes down to not respecting other people's viewpoints. You may not like my viewpoints, fine -- but they are mine. Let's respect each other different viewpoints and move on.
Especially Emjel seems to be making this into a matter of life and death. Some of the stuff he is writing is downright insane. No emjel, I am not running down to the police station following our discussion here. Honestly, where on earth do you get crazy stuff like that?
You really need to chill down a bit. And don't twist my words around in these crazy wordsalats of yours. Thank you.
I think life and death is a bit of an over exaggeration, don’t you. But here’s the thing I don’t get. You write about respecting each others different viewpoints and move on, but instead of doing exactly that, you then claim what I am writing is downright insane. The bit about the police station was a bit of tongue in cheek humour, and sorry if you missed that but you have to agree that a few others have offered friendly advice that you should take off the back of that communication you said you received. But hey, if you don’t feel the need to report it, then that’s your choice. No pressure.

As for twisting words, what words would that be? And chilling out….well it’s not me throwing out accusations and insults is it. So far, you’ve accused the owner of MRS as being a thief, a scumbag, a lowlife and a fraudster, whilst telling or implying that certain people on here are simpletons, or are dimwitted followed by false accusations that I am threatening you and that my comments have consequences and as for my friendly advice, you reckon I can "stick that advice where the sun don't shine". And I won’t mention about the nasty comment about feet….oh but I already have. So not exactly the best track record for someone who advocates "chilling out" is it.

Anyhow, putting differences of opinions to one side, you have a great Crimble and I hope you get that boxset of MRS releases that you want - the last bit about the boxset was just a bit of humour. But I wouldn’t want anyone to have a rubbish Christmas because we have differences of opinions on here, so yeah, have a good one and enjoy whatever it is you have planned with your family for the holiday season.

~

emjel

Post by emjel »

Ciscoking wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:42 pm
Union Ave wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:01 pm
Ciscoking wrote:
Hidden Content
This was a first step..btw..Union Ave...I know you are a well respected fan in the Elvis world..I dont know emjel..although I have a guess ..anyway..doesnt matter..as you said..lets calm down..cmon ...its Xmas..and we cant change things anyway..be it bootlegs..FTD..public domain...etc..it will go on..in the end ..there are more important things...at least I have made the experience..being almost 60 now...and I am happy with this...
Okay, so as you don’t know me, and I’d prefer you not to guess, what would you like to know. How long i’ve been a fan or what I buy or don’t buy.

~

Ciscoking

Post by Ciscoking »

At least some nice words after 39 + pages with argueing..in the end about what...gentlemen..
we are Elvis fans..no label fans..can we agree now.
Wish you all the best.

sweetangeline
Registered for: 15 years

Post by sweetangeline »

Ciscoking wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:18 pm
no label fans
unless it`s FTD :wink:

Ciscoking

Post by Ciscoking »

Sure..I am biased..i am FTD fan..no matter what
;-)

sweetangeline

Post by sweetangeline »

Ciscoking wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:38 pm
Sure..I am biased..i am FTD fan..no matter what
;-)
as am I...I have every single one from 1999 to present...but when necessary I still go elsewhere :wink:

Union Ave

Post by Union Ave »

The problem with you, emjel, is that it’s hard to take you seriously when you are constantly playing games here and twisting people’s words around. Let’s take one of your most recent postings, #1964896, as an example. I will use just the first three sentences:

He reckons that copyright does not both him. His arguments in favour of bootlegs, especially those from days gone by, appears to be that they offered something new, something that was unreleased and therefore offered true merit, regardless of the fact they were illegal. He does not believe MRS offer that, even though I tried to point out to him that those fans or the casual fans who didn’t or cannot buy into the FTD releases for whatever reason, do find merit in the MRS releases.

Sentence #1: Never said that. I said that my main bone of contention with MRS is the issue that they are stealing from FTD, and that the other points raised are secondary to this point.
#2: When did I argue in favour of old bootlegs? I only wrote that some of them did have merit. Again, you are twisting my words around.
#3: Conclusions based on what… your imagination?

It’s very hard to have any kind of serious dialogue with you, when you are constantly trying to twist my words or cloud the real issue at hand in other ways. I wonder why you do this, and what you get out of it. I call it troll-like behavior. If you are content with being a troll, then so be it, but I find it unfortunate, because we could be having an interesting dialogue instead of these little wordgames. Oh well, so be it.

sweetangeline

Post by sweetangeline »

I use to have problems with emjel as well but somewhere, sometime, on someday at some point he reached out to me and apologized profusely for his behavior. I am a firm believer in forgiveness especially around the holiday season. Since then he had showered me with gifts of love that clearly show his true side. MERRY CHRISTMAS emjel and all the best in the New Year!! :wink:

PiersEIN

Post by PiersEIN »

pmp wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:27 pm
joekro1977 wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 5:26 pm
Union Ave wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:54 am
Are the MRS releases legal in the U.S.?
Or are they, if sold there, bootlegs?
MRS Product is available on the US Amazon website - among other places.
100% Legal.
Like DJC, Union seems completely oblivious to the fact that there are thousands of works by Europeans that are in the public domain in the US, but in copyright in Europe. And yes, the US issues of those works get imported legally via Amazon into the UK and mainland Europe.
I wonder if he thinks that's "right?"

The whole idea of a hardcore Elvis fan getting to 2023 and then claiming he has a conscience about what is "right" when it comes to Elvis releases is, at best, hypocritical, and, at worst, f-ing hilarious.
That's a great post.
His attitude is no doubt based on a personal agenda and, as I showed above, no matter how many ridiculous posts he keeps adding to this thread FECC members just do not agree with his opinion.
They can obviously see through the ridiculous hypocrisy.
and what really springs to mind is... "people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones".

Cheers
Piers

emjel

Post by emjel »

sweetangeline wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 12:24 am
I use to have problems with emjel as well but somewhere, sometime, on someday at some point he reached out to me and apologized profusely for his behavior. I am a firm believer in forgiveness especially around the holiday season. Since then he had showered me with gifts of love that clearly show his true side. MERRY CHRISTMAS emjel and all the best in the New Year!! :wink:
Yes I remember it well, and even though it was 29 years ago, it seems like yesterday….when all my troubles seemed so far away. We were debating the merits of all those Legendary Performer releases on the Madison Label that were coming out in a random sequence and we could not agree on the fact that there was little consistency in any of them. I thought they were a complete rip off and you thought they were the holy grail. After a lot of heated debates, we came to the conclusion that we can work it out sensibly even though at the time, it really felt like a hard day’s night. Of course and at the time, I should’ve known better and now, it’s just like things we said today….or perhaps yesterday.
Have a fab happy Crimble sweetgirl and a merry new year.

~

pmp
Registered for: 5 years

Post by pmp »

Union Ave wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:56 pm
The problem with you, emjel, is that it’s hard to take you seriously when you are constantly playing games here and twisting people’s words around. Let’s take one of your most recent postings, #1964896, as an example. I will use just the first three sentences:

He reckons that copyright does not both him. His arguments in favour of bootlegs, especially those from days gone by, appears to be that they offered something new, something that was unreleased and therefore offered true merit, regardless of the fact they were illegal. He does not believe MRS offer that, even though I tried to point out to him that those fans or the casual fans who didn’t or cannot buy into the FTD releases for whatever reason, do find merit in the MRS releases.

Sentence #1: Never said that. I said that my main bone of contention with MRS is the issue that they are stealing from FTD, and that the other points raised are secondary to this point.
#2: When did I argue in favour of old bootlegs? I only wrote that some of them did have merit. Again, you are twisting my words around.

It’s very hard to have any kind of serious dialogue with you, when you are constantly trying to twist my words or cloud the real issue at hand in other ways. I wonder why you do this, and what you get out of it. I call it troll-like behavior. If you are content with being a troll, then so be it, but I find it unfortunate, because we could be having an interesting dialogue instead of these little wordgames. Oh well, so be it.
It's three days before Christmas, and the best way you can occupy your time is to come here and pull people's posts apart one sentence at a time? Geez.

Accused of being "a nerd in his 20s." I wish.

drjohncarpenter

Post by drjohncarpenter »

Union Ave wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:56 pm
Your eternal self-congratulatory posts are mildly nauseating. Get over yourself, dude.

Or write another MRS rave review :wink:

Dude is a little man.

:wink:

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

drjohncarpenter

joekro1977 wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 5:26 pm
Union Ave wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:54 am
Are the MRS releases legal in the U.S.?
Or are they, if sold there, bootlegs?

MRS Product is available on the US Amazon website - among other places.

100% Legal.

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

drjohncarpenter

pmp wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:43 pm
Yes, I did dig into your posts from years ago,

Your obsession with me never ends.

Of course you indeed managed to find exactly one post from 2006, which you thought supported your latest absurd rant.

But in reality it actually managed the opposite. Ouch.

You truly excel in wasting bandwidth with your feckless, embarrassing posts.

It's what you've done best through your three or four or five logins on this forum. No one can beat ya!

:D

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

Union Ave

Post by Union Ave »

Piers, I have nothing against you personally, even though I find much of what you write questionable. Especially your reviews are usually slanted certain ways, and seem agenda-driven. And in particular those of MRS product, which are just not very credible. I have to ask you, is there some type of agreement in place with Pirzada? Does he pay you for these advertisements? Do you get freebies?
As I recall, in private you were often quite critical of Pirzada, hence the question.

Swedish

Post by Swedish »

Lee Wood wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:05 am
Are MRS selling directly to the States, or is someone importing them? What about Eric records? Your same questions applies?
Union Ave wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:29 am
Thank you for confirming that the MRS releases are essentially bootlegs, that can only be released here through a loophole in the lax European copyright laws.
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:58 am
Amazon.com trading MRS & Eric Records for sale...

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=%22memphis+recording+service%22+elvis

Shakin' Stevens aka Michael Barratt March 4th 1948 - 36 Marcross Rd, Cardiff suburb of Ely, South Wales

emjel

Post by emjel »

Union Ave wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:56 pm

Ah, thanks for the reciprocal warm Christmas wishes and setting aside our differences of opinions. That was very ki…..oh wait, it wasn’t you….you didn’t reciprocate in the spirit of Christmas did you, but just accused me of being a…..what was the word you used ….oh yes, a troll. By the way, did you get that refund?

~

Union Ave

Post by Union Ave »

You can't just blurt out a ton of verbal diarrhea, then quickly say 'Merry Christmas!', and think that all is okay.
It feels dishonest and manipulative.
But I have stated my views, and I wish you a Merry Christmas. And I do mean that.

Christopher
Registered for: 18 years 1 month

Post by Christopher »

Union Ave wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 12:19 pm
You can't just blurt out a ton of verbal diarrhea, then quickly say 'Merry Christmas!', and think that all is okay.
It feels dishonest and manipulative.
But I have stated my views, and I wish you a Merry Christmas. And I do mean that.
could we just all agree to stop describing different opinions as "verbal diarrhea"?
merry christmas to all members, not just the "good ones" (since one special member likes to differentiate - i don't support this approach).

Give a man a fish and he´ll have dinner for a day.
Teach a man how to fish and he´ll have dinner for a lifetime!

(signature borrowed from treasured fecc member lovin´ EP Linda ... until she wants it back)

More important than ever: https://blacklivesmatter.com/