Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

putting all elvis music into data format

Fri May 23, 2003 8:06 am

has anyone ever did this putting your elvis music into data

well thats what i am doing so far i have one full cd of all
50s masters on one disc 110 songs

this do not inc demos home records and the million $ quartet.

but i did put three songs from the lousiana hayride shows

1.heart of stone
2.tweddle dee
3.maybellene

i even slowd down the heart of stone.

curtis simpkins

Fri May 23, 2003 1:46 pm

HI Curtis,
What do you mean by data ?
I suppose you are making MP3 's ?

I have just recorde about 70 LP's into wav and named each song.
I have to remove some scratches, and then I'll have all my Vinyl on cd's too.

:P

Fri May 23, 2003 2:24 pm

Ringrock

I have been thinking about converting all my lp's and cassettes to cd but i don't know which
program is the best to use.Any suggestions? And how important is the soundcard in this process.

Promocollector

Fri May 23, 2003 2:34 pm

When I get an MP3 Player in my car I will start making these Cd's.

:twisted:

Fri May 23, 2003 3:02 pm

Hi promocollector,

There are many programs, but probably the best is cooledit from http://www.syntrillium.com/download/

They have shareware version that work !

I searched tyhe internet for reviews on music recording with sound-cards, and unless you are willing to pay more than 500 dollars the best is from terratec: DMX 6fire 24/96 Also available someplaces as much cheaper Lite version which is exactly the same but without front connnection panel.
http://productsen.terratec.net/modules. ... 3&menu=101

It's not good for games, but fantastic hifi specs and test results. Stay away from Creative soundcarts when audio recording. They use bad AD converters.

If you record lp's in directories with the LP title and the LP's in a directory with the artist name, you can later use Tag&Rename to name all your MP3's correctly including ID-tags. Unfortunately it's shareware for 30 day's
so buy it or wait with installing until you have all the files ready to name.

Good luck

Fri May 23, 2003 4:27 pm

Thanks Ringrock, you've been a big help!!

Promocollector

Fri May 23, 2003 5:46 pm

Hi Ringrock!

Thanks for the info about Cool Edit.
Which version do you recommend Cool Edit 2000 or Cool Edit Pro 2???

Fri May 23, 2003 6:07 pm

Promocollector wrote:Ringrock

I have been thinking about converting all my lp's and cassettes to cd but i don't know which
program is the best to use.Any suggestions? And how important is the soundcard in this process.

The sowftware you choose is of lesser importance. It is actually just a matter of taste and it only works as a user interface during the recording phase. But if you want to do some datamanipulations you also have to think of the quality of the algorithms used. Those are software spesific.

The soundcard is very important. And there's no soundcards on the market below $300 that can give you Hi-Fi. If you have the option of using a stationary CDR deck that is the best choice if you do not want to invest in the better soundcards.

Cool Edit 2.0 is a good tool for amateurs. But do not expect professional results. And if you plan to do some manipulations to your recordings I advice you to record with the highest sampling rate possible. And convert back to 16/44.1 when you are through with mixing and manipulations (also simple functions as volume will detoriate the sound). If you just want to cut and past, it is lossless and it doesn't matter what software you use.

Fri May 23, 2003 6:50 pm

I started using Cool Edit pro earlier this year for editing and cleaning up WAV files, when making CDR’s for my own personal use, and I was very impressed with the results. The mix-down facility is also very useful. I would definitely recommend Cool Edit Pro.

Sat May 24, 2003 2:39 am

Cooledit 200 is good enough. Seems the pro version is only interesting for multitrack and a lot more expensive to buy....
Yes record in highest bits (the terratec supports true 24 bit 196 khz recording) and sample down later when you want to edit the files.
THe soundcard cost me 139 euro's :) for the llight version. The normal version also has an build in RIAA phono so that you can connect the Phono directly to the sound card without any preamp....