Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

which FTD the worst one?

Fri Apr 18, 2003 5:27 pm

And is so bad that no one should buy?

Fri Apr 18, 2003 5:41 pm

I wouldn’t advise anyone not buy anything, because that comes down to personal choice, but if there’s one FTD release that I never bother to play, it would be “Too Much Monkey Business”. I was never a big fan of the “Guitar Man” album, and it didn’t sound any better to my ears when I revisited it via this CD some years later.
Just my opinion.

Fri Apr 18, 2003 5:42 pm

No doubt in my mind,the worst has to be "IN A PRIVATE MOMENT"

Fri Apr 18, 2003 6:11 pm

I really liked “In A Private Moment”. These may be home recordings with less than perfect sound quality, but they also provide a fascinating insight into Elvis’ musical vision, and a glimpse of what might have been, had he not been tied to movie contracts in the mid sixties. I would consider any home recordings as essential listening for these reasons.

Fri Apr 18, 2003 6:40 pm

The one with gospel songs. Can't remember the title

Fri Apr 18, 2003 6:51 pm

rockinrebel wrote:I really liked “In A Private Moment”. These may be home recordings with less than perfect sound quality, but they also provide a fascinating insight into Elvis’ musical vision, and a glimpse of what might have been, had he not been tied to movie contracts in the mid sixties. I would consider any home recordings as essential listening for these reasons.

I never listened to that one, because it's kinda similar to the regular BMG release....

Fri Apr 18, 2003 7:14 pm

I consider pretty much all the FTD issue CDs to be essential, however Too Much Monkey Business is my least favourite and has little to recommend it IMO

Fri Apr 18, 2003 7:38 pm

PeterPan wrote:The one with gospel songs. Can't remember the title

I believe the title is "Easter Special"

Tom (from Ohio)

Fri Apr 18, 2003 7:51 pm

I agree that Too Much Monkey Business would be the least recommended.

And I thought Easter Special was nice.

worst FTD

Fri Apr 18, 2003 8:31 pm

I agree Too much monkey is one of the worst.
But who listen frequently to Tucson 76 or In a private moment ? :?

Fri Apr 18, 2003 8:46 pm

I do listen to “In A Private Moment” for the reasons outlined in my earlier post, but “Tucson ‘76” isn’t one of my favourites. Having said that I’m glad BMG released the complete show, so that we could hear it for ourselves and make our own minds up.
Had they just released the live version of “Danny Boy” on a box set, we would always be speculating about what the rest of the show was like.

Worst FTD

Sat Apr 19, 2003 1:22 am

I think "Tucson '76" is the worst by far.
I play it only as a reference to how good Elvis was a few years earlier.

Sat Apr 19, 2003 3:26 am

In a Private moment has to be the worst. One listen only here. google.com rocks. :mrgreen:

Sat Apr 19, 2003 4:35 am

As much as I appreciate Elvis home recordings and as much as I enjoy listening to 'In A Private Moment' -it is a Private album and not one I'd lend out to any of my friends. I can't imagine anyone here playing that at full blast from thier car stereos. Too Much Monkey Business -maybe.

for me It's Midnight

Sat Apr 19, 2003 3:26 pm

I have a problem with Too Much Monkey Business. I agree that these sessions were failure but I often listen to this music. I think I just want to listen more Elvis songs with nowadays arrangments. In my opinion the worst FTD release was It's Midnight. Show is very good but we alll know so many shows from 1974 period. Nothing new for me nad that's why boring.

Worst FTD???

Sun Apr 20, 2003 5:35 am

I don't have all the FTDs because I only buy them if I think I will listen often enough to justify their price. I don't buy to collect. I buy to listen.

Of the FTDs I do have I play "Memphis Sessions" the least. I thought I would really enjoy these songs w/o the overdubs but I don't. I really miss the horns, voices, etc.

BTW: I really like "Monkey Business".

Regards,

Jerry

FTD's.........

Sun Apr 20, 2003 5:51 am

are a God-send for us fans .................

Subjective opinions regarding "good" or "bad" releases aside, ......... I'm glad to have them all.

Have bought every release and will continue to do so. Whether you are a "collector" or "audiophile" - support the label - and hopefully, we will continue to enjoy new titles for years to come.

Keep 'em coming Ernst !! Love 'em all!!

Sun Apr 20, 2003 10:59 pm

there's no FTD-CD that is not worth buying, there's something for everybody and in general every release has its place.

my least favourite one is "Burbank 68" - though i love the comeback material i feel this CD is rather badly compiled.
But since it's their first release, i don't take this too heavily and they have certainly rocked my world after that.

Re: which FTD the worst one?

Sun Apr 20, 2003 11:14 pm

I can't really tell which one is the "worst"! FTD are for the fans, and as such all the releases please somebody!
I really can't understand all the negative fuzz about TOO MUCH M. B.
It happened, and as such, the GUITAR MAN album and single was a US CW hit! To hear what was left out, is ok with me!
Mind you, my kids kinda like this album along with the ALLC single! Just a thought! (The also like THE ELVIS MEDLEY)

Sun Apr 20, 2003 11:48 pm

Whilst I don’t personally care for the “Too Much Monkey Business”/”Guitar Man” album, I have no problem with BMG FTD putting this album out. Many fans wanted to have these recordings, and I think in the long term the FTD label tries to please everybody.

Mon Apr 21, 2003 6:23 pm

Elvis New Year's eve is the one I would not recommend to anyone.

But there's a couple of others that is not that good either. It depends on different criteria. Elvis new year's eve, sounds awfull.

The most boring one is "Nashville Marathon".

Mon Apr 21, 2003 11:47 pm

And <b>Nashville Marathon</b> is one of my FAVOURITES! I love that one. I also enjoy the Tucson 76 show.

I'd have to say Private Moment has to be the least listened to, because of the terrible sound quality.