Anyone have the text of "Faces" and "Celebrity" mags about Elvis?

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
eligain
Registered for: 13 years 7 months

Anyone have the text of "Faces" and "Celebrity" mags about Elvis?

Post by eligain »

Does anyone here have the text to the Elvis articles of these 2 magazines? I had bought copies of them at the time but they got destroyed when out basement flooded in the 80's. I remember the "Faces" article which focused on Elvis needing to lose weight and make another comeback for his fans but I can't remember what the "malady" was about in the "Celebrity" article.
Screen Shot 2022-08-09 at 6.31.19 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-08-09 at 6.29.59 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-08-09 at 6.28.18 PM.png
Speaking of the "Faces" article: I wonder who the sources for the article were and if there was an effort by the Presley camp to get this info out there? This was that critical period after 1975 had been a very uneven year and the first serious signs of trouble were starting to leak out.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
eligain
Registered for: 13 years 7 months

Re: Anyone have the text of "Faces" and "Celebrity" mags about Elvis?

Post by eligain »

Well I guess no one else bought these magazines back in the day?

I did find part of the text of the Celebrity magazine on ebay. The malady is they were trying to figure out way Elvis had canceled his Las Vegas engagement and went into the hospital with a liver ailment. Ironically is rules out liquor and drugs since he didn't drink or smoke and didn'r do drugs because of his religious upbringing!
Screen Shot 2022-08-12 at 5.52.39 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-08-12 at 5.53.04 AM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.