Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Make $20 easy (elvis cd needed)

Thu May 22, 2003 2:50 pm

If you have the following songs, can burn CD’s, and would like to make an easy $20, please email me at parkersinchile@mac.com. At one time, I had all of these official releases in my collection, but had to sell many things in moving to another country and did not have the capabillity to make cd quality copies. I am now seeking to restore my collection with 45 songs I am missing(2 cdrs). I do not feel I am cheating BMG or copyright laws because I did legally purchase all these albums before. If you don’t have a problem with this and can help, I would greatly apriciate it. Thanks.

Scott

p.s., I'm looking for the masters unless otherwise noted. I gave listed the sources, but some of these may be available on imports and that is fine.

I LOVE YOU BECAUSE (TAKE 1) COMPLETE SUN SESSIONS CD
I LOVE YOU BECAUSE (TAKE 3) COMPLETE SUN SESSIONS CD
I LOVE YOU BECAUSE (TAKE 4) COMPLETE SUN SESSIONS CD
I LOVE YOU BECAUSE (TAKE 5) COMPLETE SUN SESSIONS CD
I'M LEFT, YOU'RE RIGHT, SHE'S GONE (TAKE 1) COMPLETE SUN SESSIONS CD
I'M LEFT, YOU'RE RIGHT, SHE'S GONE (TAKE 2) COMPLETE SUN SESSIONS LP
I'M LEFT, YOU'RE RIGHT, SHE'S GONE (TAKE 3) COMPLETE SUN SESSIONS CD
I'M LEFT, YOU'RE RIGHT, SHE'S GONE (TAKE 4) COMPLETE SUN SESSIONS LP
I'M LEFT, YOU'RE RIGHT, SHE'S GONE (TAKE 7) COMPLETE SUN SESSIONS LP
TREAT ME NICE (STEREO VERSION) GREAT PERFORMANCES
AIN'T THAT LOVING YOU BABY (SINGLE MASTER-TAKE 4) 50'S MASTERS
BLUE RIVER 60'S MASTERS/LOST ALBUM
ECHOES OF LOVE 60'S MASTERS/LOST ALBUM
FINDERS KEEPERS, LOSERS WEEPERS 60'S MASTERS/LOST ALBUM
IT'S A LONG, LONELY HIGHWAY 60'S MASTERS/LOST ALBUM
LOVE ME TONIGHT 60'S MASTERS/LOST ALBUM
NEVER ENDING 60'S MASTERS/LOST ALBUM
SLOWLY BUT SURELY 60'S MASTERS/LOST ALBUM
WESTERN UNION 60'S MASTERS/LOST ALBUM
WHAT NOW, WHAT NEXT, WHERE TO 60'S MASTERS/LOST ALBUM
FROGGY WENT A COURTIN' (REHEARSAL) 70'S MASTERS
STRANGER IN MY HOMETOWN (REHEARSAL) 70'S MASTERS
THE SOUND OF YOUR CRY (PREFER 4:00 EXTENDED MASTER) 70'S MASTERS/GREATEST HITS, VOL. 1 LP
THIS IS OUR DANCE LOVE LETTERS FROM ELVIS
DON'T THINK TWICE (LONG VERSION) OUR MEMORIES OF ELVIS, VOL. 2 LP
FOOLS RUSH IN ELVIS NOW
HELP ME MAKE IT THROUGH THE NIGHT ELVIS NOW
LOVE ME, LOVE THE LIVE I LEAD ELVIS (FOOL)
MERRY CHRISTMAS BABY (LONG VERSION) MEMORIES OF CHRISTMAS
MY WAY (MASTER) 70'S MASTERS
O COME ALL YE FAITHFUL (EXTENDED EDIT TAKES 1/2) MEMORIES OF CHRISTMAS
THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR LOVIN' ME 70'S MASTERS
WE CAN MAKE THE MORNING 70'S MASTERS/ELVIS NOW
ARE YOU SINCERE 70'S MASTERS/RAISED ON ROCK
FIND OUT WHAT'S HAPPENING RAISED ON ROCK
FOR OL' TIMES SAKE 70'S MASTERS/RAISED ON ROCK
GIRL OF MINE RAISED ON ROCK
I MISS YOU RAISED ON ROCK
IF YOU DON'T COME BACK RAISED ON ROCK
IT'S DIFFERENT NOW 70'S MASTERS
JUST A LITTLE BIT 70'S MASTERS/RAISED ON ROCK
SWEET ANGELINE RAISED ON ROCK
TAKE GOOD CARE OF HER 70'S MASTERS/RAISED ON ROCK
THREE CORN PATCHES RAISED ON ROCK
THE TWELFTH OF NEVER 70'S MASTERS

Thu May 22, 2003 3:39 pm

collectelvis -

There is no such CD as 'The Complete Sun Sessions'.

When the double album 'The Complete Sun Sessions' was issued on one CD, they had to drop some tracks and it was renamed: 'The Sun Sessions'.

Colin B

Thu May 22, 2003 6:02 pm

It appears that you want the entire "Raised On Rock" album.

Be advised that you can buy it today on Amazon USA for $11.98 new or $7.00 second hand.

I am puzzled why would pay $20.00 for someone to break the law when a cheaper remedy is available.

You may feel that you are "entitled" to circumvent RCA but anyone taking up your offer is very much running against the law - and liable for prosecution as a pirate.

I apologise if you are not part of an RIAA sting - being a new member. But this tactic has recently been successfully employed by the NZ version of the RIAA.

Think about who might read this board :!:

Thu May 22, 2003 6:12 pm

Exactly. I think offering money on this board should be outlawed. It is one thing to "share" it is another thing to make money for the venture. I myself don't believe in either one. lol

Fri May 23, 2003 4:27 pm

KiwiAlan and Genesim,

I respect your viewpoints...would either of you like to share these songs with me? If someone would copy these for me out of shear kindness, I would be thilled. I can pay shipping and your cost for the CDR's.

The fact is, most of the songs(or versions of the songs) I need can no longer be purchased as they have been deleted from RCA's catalog. Therefore, when I buy a used CD from Amazon(Raised On Rock, for example), RCA doesn't get royalty money the second time. What is the difference in buying a used copy from someone on Amazon or buying a cdr copy from one of you? Or if I resold A Double Features CD for twice what I paid to RCA when I bought it, do I give them the difference?

I'm not wanting someone to make money from selling copyrights they don't own, I am trying to compensate for shipping, cdr cost and the time involved to copy 45 songs. There are some songs on the list available on the decades sets, but I have at one time purchased all of these recordings legally and don't see any difference in this and if I bought them all again used off ebay.

I apologize as I wasn't trying to start an argument. I am an Elvis fan looking for some rare versions that are no longer in print or a few masters I don't have. If another Elvis fan can help, I would appreciate it.

Fri May 23, 2003 6:55 pm

Assuming you are in the US, if you have CDR copies of copyrighted material but you don't own the originals, then it would be easy to prosecute you for owning bootlegged copies. Good luck trying to prove that you once owned licensed copies, because you sold them away. US copyright law allows one to make personal use copies of copyrighted material, but distribution is not allowed. So even if you can justify yourself owning copies of these copyrighted recordings, I would recommend against anyone sending you CDRs of this material, because that would put those that are trying to help you in a position of illegally distributing unauthorized copies of copyrighted material. This is a dangerous game when played with official recordings. You probably won't get in trouble, but asking for such a thing on this message board could invite unnecessary scrutiny of the activities of the message board and its members. I am sure there are more discreet ways to handle this to everyone's satisfaction without making a public plea for someone to circumvent copyright law.

On the other hand, the practice of buying a product legally, copying it, then returning it for a refund or reselling it go get your money back, is one of the reasons prices are so high and copyright laws are so strict. The fact is that each individual that owns a copy of the copyrighted work should have purchased a license for it, with some of those fees filtering back to the copyright owner. You did buy the license, but you got your money back when you sold the item to someone else, so in effect you lost your license, and if I send you a CDR of this work, I'll be illegally distributing an unauthorized duplicate and you will ultimately get a copy that wasn't licensed from the copyright holder. I'm not trying to make a big deal out of this, except that these kinds of requests should probably not be posted in a public forum.

Greg

Fri May 23, 2003 6:57 pm

Thank you, Matlock.

Tom

Fri May 23, 2003 7:05 pm

Matlock?

Fri May 23, 2003 7:15 pm

Would you have gotten the joke if I had said Perry Mason? I was simply commenting on your lawyeresque language. I sure hope you get paid by the word.

Tom

Fri May 23, 2003 7:52 pm

<I was simply commenting on your lawyeresque language. I sure hope you get paid by the word.

People can get paid for writing stuff like this? I do it for free! Maybe I need a new job!

sAY wHAT$$$

Fri May 23, 2003 10:06 pm

SURE IS A LOT OF WORK FOR $20.00 ISN'T IT??

Fri May 23, 2003 10:24 pm

Greg,
My sister-in-law makes seven figures a year writing stuff just like that.

Tom

Fri May 23, 2003 10:27 pm

IMO, this is NO DIFFERENT than buying a bootleg...in the end the EPE gets nothing...

Sat May 24, 2003 5:57 am

<Greg, My sister-in-law makes seven figures a year writing stuff just like that.

Wow, that must be nice. I do a fair amount of techincal writing but I am an engineer, not a lawyer. The only reason I made the earlier post is because I have some photographs that have been published and it bugs me when I see them show up somewhere without permission. The web makes it easy to circumvent copyright these days.

This is a totally different from trading live bootlegs, because no one, except possibly the person who recorded a live show or one who owns the actual original master tape, can assert copyright on them. The publishing rights for each song are another issue, so at present distributing live bootlegs in a not for profit fashion is sort of OK compared to trafficing unauthorized copies of official stuff.

Action says "don't worry about the morally upright on here, opinions are like arseholes, everybodys got one." I agree with that, but I fail to see how that applies to the facts of copyright law. Try selling that line to the judge when you get busted being a music pirate!

Greg

CDRs

Sat May 24, 2003 6:52 am

Greg why are you lecturing? There is so much pirating that goes on at this site you would be up for years trying to push your morality on everyone else.
Try these links to this very site to see my point...
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/import_news.html
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/import20.html
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/subbootsaz.html
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/worldwi ... leases.htm
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/v ... f60ff67317

Now for me I want to support BMG to enable them to keep bringing us quality releases. This is the only reason. I do not believe in the morality of the argument.

Tony

Sat May 24, 2003 7:01 am

The funny thing is when I read the first part of the title of this post, I thought Leslie was back.

Tom

Leslie

Sat May 24, 2003 7:06 am

That $hit made me smile. I scrolled up to reread the post and cracked!

Sat May 24, 2003 8:20 am

<Greg why are you lecturing? There is so much pirating that goes on at this site you would be up for years trying to push your morality on everyone else.

Who said anything about morality? If you would care to read my posts, you would see that my concern is keeping prying eyes off this messageboard. Did you miss this part of my first post where I said "You probably won't get in trouble, but asking for such a thing on this message board could invite unnecessary scrutiny of the activities of the message board and its members. I am sure there are more discreet ways to handle this to everyone's satisfaction without making a public plea for someone to circumvent copyright law. " Or this one "I'm not trying to make a big deal out of this, except that these kinds of requests should probably not be posted in a public forum. "

Now regarding your list of links to this site "Try these links to this very site to see my point..."

You didn't provide any direct links to any pirated material that I could see. It's obvious that you can't tell the difference between pirated material and simple bootlegs for which RCA/BMG/EPE can not assert copyright authority. The live concert bootlegs were not made by EPE/RCA/BMG and those entities do not own them. If someone who made or came into the posession of an unofficial concert recording wants to distribute it, that's fine, but if they want to sell it in the USA, they can't do so without paying the proper mechanical royalties to the publishers, that's why all these items are manufactured everywhere but the USA. There is no law against owning these things. For the studio recordings, I agree these often get close to crossing the line if they contain released masters or outtakes, but simply having a website detailing the various releases (like your links pointed to) is not against the law. I've yet to see FECC engage in any sort of piracy, on the contrary, I believe they have the best interest of RCA/BMG/EPE at heart, as they have demonstrated many times over, and if RCA/BMG had any problems with the conduct of FECC, why in the world would FECC be an authorized FTD dealer? The fact that FECC is an authorized FTD dealer speaks volumes. If I were you, I wouldn't post a bunch of links to FECC webpages and allege piracy is rampant under their watch. That's groundless. If you would care to do some more research, you would find that I have made similar posts on a number of occasions when discussions on this board have crossed the line between legal bootleg trading and piracy, and I am not the only one to do so. This isn't about morality, it's about the law and keeping this website from coming under the scrutiny of the RIAA and record company lawyers.

Feel free to get on my case all you want, but I am not sure you should post links to FECC sites and allege illegal piracy.

Greg

HUh?

Sat May 24, 2003 8:23 am

*yawn*
Piracy shmiracy. Boootleg shmootleg.
*yawn*

Cdrs

Sat May 24, 2003 8:31 am

So I believe we should understand you do not plan on helping this fellow out with his request?
A simple yes or no would have sufficed. Yet you would have been denied the right to read your writing. Perhaps one beer to many tonight?

Tony

Sat May 24, 2003 6:02 pm

<So I believe we should understand you do not plan on helping this fellow out with his request?

I never said that. I said there were more discrete ways of handling this. If I got a private email from a fellow Elvis collector in need I may help them out. There are some things that should remain private, that's all. I guess you missed that...again.

I find it kind of laughable that the you continually criticize my posts, when you are the author of such classics as:

<*yawn*
Piracy shmiracy. Boootleg shmootleg.
*yawn*

and

<That $hit made me smile. I scrolled up to reread the post and cracked!

CDRs

Sat May 24, 2003 8:06 pm

I am glad you liked them. It is always nice to have fans :D.
So are you going to make the cdrs for this fellow?

Tony