Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
DearGeorgie
Registered for: 11 years 9 months

Re: For Ken --- Rest in Peace

Post by DearGeorgie »

I had a feeling this was coming. He will be missed. Rock on, Ken - You're finally at peace

Mike C
Registered for: 21 years

Post by Mike C »

RIP, Ken. You will be missed. My sincerest condolences to Joanne and his friends and family.

:cry:

"You go to school. I'm going out to make a buck!"
Elvis as Danny Fisher

pmp
Registered for: 4 years 11 months

Post by pmp »

Thanks for giving us the news, although we know it was expected, and the fact that he hadn't logged in here since Christmas Day was not a good sign. It's very sad indeed - it always is when the forum loses a respected member. And respected he most definitely was. A huge loss for his family and the FECC family, and he will be remembered for his dignity and optimism.

Accused of being "a nerd in his 20s." I wish.

iplayastrat
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by iplayastrat »

I had sent a pm to Ken about a year ago.
Because of the seriousness of his health
situation, I especially wanted to witness
to him about Christ.

While I wouldn't post the entirety of his
private response here, I'll post the sentence
that took my burden away. It really eased my
mind.

Ken wrote, Rest assured I am right with the
Lord!

To me, that just sounds like Ken. His response was
to comfort me as much or more than I did him.

He will be missed.

My escape from society continues...

Jaime1234
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Post by Jaime1234 »

My sincerest regrets

Beale
Registered for: 6 years 11 months

Post by Beale »

Rest easy in paradise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

midniteflyer
Registered for: 14 years 9 months

Post by midniteflyer »

Thank you for informing us members of this sad news Greystoke,Ken was extremely brave in his battle and always had a positive outlook on all matters.He should be an inspiration to us all.

R.I.P Ken I hope you get to meet the main man on the other side.

ForeverElvis

Post by ForeverElvis »

I thought this might have happened when he hadn’t posted in a while.

Rest well Ken, you were a shining example of strength and dignity.

My condolences to Joanne and his family, friends and acquaintances here on FECC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Always Elvis
Anthony

bray1977
Registered for: 19 years 2 months

Post by bray1977 »

Very sad news even if it is not unexpected. RIP Ken. I only hope I can face my own end with half the courage and dignity that you did.

50,000,000 Elvis fans cant be wrong.

londonflash

Post by londonflash »

Thank you, Greystoke, for letting us know.

RIP Ken. You fought with such bravery and were an inspiration to all of your FECC family.

We will all miss you and you'll never be forgotten here. Rest easy mate.

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

jurasic1968
Registered for: 11 years 8 months

Post by jurasic1968 »

Rip Ken.

drjohncarpenter

Post by drjohncarpenter »

Greystoke wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:08 pm
It's with a heavy heart that I'm the bearer of this sad news. Ken had asked his wife, Joanne, to get in touch with me and pass on to his “brothers and sisters” here that he had passed away. Which took me by surprise, as I don't know Ken outside of this forum and a few messages we exchanged on Instagram. But I really liked Ken, as we all did. And do.

I find this very sad, and my heart goes out to Ken and Joanne, and all of his nearest and dearest. He seemed like a great guy. And I'm sure he was. He was liked and admired on here, that's for sure.

I didn't want to ask directly when Ken passed away, but it wasn't today. Although Joanne said that she met with the undertaker today and gave him an Elvis shirt Ken wore on their trip to India for Ken to be dressed in. That seems like Ken, from what I know of him on here. He liked his Elvis shirts. And one of his favourites, Tanita Tikaram, has been in touch with Joanna with condolences. That's pretty cool.

Many of us know that this was expected, as did Ken. And he surely fought to the end and faced the most horrible of news with bravery and dignity. I can't imagine how that must feel. But I hope he's at peace. And that his family and friends find strength in the days ahead. Death is so very final. Enjoy life. Enjoy living. Ken did. And I'll think of him often. Please do the same, or raise a glass. Say a prayer. Listen to a song and have a moment for Ken.

Rest in Peace, Ken.

Joanne shared this video with me after I had posted about Ken’s passing. I asked if I could share it here, and she said that was fine. It's Ken and a friend of his on a road trip in America singing Love’s Been Good to Me.

This is awful news. I kept Ken in my thoughts almost every time I logged on here.

He was a great fan, and a funny and kind member of this forum. I loved his punk rock roots and the custom Elvis "jumpsuit" shirts he modeled for us in posts not too long ago. It showed so many sides of him, and all of them positive.

Can you please let his wife Joanne know our collective thoughts? Maybe we were just a small part of a grand life, but she may be comforted to know how he touched so many others, just by being himself.

R.I.P., Ken.

We'll meet again
Don't know where
Don't know when
But I know we'll meet again some sunny day

Keep smiling through
Just like you
Always do
'Til the blue skies drive the dark clouds far away

:(

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

elvisalisellers
Registered for: 9 years 4 months

Post by elvisalisellers »

Ken was the sweetest guy I had the pleasure to get to know on this forum.
Outside of Elvis, we shared many interests; Ali, Shakin' Stevens; Tanita Tikaram and vintage Doctor Who.
The love, support and well wishes he received was surely testament to the affect he had on other people, too.
Enjoy eternal paradise, Ken.
You were loved.

JosephC
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by JosephC »

It doesn't surprise me in the least that Ken would have asked his wife to reach out to you, Greystoke. You have such a wonderful writing style that makes all of your posts so worthwhile. I know Ken felt that, for he experienced it first hand by being a forum member. A high tribute and an incredible task for you to have to deliver this news. Thank you for eulogizing our beloved friend.

It's so very odd, isn't it? I never met Ken and never even exchanged a direct message with him. My closest association was giving him a thumbs up on a wonderfully designed shirt or posting an encouraging message or two on that very sad thread located in "off topic". But because we come here and opine, some less frequent than others, we form this bond. And it only hangs by a thread, seemingly. But that thread has everything to do with the happiest times in our lives..our journey no matter where we hopped on in the wonderful world of Elvis' music. No I never met Ken, but anyone who would have a shirt designed identical to Elvis' peacock jumpsuit is #1 in my book.

May he rest in peace and may his memory be a blessing. Thank you Ken, for this teachable moment in our lives.

Until we meet you again, may God Bless you.

JosephC

PS

I feel, as Ken did, that all of you are my brothers and sisters also. Let's say a prayer today for him as he walks those golden stairs.

Gamma Master
Registered for: 5 years 4 months

Post by Gamma Master »

Such terrible news, my thoughts go out to his family. Ken was one of the kindest people on this forum, I’m sure I can speak for everyone here when I say that his presence will be greatly missed by everyone on here.

Rest easy Ken, you’ll always be in our thoughts

Every opinion is my own, unless stated otherwise.

I overuse brackets as well

Mister Mike
Registered for: 17 years

Post by Mister Mike »

For those of us who have followed Ken's battle from the beginning, this news, though reluctantly expected, remains thoroughly heartbreaking. We all hoped for a better outcome, with Ken riding with Joanne into the sunset. However, life is full of curve balls and is the only one who decides what's at the end of the road we're on. I can only admire the good fight Ken put on and how he became (and will remain) an inspiration for all of us. RIP Ken. As I said before, we'll see you on the other side.

Elvis fan. From Sun to Sundial.

Walter Hale 4
Registered for: 18 years

Post by Walter Hale 4 »

R.I.P Ken,

If his wife and anyone from his family is looking on, my deepest condolences :(

Condolences also to his many friends including the ones he made here.

Always remembered.

JRtherealJR
On Suspension Until Further Notice...
On Suspension Until Further Notice...
Registered for: 12 years 9 months

Post by JRtherealJR »

Rest in peace, Ken. You fought with great courage.

Ad hominem fallacy (or ad hominem) is an attempt to discredit someone’s argument by personally attacking them. Instead of discussing the argument itself, criticism is directed toward the opponent’s character, which is irrelevant to the discussion.
https://www.scribbr.co.uk/fallacy/ad-hominem/

Ad hominem (Latin for 'to the person'), refers to several types of arguments, most of which are fallacious. Typically this term refers to a rhetorical strategy where the speaker attacks the character, motive, or some other attribute of the person making an argument rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself. This avoids genuine debate by creating a personal attack as a diversion.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

SteamrollerBlues
Registered for: 9 years 9 months

Post by SteamrollerBlues »

Like others have said, this was expected, but it surely doesn't make it any less sad. Ken was always so kind in our interactions, and though we never met, of course, I've been thinking about Ken everyday, hoping that somehow this would end another way. I wish the family nothing but peace and kindness in the times ahead.

MartyMcFly
Registered for: 15 years

Post by MartyMcFly »

This is very sad news. RIP Ken. My sincerest condolensces to his family.

norrie
Registered for: 20 years

Post by norrie »

Rest In Peace Ken,you were such a positive guy and will be missed by many .

norrie

AndrewJ

Post by AndrewJ »

This is the news we were all dreading. I didn't know Ken personally, but he was a great guy. His posts were always good fun - and it was his grace and courage during his illness as well as his serenity and peacefulness that i most admired. We've lost a great member and my thoughts go out to his wife Joanne, his family, and friends at this time. I'm glad he got to see Get Back and listen to From Elvis in Nashville - he truely went out on a high! RIP Ken - you'll be missed my friend.

Andrew

fecc-mechanic
Tech Guru.
Mood:

Post by fecc-mechanic »

:confounded: :sob:
For someone I've never met in "real life", this news has hit me pretty hard. Even though we knew it was coming, I think the majority here hoped beyond hope that something would turn around. But you know what? From all appearances, the one person who accepted this fate and handled it better than any of us was Ken himself. That to me shows the strong character that he had. He was one of the true original "good ones".
I'm proud to have known him, even if just for a fleeting moment here on the Elvis forums. But, I'm deeply saddened at the same time.
Ken, may you rest in peace my friend.
My thoughts are with his family and friends.
Sincerely,
Jordan Ritchie

Making this thread a "sticky". Ken deserves it.

elvis-fan

Post by elvis-fan »

So sad to hear of Ken's passing. As with many here, I didn't know Ken on a personal level but I will miss his clever and inspiring daily contributions here on the forum. He always had an uplifting spirit here on FECC... as I'm sure he must have had in his own life. I wish his family strength and love and Ken will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. Such a very sad day. RIP Ken... you were a true gentlemen and you will be sorely missed in a world that truly needs more people like you in it...God bless you.

clambake1967
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by clambake1967 »

Rest in Peace, Ken... God Bless You.