Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Help needed on Elvis in Concert DVD - Urgent!

Wed May 21, 2003 11:27 am

Hi,
your help is badly needed. I saw a copy of Elvis in Concert-The CBS Special and complete outtakes at ebay. It`s been described as an malaysian DVD in NSTC and Dolby Digital, that should have outstanding picture quality. Does anyone of you know if it`s a burned DVD-R or a real pressed one and is the quality really that outstanding?

Thank`s a lot for your support!

Kind regards

Mathias

Wed May 21, 2003 1:13 pm

I have also seen this on e bay and believe it to be the vcd versions transferred onto dvdr , I know that there is a malaysian version of the Aloha show and original TTWII but as far as i am aware there simply isnt an official release of the CBS special available and certainly not one with the complete shows on. So i would say that if you have the vcd copies you dont need this as the quality isnt improved by simply putting it on dvdr it`s just more convenient to watch. Hope this helps you.

Alan

Wed May 21, 2003 5:39 pm

There’s definitely no official DVD version of either “Elvis In Concert” or the CBS out takes. DVDR copies are circulating, but there’s no point in buying a DVDR that has been mastered from a VCD because the quality will be no better. Personally, I have seen DVDR copies taken from the best available videotapes, (which are still not perfect) and the quality on these was quite good. There is an excellent quality video print of the CBS Special, which was issued by one of the fan clubs some years ago, and this also makes a good DVDR transfer. I would try and find out exactly what sources where used, before you buy though.