Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Bonus Songs For Upcoming FTD Release "Chinese Dragon&qu

Tue May 20, 2003 9:26 pm

After looking over the songs performed during this tour, here are the ones that I think the BONUS SONGS on the upcoming FTD release titled "Chinese Dragon" will be pulled from. The question is - which 3 will they use and do you think they (FTD) may even use some other than these possible titles?

Promised Land
How Great Thou Art
Blue Christmas
Polk Salad Annie

Wed May 21, 2003 12:11 am

Polk Salad from South Bend on 9-30-74 is pretty good for a post '72 version. That should be included in my opinion. Promised Land is another keeper as well as How Great Thou Art. Blue Christmas is poorly done. Many fans want to hear Johnny B. Goode from 9-30 with the gunny sack verse. Would Ernst and company dare to put two versions of one song on the same cd? Time will tell.

2001 should be included if it exists on soundboard.

Elvis Fan

Wed May 21, 2003 2:15 am

:o i'm VERY interested that J.B.Goode performed on 1st Oct 74 has a running time of 4 minutes! Is that including dialogue or because it's a LONG VERSION? :lol:

GUNNY SACK!

Wed May 21, 2003 7:52 pm

We know that Elvis performed the "rare" "gunny sack" verse to "Johnny B. Goode" on Sept. 30th. I am hoping that he also did this during the "Chinese Dragon" show being released on the FTD label soon. If not, I would guess that FTD would be good enough to include the unusual version as a bonus track.
TONY DOBB

Wed May 21, 2003 9:42 pm

I have a basically unrelated side note about the "gunny sack" verse which I hope someone else finds amusing. I watched an Elvis impersonator named Lou Vuto about 7 or 8 years ago. He had, and may still have, Charlie Hodge as part of his act, with Charlie in his old familiar role, this time doing all the same things for an impersonator. That alone seems kind of funny. But when they were doing Johnny B. Goode, this ETA went into the "gunny sack" verse, which of course was extremely rarely sung by Elvis. Well, Charlie sung it the way he always had and after a few words realized they were singing two different things, so he stopped singing and shot Lou this look that said, "What the %!@* are you doing?" I sort of got a kick out of that.

Wed May 21, 2003 11:12 pm

Not to go off topic here, but yes Bobby, I know what you're saying because I have been there and caught there show before. The shows makeup is not too bad, but the guy (Lou) sings like his sinus are always stopped up.

As for the extra verse Elvis did, from what I understand Elvis only did it that one time (9-30-74).

But hey, I'll buy the CD anyway to help keep FTD alive - I still think they are great.

Thu May 22, 2003 12:07 am

Oh Ernst, Pleeeaaasse give us the 9-30-74 version as a bonus song if he does not the "gunny sack" verse in the "Chinese Dragon" show.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Thu May 22, 2003 2:07 am

:o I think 100% of fans would be delighted if? 3 bonus tracks were 3 great tracks from the 30.9.74 show including J.B.Goode?? :shock: