Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Elvis's "ALLC" on Everybody Loves Raymond

Tue May 20, 2003 4:30 pm

Did anyone see the season finale of "Everybody Loves Raymond" last night? At the end, during Robert and Amy's wedding dance, they were groovin' to "A Little Less Conversation." They played about half the song before going to the credits. It was pretty damn cool to see them feature Elvis's music this way.

Tue May 20, 2003 4:54 pm

YES!

"Everybody Loves Raymond" is one of my favorite shows. My jaw dropped when I heard them start playing "ALLC". You're right - they played a good part of it while you watched Robert and Amy dance to it.

It was a nice surprise.

Rich

Tue May 20, 2003 4:57 pm

No idea what "Everybody Loves Raymond" is, but 'ALLC' is used often on UK TV as a background tune.

Usually only the instrumental part !

Colin B

Tue May 20, 2003 5:11 pm

That was the funniest damn thing when Robert and Amy started rockin out to ALLC!!!!! lol
JEFF d
EPFAN

Tue May 20, 2003 5:13 pm

I'm sorry, Colin, I assumed that a top comedy show like "Raymond" might get airplay outside of the U.S. It's one of the funniest things on tv, here. It revolves around the Barone family...they live in New York and are severely disfunctional...the show is a scream.

They featured ALLC, and it had Elvis's vocals, too!!! Great PR for our boy.

As an aside, about 3 or 4 years ago, during one episode of "Raymond" does anyone recall Ray sweeping the living room while wearing headphones and singing "In The Ghetto"??? He tries desperately to hit the female high notes and fails miserably...I screamed and almost soiled myself. :lol:

Tue May 20, 2003 5:29 pm

Yeah, I caught the finale last night.

My wife and I thought that was pretty cool hearing ALLC!!!
Brad Garrett was a freakin' scream.
That dance reminded me of Elaine's famous dance from Seinfeld!!!
What a hoot!!!

ALLC - what a class way to close out the season for a real class show!!!

Man, Peter Boyle does not look well though. I wonder if he'll be part of the show next season?

Tue May 20, 2003 6:37 pm

I know this is OFF-TOPIC, I used to like Raymond but after 2 episodes all of them are the same! Little imagination.

Francesc

Wed May 21, 2003 2:09 am

I missed the finale to "Raymond" last night. I love this show. Maybe they will replay it in the summer.

Eagle, I agree- the show where Ray is singing In the Ghetto is VERY FUNNY!!

RKS

Wed May 21, 2003 5:24 am

Actully I heard it this morning in Sydney on Nova 96.9 as background music for the traffic report!

Wed May 21, 2003 5:28 am

Im in the UK - the show has been broadcast on the Paramount Comedy channel here, and whilst I do very much enjoy a lot of the American comedy shows such as Friends, Frasier, Will and Grace etc but I can't say I was too keen on Everybody Loves Raymond personally.

I guess you could say NOT Everybody Loves Raymond then ;)

Wed May 21, 2003 5:30 am

ALLC is heard quite often here in sport shows, and other shows.
Wonder when that Raymond episode will air here.

8)

Wed May 21, 2003 6:42 am

To put some perspective for our friends outside the US, the lead character is the highest paid television actor in the States. He recently bumped Kelsey Grammer of "Frasier" off the throne as most-paid.