More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
JEKHB
Registered for: 20 years 10 months

Audience Concerts Remasterd !

Post by JEKHB »

Hi,

Can someone tell me a way how to remaster audience recordings?
Ok I know that it is not possible to make a soundboard sounding cd from an audience show, but there must be a way to come a long way in the direction of that.
There are so many great programs out there, so there must be a way to make these audience shows very good.

If someone can help me on this please let me know.
If you know a program that suits the best, I will over my free time to make audience concerts that I have on tape great sounding concerts, not soundboard sounding but I think that they can sound like RUN ON.
I have more than 300 concerts on tape, and I'm willing to put them online when I have remasterd them.
I will make my own website with only remasterd concerts.
So please help me, we fans need this.

thanks,
Eddy KHB
Holland.

Albert
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by Albert »

I think it would be much easier if you would hand over those tapes to people that already have much experience in remastering...

(btw... aint "Run On" a soundboard?)

MikeMcCoy
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by MikeMcCoy »

Hi, Eddie!

I might be able to help you out.. send me an e-mail!

jonburrows@mchsi.com

I've helped several people do this who were at the shows and taped them, and wanted a CD copy that sounded as good as possible to remember the concert by. :)

-Mike
Founder and Co-President of the E.A.P. Society
(The Elvis Archeological Preservation Society)
http://www.eapsociety.com

merry77
Registered for: 20 years 10 months

remastering

Post by merry77 »

Hi Eddy,

Since 1996 I am remastering audio tapes to CD.
It is a tedious, time consuming job.

It is possible to increase the quality of a current recording a little bit. But you are confined to a small step in better quality. Because if you try to do much the recording will either sound like it´s recorded through a pipe, or if you try to remove noise too much you will also lose the high frequencies.
You always have to go for a compromise.

In remastering over 600 audience recorded tapes that you can improve quality by about two notches depending on the recording.
For example from 3- to 3+ from 2 to 3- etc.

I do this on a Macintosh computer using a program of Sonic Solutions.
They have quite good algorythms for equalizing or de-clicking.
I use a rubberband equalizer that works like a parametric equalizer that can handle up to a few hundred separate frequency settings!
That way I can cut out almost single frequencies if I want to.
But to set the equalizer correct takes a lot of time. Then the actual equalizing goes pretty fast on my dual processor system.

Hope that gives you some more information on the shows that you got from me so far.

Regards
Merijn

Joined this board exactly 30 years after Elvis show in Phoenix, Arizona to celebrate this wonderful fact.