Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Tue May 20, 2003 8:46 am

Yup. Gotta agree. The story is as bogus as the sig (Elvis').

As of this date, I don't see one SINGLE genuine Elvis autograph on e-bay currently listed (but have seen over a dozen poorly executed fakes listed).

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

PS - UF, what was the deal with the "Sun" auction using the Velvet auction pics? (PM me, I'm interested in hearing the full story as well).

N8
...just a fan....

Tue May 20, 2003 9:54 am

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3327946988

Tue May 20, 2003 12:26 pm

N880EP wrote:As of this date, I don't see one SINGLE genuine Elvis autograph on e-bay currently listed (but have seen over a dozen poorly executed fakes listed)
N8
...just a fan....

Try eBay Germany, there are really good ones for sale from time to time ... Elvis signed a lot in Germany - Story's are very believable, photo's are fan made and real ... If you want a good autograph, without an overrated certificate of authenticity I would recommend going there ...

Wed May 21, 2003 1:57 am

Yep again. Gotta agree with UF on this one, too.

I've seen a lot of crap autographs sourced to Germany/Europe .... some are just bit better executed, but bogus is as bogus does.

Plus, the most infamous fakes - the "Germany Song Lyrics" (a whole batch) were sourced to Europe (even sold by a major auction house that had to refund $$$). Outstandingly executed forgeries; fooled even the best of collectors. The ink used was tested and proven to be manufactured after 1980. Pages of handwritten lyrics, multiple EP signatures, "official" stamps/markings, ............ but all fake.

N8
...just a fan....