Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Never Been To Spain - Question?

Mon May 19, 2003 9:19 pm

My all time favourite song is 'Never been to Spain' & as I've only recently started building my import collection I was wondering if there are particular releases I should look out for that feature this song being rehearsed in the studio? One of my favourite live discs that feature NBTS is 'From Sunset Blvd to Paradise Road', it sounds just amazing & I just keep on hitting that repeat button!

NEVER BEEN TO SPAIN.

Mon May 19, 2003 11:08 pm

I find all the official releases of this song very entertaining! Elvis does this song justice IMO. This was something I would like to have a studio version of!
I think Elvis did well on most songs he never recorded himself in the studio!

Mon May 19, 2003 11:25 pm

I have the originals by Three Dog Night & Hoyt Axton on CD. You want to hear them?

NEVER BEEN TO SPAIN.

Tue May 20, 2003 12:34 am

I've heard the THREE DOG NIGHT version, got it on record! That's why I think Elvis did very well on this one!
As a matter of fact, I've collected many of the originals Elvis covered through the years, and there are but a few that I think he didn't do better!

Tue May 20, 2003 12:42 am

There are quite a few live '72 imports that feature this song.
One of my favourites has to be the rehearsal on 'The Complete On Tour Sessions' on the Vicky label.

never been

Tue May 20, 2003 6:43 pm

greensboro 72, has to be one of the best verson , there is a new cdr with remaster sound of this show that really shows the power in his voice

Tue May 20, 2003 8:26 pm

I like the version on the Burning Love CD very much.
Great guitar riff and just listen to those drums!

Sonny

Tue May 20, 2003 8:56 pm

I too have always enjoyed listening to Elvis version. However, there is one thing I have always wondered about that song - what is the meaning behind? Just curious :shock:

Tue May 20, 2003 8:58 pm

Well, I guess it's about a man who's never been to spain and who kinda likes the music.

Just kiddin'

Sonny

Wed May 21, 2003 6:31 am

This is a song I like very much. A standout on his concert recordings.

8)

he also kinda likes the beatles.

Wed May 21, 2003 6:45 am

Sonny wrote:Well, I guess it's about a man who's never been to spain and who kinda likes the music.

Just kiddin'

Sonny

I laughed out loud, Sonny! :D