More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Spellbinder
On Suspension Until Further Notice...
On Suspension Until Further Notice...
Registered for: 21 years

Re: New Venus Set: Tearing 'Em Up - Announcement

Post by Spellbinder »

A. C. van Kuijk on Sun 13 May 2018 7:15 am wrote:The book offers many pictures taken at the concerts. Before you see the pictures of a show, the book lists the date, the venue, the number of the audience, the suit Elvis wore, the gross of the show and the set list. The quality of the photos varies, but many are great and they all show a rockin' and enthusiastic Elvis. He obviously liked what he was doing and was much more vibrant than during his following tour in April 1972.

The dvd tries to recapture a tour concert. Footage from various places was synched to the audio of the Boston show and it was done surprisingly well. A lot of times you can't figure, that the audio does not belong to the video. Much of the footage is surprisingly good, even some well known clips appear in better quality than on the dvds that are circulating through the Elvis world.

As a bonus the Boston show is included on an audio-cd. To me the sound has more punch than the FTD, but that might be an individual observation.

Together with TEARING 'EM UP we also receive a bonus release called UNEDITED MASTERS - THE NEXT GENERATION. It's somewhat of a best of, but it also features some stuff that was not part of the regular UNEDITED MASTERS releases.

If one is interested in the King's concert years, this release is a must-have.
Keith Flynn updated his recording sessions website yesterday to include details of this CD.

Thanks, Keith, for all the tremendous work you do for us.

Ray

drjohncarpenter

Post by drjohncarpenter »

A. C. van Kuijk on Sat May 12, 2018 11:15 pm wrote:The book offers many pictures taken at the concerts. Before you see the pictures of a show, the book lists the date, the venue, the number of the audience, the suit Elvis wore, the gross of the show and the set list. The quality of the photos varies, but many are great and they all show a rockin' and enthusiastic Elvis. He obviously liked what he was doing and was much more vibrant than during his following tour in April 1972.

The dvd tries to recapture a tour concert. Footage from various places was synched to the audio of the Boston show and it was done surprisingly well. A lot of times you can't figure, that the audio does not belong to the video. Much of the footage is surprisingly good, even some well known clips appear in better quality than on the dvds that are circulating through the Elvis world.

As a bonus the Boston show is included on an audio-cd. To me the sound has more punch than the FTD, but that might be an individual observation.

Together with TEARING 'EM UP we also receive a bonus release called UNEDITED MASTERS - THE NEXT GENERATION. It's somewhat of a best of, but it also features some stuff that was not part of the regular UNEDITED MASTERS releases.

If one is interested in the King's concert years, this release is a must-have.
Thank you for the great review. Elvis was on fire in November 1971. Most fans might find that pretty cool.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

PiersEIN

Post by PiersEIN »

Detailed 2,500 word review now posted on EIN.
A very enjoyable set.
Although Kieran Davis well-researched book still remains my favourite.

The latest release from Venus Productions, Tearing ‘Em Up! The King in Motion Vol. 3, showcases Elvis’ November 1971 tour.
To date, the tour has been well served by a number of excellent book releases. The definitive account of the tour is Kieran Davis’ superb 2010 hardcover release, Elvis On Tour November 1971. Davis’ book distinguishes itself through its wonderfully expressive mix of narrative, archival material and imagery of the King live on stage. Another solid release showcasing the tour is the Joseph Tunzi and Paul Lichter collaboration in 2011, Elvis By Special Request ’71 at 40 (128 pages), while Erik Lorentzen's Elvis Files 1971-73 devotes 35 pages to the tour.

Go here for full review
http://www.elvisinfonet.com/review-tearing-em-up-2018.html

Cheers
Piers

Mike C

Post by Mike C »

PiersEIN on Wed May 16, 2018 4:26 pm wrote:Detailed 2,500 word review now posted on EIN.
A very enjoyable set.
Although Kieran Davis well-researched book still remains my favourite.

The latest release from Venus Productions, Tearing ‘Em Up! The King in Motion Vol. 3, showcases Elvis’ November 1971 tour.
To date, the tour has been well served by a number of excellent book releases. The definitive account of the tour is Kieran Davis’ superb 2010 hardcover release, Elvis On Tour November 1971. Davis’ book distinguishes itself through its wonderfully expressive mix of narrative, archival material and imagery of the King live on stage. Another solid release showcasing the tour is the Joseph Tunzi and Paul Lichter collaboration in 2011, Elvis By Special Request ’71 at 40 (128 pages), while Erik Lorentzen's Elvis Files 1971-73 devotes 35 pages to the tour.

Go here for full review
http://www.elvisinfonet.com/review-tearing-em-up-2018.html

Cheers
Piers
Looks good, Piers. Can't wait to read your review.

"You go to school. I'm going out to make a buck!"
Elvis as Danny Fisher

Christopher
Registered for: 18 years 1 month

Post by Christopher »

just read your review, thank you for that, piers.
www.elvisinfonet.com/review-tearing-em-up wrote:... Being a bootleg Venus have lifted the best quality 1971 amateur footage from Bud Glass' 'Behind The Image' DVD which is of Elvis performing in his 'Red Lion' jumpsuit from Houston, November 12. ...
could you please tell me (or someone else who owns it), how much footage from the complete "tearing ´em up" dvd is lifted from the "behind the Image" release (for example, 50% or rather 30%)?
thanks in advance!

Give a man a fish and he´ll have dinner for a day.
Teach a man how to fish and he´ll have dinner for a lifetime!

(signature borrowed from treasured fecc member lovin´ EP Linda ... until she wants it back)

More important than ever: https://blacklivesmatter.com/

PiersEIN

Post by PiersEIN »

Christopher on Thu May 17, 2018 7:51 pm wrote:just read your review, thank you for that, piers.
www.elvisinfonet.com/review-tearing-em-up wrote:... Being a bootleg Venus have lifted the best quality 1971 amateur footage from Bud Glass' 'Behind The Image' DVD which is of Elvis performing in his 'Red Lion' jumpsuit from Houston, November 12. ...
could you please tell me (or someone else who owns it), how much footage from the complete "tearing ´em up" dvd is lifted from the "behind the Image" release (for example, 50% or rather 30%)?
thanks in advance!
It's the best footage - but less than 30%.
But the tracks are all compiled from various concerts cutting from one to another so it is not all the BTI footage in one row.
As I am a friend of Bud Glass I can see it is a little unfair - but then VENUS is a bootleg company and will steal with impunity and there is little he can do.
It is very fine to have it synced to Elvis' concert audio which he could not officially do.

However I certainly did not buy this Venus set for the DVD, nor the CD which no one will need - but as Nigel says in the review "for the overall package".
and very nice it is too.

If I didn't have a job I would however think twice about buying yet another book on Elvis in November 1971.

Cheers
Piers