Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Red West: James Burton Takes A Stance

Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:35 am

James Burton just posted another statement. For some reason I smell a rat… I’m beginning to get the feeling that this issue was really about a conflicting --perhaps more lucrative-- booking, and that he merely found a convenient excuse. Anyway, read on:

A Statement From James Burton:

I want to THANK ALL THE FRIENDS OF ELVIS' FOR STANDING UP FOR ELVIS with me. I am very grateful for your support and understanding.

I will not be on the TCB Band/ Dennis Jale Cruise in September 2014.

The day I sent my statement of Feb 11th, I went ahead and scheduled another project during that time. I have enjoyed working with Dennis and perhaps we can take a cruise together at another time.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL, James Burton

Or am I being too cynical? I have defended James on this thread, but this latest statement somehow left me with an uneasy feeling.

Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:44 am

It is natural to be cynical; however, if the man has proven to be trustworthy in the past, one should give him the benefit of the doubt.

You would know, one door closes, and a lot of the time, another opens.

The truth, generally speaking, usually reveals itself in time, also by people's actions, or lack thereof.

Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:55 am

Well James has never written a book smearing Elvis, so I think he still beats Red. I'd rather see James (which I have) than Red (which I'd never do).

Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:47 pm

Rock Legend wrote:James Burton just posted another statement. For some reason I smell a rat… I’m beginning to get the feeling that this issue was really about a conflicting --perhaps more lucrative-- booking, and that he merely found a convenient excuse. Anyway, read on:

I want to THANK ALL THE FRIENDS OF ELVIS' FOR STANDING UP FOR ELVIS with me. I am very grateful for your support and understanding.

The day I sent my statement of Feb 11th, I went ahead and scheduled another project during that time. I have enjoyed working with Dennis and perhaps we can take a cruise together at another time.

Or am I being too cynical? I have defended James on this thread, but this latest statement somehow left me with an uneasy feeling.

No, I don't think so. Burton must have known how fans, Hebler and Lacker were going to respond.

All it seems to have done was bring up sad memories and divide us fans more.

There's more to this story than we know, and in time, we'll find out.

Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:59 pm

Maybe yes, or maybe no.

Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:30 pm

Rock Legend wrote:James Burton just posted another statement. For some reason I smell a rat… I’m beginning to get the feeling that this issue was really about a conflicting --perhaps more lucrative-- booking, and that he merely found a convenient excuse. Anyway, read on:

So, no James and no Red on the cruise. I hear the trumpet player from the Hot Hilton Horns is available, for the right price.

Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:50 am

Aw, heck, I don't go on cruises; I mean I wouldn't. Not after several recent horrible incidents on such vessels. Remember the "poop deck" that rolled into Mobile?

phpBB [video]

Sail on!

rjm

Sent From My Phabulous Galaxy Note II Phablet Using Tapatalk 4

Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:03 pm

Ultimately Elvis is to blame for his downfall......but, I think they're all hypocrites......MM, TCB, the women, his Dad and especially Tom Parker.
If they all 'supposedly' had his best interests at heart they should have tackled him head on regardless of the consequences to themselves personally. They all 'loved him so much'......bulls*it
All able bodied people who could have got work elsewhere.....

Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:11 pm

Not Vernon. The last job he had was in the early 50' if I remember correctly.

Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:34 pm

debtd1 wrote:Ultimately Elvis is to blame for his downfall......but, I think they're all hypocrites......MM, TCB, the women, his Dad and especially Tom Parker.
If they all 'supposedly' had his best interests at heart they should have tackled him head on regardless of the consequences to themselves personally. They all 'loved him so much'......bulls*it
All able bodied people who could have got work elsewhere.....

Yes and Parker should have offered an alternative to the self-destructiive path that Elvis adopted.

Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:37 pm

elvisjock wrote:So, no James and no Red on the cruise. I hear the trumpet player from the Hot Hilton Horns is available, for the right price.

Then that leaves me out. I'll not take a boat ride with any member of the Hot Hilton Horns. Those back-stabbing bastards weren't really Elvis' friends!

They were really something on stage, but where were they the minute Elvis needed them?

Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:46 am

jungleroombear wrote:With the benefit of hindsight the book would never have been written esp if the three guys involved were aware of how much their recollections would get sexed-up. Dave Hebler's response to Jame's statement is in poor taste though and merely serves to fuel the hurt and widen the divide. Really these guys need to move on. In fact why can't a big team hug of forgiveness and reconcilliation be pencilled in as an event at the Pyramid during Elvis week. I'm sure everyone would be in floods of tears. I'm filling up just imagining it!
BTW does anyone know how many copies the book sold globally? I understand the Walmart chain placed the largest book order ever (2.5m) at the time of Elvis' death.

Well said.

:D

Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:50 am

jungleroombear wrote:In fact why can't a big team hug of forgiveness and reconcilliation be pencilled in as an event at the Pyramid during Elvis week.

It's never too late for a group hug, I say.