Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

quad disc of Aloha From Hawaii Question

Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:13 am

Is the Quad Disc of Aloha From Hawaii very different to hear vs. the regular edition Stereo. Should a person search out one of these quad discs or just look for the quad disc studio LP's instead?

Re: quad disc of Aloha From Hawaii Question

Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:59 am

Deke Rivers II wrote:Is the Quad Disc of Aloha From Hawaii very different to hear vs. the regular edition Stereo. Should a person search out one of these quad discs or just look for the quad disc studio LP's instead?

I have heard they sound strange on a standard record player system .
Also a lot of these versions are offered on ebay.
Aloha was sold for only 15USD a week ago.....Sealed but it had the word "RE" (reissue) bottom left front cover.
Still it was very cheap for a quaddisc edition :?:

Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:30 am

I got both versions.
It sounds the same to me.
It is just like playing a dvd with 5.1 surround sound on an ordinary stereo amplifier.
You can try it with a dvd just switch over to 2 channel surround on your dvd remote.dvd usually have both surround systems on the same dvd. :smt006

Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:55 am

Aloha from Hawaii sounds the same because it was for general release and no stereo version was here, although later the rCA Recvord Club issued a stereo version, while on the other quad releases it was mixed specially for quad as people could buy the regular stereo version too.

Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:53 pm

svallen wrote:I got both versions.
It sounds the same to me.
It is just like playing a dvd with 5.1 surround sound on an ordinary stereo amplifier.

I can back that up! 8)

Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:21 pm

As well as i
Joe