Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Elvis' treasures

Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:27 am

This looks like it's from the discovery of King Tutankhamen's tomb in Egypt. But it's actually a collection of Elvis' stage belts. Notice the gold plating on some of them. Wow!

Re: Elvis' treasures

Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:29 am

Fit For a King indeed!

Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:01 am

Don't recall seeing that blue one on the far left before...

Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:07 am

SuspiciousMind wrote:This looks like it's from the discovery of King Tutankhamen's tomb in Egypt. But it's actually a collection of Elvis' stage belts. Notice the gold plating on some of them. Wow!

Elvis' Santa Claus belts.JPG

Oh, sweet memories.

Ho ho ho!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:21 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
SuspiciousMind wrote:This looks like it's from the discovery of King Tutankhamen's tomb in Egypt. But it's actually a collection of Elvis' stage belts. Notice the gold plating on some of them. Wow!

Oh, sweet memories.

Ho ho ho!

I never saw Santa dressed that elaborate. Besides, it caught on over the years. Many stars both male and female have worn these same types of belts. Recent stars like Madonna, Toni Braxton, Britney Spears, Beyonce, Rihanna, Prince and Michael Jackson.

Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:19 am

SuspiciousMind wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Oh, sweet memories.

Ho ho ho!

I never saw Santa dressed that elaborate. Besides, it caught on over the years. Many stars both male and female have worn these same types of belts. Recent stars like Madonna, Toni Braxton, Britney Spears, Beyonce, Rihanna, Prince and Michael Jackson.

Now that's funny, I don't care who you are.

Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:51 am

That's also true! I have a recent MJ calendar where he's wearing a flamboyant "patriotic" style get-up that looks a LOT like the Aloha suit. I had never seen it before. Don't know the date.

But others have gone in this direction, for good or ill.

rjm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:23 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:

Oh, sweet memories.

Ho ho ho!

Like it or not, these were a part of Elvis and his later years. C'est la vie.

Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:28 am

The "Santa belts" may not be everybody's cup of tea but If I was to choose an entertainers 'look' both in 1970 and 1972 then Elvis wins hands-down.

# 1 in 1970, Mungo Jerry

images.jpg

And Elvis looked like this.

yes.jpg

and here is Marc Bolan who was # 1 in 1972

images (1).jpg

Elvis? He looked like this.

Kansas City 19th June 1972.jpg

Lets keep it in perspective shall we?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:38 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
SuspiciousMind wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Oh, sweet memories.

Ho ho ho!

Wow....you're in a great mood Doc....can you be more rude than this.... :wtf:

Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:31 am

Julian Grant wrote:The "Santa belts" may not be everybody's cup of tea but If I was to choose an entertainers 'look' both in 1970 and 1972 then Elvis wins hands-down.

# 1 in 1970, Mungo Jerry

images.jpg

And Elvis looked like this.

yes.jpg

and here is Marc Bolan who was # 1 in 1972

images (1).jpg

Elvis? He looked like this.

Kansas City 19th June 1972.jpg

Lets keep it in perspective shall we?

Yes! When comparing Elvis to other good-looking rock performers from 1970, Mungo Jerry tops the list. ;-)

Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:48 pm

The big belt image began back in 1969 while rehearsing for the big comeback in Vegas.

Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:48 pm

Actually, research proves the mid-'70s stage attire actually goes back to the summer of 1966.

Note prototypical belt and jumpsuit.

660700_Easy Come Easy Go_jumpsuit.JPG

Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:13 pm

SuspiciousMind wrote:The big belt image began back in 1969 while rehearsing for the big comeback in Vegas.

How cool can one guy look?!

Elvis looks okay, too.

Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:23 pm

elvisalisellers wrote:
SuspiciousMind wrote:The big belt image began back in 1969 while rehearsing for the big comeback in Vegas.

How cool can one guy look?!
Elvis looks okay, too.

:lol:

Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:57 pm

Sun Hero wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
SuspiciousMind wrote:I never saw Santa dressed that elaborate. Besides, it caught on over the years. Many stars both male and female have worn these same types of belts. Recent stars like Madonna, Toni Braxton, Britney Spears, Beyonce, Rihanna, Prince and Michael Jackson.

That reply is clearly tongue-in-cheek. It has been used many times on FECC by our beloved Rob.

Just ask him. ;-)

Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:09 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Sun Hero wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
SuspiciousMind wrote:I never saw Santa dressed that elaborate. Besides, it caught on over the years. Many stars both male and female have worn these same types of belts. Recent stars like Madonna, Toni Braxton, Britney Spears, Beyonce, Rihanna, Prince and Michael Jackson.

That reply is clearly tongue-in-cheek. It has been used many times on FECC by our beloved Rob.

Just ask him. ;-)

Now that's funny....and I don't care who you are...
hey....that sounds actually pretty cool to say.... :wink:

Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:11 pm

Sun Hero wrote:Now that's funny....and I don't care who you are...

Glad to read you are catching on.

Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:59 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Sun Hero wrote:Now that's funny....and I don't care who you are...

Glad to read you are catching on.

Thanks Doc....I'm glad we're BFF's now..... :wink: